Sagewood at Daybreak - South Jordan, UT

Ask Questions!

No alarms on doors in the Alzheimers Unit. This is a serious problem, given the lax monitoring in the halls at night. Or overworked, very young aides. Let's give them that. But a very serious attack happened in the evening (not late) hours, resulting in our mother being thrown out, bag and baggage at 10 pm. We had to scramble to find a bed for her THAT NIGHT. She was there for her own and others' protection, which didn't happen. Door alarms, people. And someone monitoring the hall at all times.

Smoke and Mirrors

Please don't be fooled by the fancy building, the "amenities" and the food. What really matters is the care your loved one receives and the communication you have with the administration. Sagewood fails on both accounts. They