Golden Living Taylorsville - Taylorsville, UT

Staff is energetic and knowledgeable!

I chose this community because when my Grandma first walked in, she lit up. I knew this place would make her the happiest compared to other places we toured. Every time you walk in, everyone is extremely friendly. I have yet to see any negativity from the staff. The woman who gave me the tour was very energetic and knowledgeable. They show that they really care about what they do. All the staff treats my Grandma very well and they’re always around if she needs help. I have nothing bad to say at all about this facility. The food is absolutely perfect. The kitchen is open from 7 AM to 7 PM. I really like that because my Grandma wakes up at 10 AM and she never has to worry about missing breakfast. She will always have a hot breakfast. They serve 3 meals a day with snacks in between. The facility itself is very clean. I absolutely love their courtyard too, it makes it feel homey. There’s a lot of grass with a garden and it’s perfect for the elderly people. The facility also has a lot of activities like board games, annual BBQ’s, car shows in the summer, movie nights, and church mass. I would recommend this community.

Offered More Care Than Needed

This was a very nice community very clean and well maintained. We had visited some of the staff and the residents and everyone seemed very happy and nice. The residents that we met seemed to enjoy living here. The community offered more care than what dad was needing at this point so we didn't feel it would have been the right choice for him.

I visited this home recently comparing local rates for my father. The location itself is decent but the building seems to me like it could use some upgrades. I talked to the front desk very briefly (a woman. I can't recall her name) and couldn't help but feel like she was new or had better things to be doing rather then speaking with me. She asked a young woman walking by/ marketer person there if she could better assist me with my questions (light skinned woman. Shorter hair and a Tattoo but Again I can't recall her name) whom offered to see about getting me and my father a tour of the facility. I declined and just asked about their rates which seemed reasonable compared to other establishments I visited in the city. I felt the customer service however lacked from a couple employees who I tried to get information from and a little unprofessional from the sales marketer[Removed]. The relationship between the patrons and staff did however seem rather tightly knit so I may have just come in on a off day. I also did like that they offered dining style meals like at a restaurant. I think the facility may be worth checking into but through my experience there and needs I chose to move along towards a different option.

Very impressed!

I toured this facility looking for a place for dad. The staff was warm and welcoming. I got random smiles as I went through the building from staff and residents. And they even had bingo going!
Was very impressed overall. Would encourage anyone to take a tour. You'll love it :)

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Dear Alan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for our team! We are so happy that you had such a great experience with Golden Living Taylorsville! We strongly believe that the power of caring and thoughtfulness is what helps make Golden Living Taylorsville special for so many people. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for the opportunity to provide excellent service in the future! Sincerely, Team Golden Living Taylorsville.

Awesome place

I toured this facility and was impressed with its cleanliness. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. I was invited to an activity, everyone had lots of fun

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Dear Judy, It's so wonderful to see you had such a positive experience with us! We do our very best to provide top-notch service, so it's great to see we're living up to this goal. Sincerely, Team Golden Living Taylorsville.

Great people, I brought a Shetland pony to see the residents. Great time for all. I will come back again if they will allow it.
[Removed]

Wonderful Place for Seniors

We moved my mother into Golden Living one month ago and have been very pleased. The staff have been very caring, compassionate and friendly. The residents seem happy to be there. The facility is clean and well cared for and has a light and open atmosphere. My mother usually complains about substandard cleaning and food but has not complained since she has been here and actually says most of the food is really good. If the residents don't like what is on the menu they have many other options, including breakfast that is served all day. They do three loads of laundry a week, which has been very helpful. I have witnessed many instances where the staff has gone out of their way to help mom adjust to her new environment. We have found this to be a very affordable place for mom to live. It was a great decision to move her into Golden Living.

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Dear Mary Templeman, It's so wonderful to see you had such a positive experience with us! We do our very best to provide top-notch service, so it's great to see we're living up to this goal. Sincerely, Team Golden Living Taylorsville.

I Love Golden Living Center in Taylorsville, Utah!

Look no further than Golden Living Center in Taylorsville, Utah for an incredible assisted living facility! Mom has been a resident for a year and we couldn't be happier. The amazing and caring staff, delicious meals, housekeeping and laundry services, and some of the best activities you'll find anywhere--are included in a very reasonable monthly charge. Our family has peace of mind that Mom will be safe and happy. Thank you, Golden Living!

A Fantastic Choice

I am so glad that my mother-in-law is now living with the wonderful folks at Golden Living Center in Taylorsville. The love and care shown to her by the staff and other residents couldn't be more genuine. The food is tremendous, available throughout the day and with many choices, and I am constantly in awe of the varied and engaging activities and trips put together by Michelle and her colleagues. Their inventiveness is boundless. Kudos and warm thanks to the entire staff.

Very clean and friendly atmosphere.

I really enjoyed the staff and residence while I visted the facility. It was clean and very welcoming. The staff appeared to be very supportive of the residents and in turn the residents appeared to be happy. I really enjoyed the birds in the lobby. They are well looked after and cared for. These small things can mean a lot.

I had the opportunity to tour this facility and was satisfied with the facility. The staff were able to answer all of my questions and I felt that they really care for the patrons.

My Golden Girl

It is never an easy decision to look for assisted living for those we hold dear.

Golden Living made it very easy, however. Their facility is pleasant and affordable. The staff is incredible. They helped to make the transition seamless and easy. Wonderful attitudes and helpful people make this an amazing community.

I have never had to worry about my mother's care and applaud Golden Living for their dedication to ensuring that this is not a facility, but a home for my mother.

Impressed

I had the opportunity to take a tour of Golden Living. The atmosphere is warm welcoming and homelike. The said hello to me as I walked through the halls. Not at all what I was expecting from an assisted living!

Only Level 1 Care

I toured this community with my family and found that they provide limited care like level 1 care. They would not be able to do any lifting. The price would also increase if needing assitance in the future. The studio was available and it was too small for my mom. It was a great place to see but not for us.

My Tour Went Well

A pleasant tour. Everything went very well. The staff was very kind and informative. The community looks very well maintained. There do offer activities for the residents. The residents were sweet and welcoming. My tour went well.

Phenomenal Care, Clean, and Friendly!

First, I have never walked into an assisted living facility and felt so welcome. When you arrive at Golden Living Taylorsville, you will see quickly that the residents are well taken care of.

When I arrived, the lady at the front desk was so informative and genuinely friendly. I then met Emily [removed], the executive director, she explained to me how they view care and that they treat each and every resident as family. She knows how to facilitate care on a level that is extremely rare in assisted living facilities. I had the pleasure of speaking with some of the staff and was impressed that they all had a very similar view about their "family." Shauna [removed], the community relations director, goes out of her way to help people. Shauna is energetic, friendly, and very caring about everyone in the facility.

Finding a place for yourself, mom, dad, or relative that is clean, welcoming, and provides phenomenal care, can be an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Golden Living knows how to care and has the resources to help you plan financially for that care.

If I were in a situation where I was forced to find an assisted living facility, I would be happy to call this place my home.

Golden Living -- a very special place indeed!

Shauna at Golden Living is fabulous and a joy to work with. She cared as much about my Dad as our family did in making sure Golden Living was a good fit for him. In fact, everyone at Golden Living has gone out of their way to introduce themselves to our family and our Dad from the moment we walked in. Every time I have entered Golden Living I feel like I am walking into a special place just for my Dad.

My mother-in-law was not happy at Golden Living Taylorsville. She was not comfortable there. She did not like the food. I would not recommend.

Nice facility

Golden Living is a very nice facility and it is comfortable, clean and cozy. The staff is pleasant and caring. They do a really good job with the residents. Overall, this is a great facility and we have no complaints.

The Golden Living community has a family feel, I notice the staff goes out of their way to meet the needs of their residents. Staff is courteous and kind, they are knowledgeable and qualified to manage the ever changing needs of their Golden Living family/residents.

Amazing Assisted Living

This is one of the best organized Assisted Livings I have ever entered! The Communication between staff is flawless. There DON and Care Coordinator are some of the best you will find in the state, and you can tell that they really care about you and your loved ones. I give this 5+ Stars!

Occupational Therapist working with a patient at Golden Living

As a home health occupational therapist, I always appreciate when an Assisted Living Facility works hard to ensure that its residents feel as at home as possible. This was my experience at Golden Living with one of my patients who had very unique needs. Golden Living went out of their way to make sure that he had the absolute best case scenario for his needs. I was impressed by their compassion.

Since we've been there we have really been happy. We rated the property all 5 stars. There is nothing we think they could improve there. The food is really good there, he has not complained about it.

Best care

Making the decision to put a loved one into an assisted living facility is daunting, let alone trying to decide which facility would best accommodate. Golden Living has been remarkable from the minute we walked into the front door, to now a year and a few months later. The staff make the residents feel important as well as their family members. The activity staff makes living at Golden Living fun and entertaining. I would recommend anyone to come and see for themselves. You will not be sorry!

Very accommodating

The golden living Taylorsville has been so accommodating. They have done everything they could to make the transition effortless. My loved one is very happy here.

Awesome staff

The staff at Golden Living went above and beyond to help my friend as he moved into the facility. Thanks so much for all your help.

Could have better food

They have listened to the needs of my Mom and tried to accommodate that. Overall, the food is the biggest problem. They could healthier choices, better variety, and better taste.

Warm and inviting!

Whenever I go into Golden Living in Taylorsville, it feels warm and inviting. It's clean and fresh with wonderful smells coming from the kitchen- just like Grandma's house!

This is a great place for someone in their latter year and I am pleased at how well my mom is accepting this new change in her life.

This is a great place for my mom. She seems happier since she has been there. The staff is great. They are friendly and caring.

Awesome Place!

Golden Living is a wonderful caring place for your loved ones!

I wish

I wish I would of looked into this place, back when my dad wasn't quite able to live on his own any longer. I think he would of enjoyed it here. Great friendly staff, that actually cares about it's residents. It shows as soon as you walk in the front door. Residents are out of their rooms socializing, and greeting you with a smile, and hello. Everyone seems to be happy here.

excellent

If you love your parents and loved ones this is the only place for them. Don't spend your time looking some where else. Golden Living in Taylorsville is great.

Very helpful and a kind staff. my mother die yesterday and the staff took excellent care of her last hours. I highly recommend Golden living.

A Wonderful Place to Live

I have been a resident of Golden Living since February 2015 and absolutely love it here. I’m really impressed by everything they do here. The food is good, the staff is wonderful, and everybody knew my name the day after I moved in. The activities are varied and so much fun. I especially like the scenic drives and the offsite picnics. I like the walking club and the exercise activities. The care staff is wonderful. If they haven’t seen you during the day, they come and check on you. Every 3 months I have a care conference with the executive director and the nurse informing me of my progress. At this time of my life, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

It's the staff that make the caring difference!

It is the staff that make the difference. They truly care about their residents and offer great fun filled activities! Shauna is an amazing person who goes above and beyond to help make the transition smooth.

Wonderful environment

My sister is a resident at Golden Living. I was impressed with their facility when I was touring different places and they haven't disappointed me at all. The facility is a little outdated with it decorations but it is very clean compared to many places I toured. Their staff is very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. My sister loves her room and having her own furnishings. It feels like home to her. She has meet many people who have become friends and she enjoys the activities that are provided. The staff has even become her friends. She loves the women that helps with her room and laundry. She also enjoys the meals. I have also become friends with the Director, Rob, the Relations Director, Shauna, the housekeeper, Anna and some of the other residents. They all have my sisters best interests in mind and give her great care. I highly recommend Golden Living.

Golden Living is a nice place for seniors.

We were very pleased with the personal attention we received at Golden Living. My husband and I went there to 'preview' it for my mother. Everyone was very friendly and the staff knew the residents by name. We were impressed sufficiently to schedule lunch with Shauna Stimpson so my mother could see the facility herself. When we, my mom, sister and myself arrived the staff and residents were all just as friendly as before. The food was good and the variety is nice. All the residents said it was a great place. My Mom decided to reserve a place on the waiting list.

While this is an older building and not super fancy and modern, the staff and residents of this place make it truly wonderful!
My mom really enjoyed our tour and in fact we stayed for over 3 hours! #1 on our list so far.

Review

After nine months at Golden Living, I have settled in and am enjoying myself. We have meals and house keeping provided, plus many activities are offered every day. My room in comfortable, quiet, and easy to maintain. The nursing staff keeps me on schedule with my medications and monitors my vital life signs.

One of the features that feels essential is the wifi that is provided, allowing me to keep in contact with my family and friends, as well as keep up with current events and do all the research and learning that I want. I have used the Internet to research a music appreciation class that I present each week to the residents here.

Appreciating Golden Living

Great Activities

I have volunteered at several activities at this facility and the staff has always been extrememly friendly and helpful. The community is clean and very well run. I have always been impressed with the variety of activities they provide for their residents.

Put Golden Living at the top of your list!

I have been to Golden Living doing jewelry parties for the residents and staff. The facility is always clean, staff is friendly and lunch is always wonderful. When the time comes to find a place for my parents this is the only stop on my list. I know they will receive the care that they will need and be able to be independent.

My stepfather has been a resident of Golden Living in Taylorsville for the past 18 months. Although it took some convincing to get him to move in, he now calls it home, and really loves living here. He enjoys the activities, and has been to Wendover, the movies, ballgames, and on mountain getaway picnics. He raves all the time about the food, and has gain 16 pounds since moving in. The care staff and all the employees go above and beyond to make him feel welcome and at home. I am so pleased with the service we get, and am happy that he is happy.

I'm Happy at Golden Living

I'm a resident of Golden Living and I am very happy. I don't have to do any chores or cook any meals. All I have to do is make my bed in the morning. I'm free to do whatever I want the rest of the day. We have games and bands that come to play for us. They take us on trips. Today they went to see the dinosaurs in Ogden. They also have started a walking class. There is a first, second and third class and if we make our walking goal we get to have a Disneyland party. We make different things like hats and flower pots. We have movies if you want to go to them. We also have Mormon church on Sunday's, Monday and Wednesday night. Also they have Catholic services and services for other denominations. Everyone is very friendly. We often have real good times outside. We eat outside when it's warm. Every year we have a car show which is coming up real soon.

Home

As a service professional, I was greatly impressed with the level of care and concern that Golden Living has for their facility and their residences. They have a continual stream of great activities with community involvement to compliment a very warm atmosphere with extremely caring professionals. This is home.

I'm Happy at Golden Living

I'm a resident of Golden Living and I am very happy. I don't have to do any chores or cook any meals. All I have to do is make my bed in the morning. I'm free to do whatever I want the rest of the day. We have games and bands that come to play for us. They take us on trips. Today they went to see the dinosaurs in Ogden. They also have started a walking class. There is a first, second and third class and if we make our walking goal we get to have a Disneyland Party at Golden Living. We make different things like hats and flower pots. We have movies if you want to go to them. We also have Mormon church on Sunday's, Monday and Wednesday night. Also they have Catholic services and services for other denominations. Everyone is very friendly. We often have real good times outside. We eat outside when it's warm. Every year we have a car show which is coming up real soon.

They called and left a voicemail that they were not a good fit for dementia patients and referred me to their sister facility Canyon Creek Assisted Living.

Very friendly and compassionate staff

I think they do an excellent job at Golden Living Taylorsville. Shauna, the person who helped us set everything up here, was wonderful. She was so helpful throughout the whole process. I really felt like I made a friend, and I know I can trust her with any future needs!

Good fit

My friend just moved into Golden Living and so far she loves it. The staff is friendly and attentive to her needs. She told me the food isn't the greatest but it's warm and she didn't have to cook it. She really enjoys the activities and all the other residents are what makes it a great place to live.

Lots of activities

They have a lot of activities – so that would be a five.. There is enough parking. The food is fair – so if I could rate that I’d give about a three. It’s a clean community and I thought the staff was very friendly.

good community

I think they’re very clean and friendly. I haven’t had any concerns with laundry or parking. Over all it’s a really good community and it may be a community that would be a good fit for your loved one.

Golden Living Taylorsville Utah - Thank You!

Golden Living Taylorsville has exceeded our ecpectations ten times over. The management and staff are outstanding. Mom adjusted immediately to her new surroundings because of their care. Our family cannot thank them enough for everything they have done to make this transition for Mom and our family so successfully.

Outstanding care!

What really stands out to me is how incredibly friendly and caring they are here, not only with Mom, but with the rest of our family as well. The staff do a great job, and keep the place amazingly clean. This was the first place I saw when I started my search, and I didn't feel the need to look any further, I really fell in love with the place after seeing it once!

Liked the grounds. Didn't l...

Liked the grounds. Didn't like the rooms except the more expensive one. Would like to see her here, but again cost.

Golden Living is a well established retirement community with beautiful grounds, in a lovely neighborhood. Our mission is to provide a comfortable home for people while creating a safe, supportive environment.

Golden Living is licensed as an Assisted Living Type I community. Our staff is available for serving 24-hours per day. We provide a variety of services by staff who are well trained and caring.

Golden Living has a variety of options for accommodations ranging from shared to one bedroom suites. We welcome tours at any time and people are always welcome to join us for a meal. We look forward to meeting you.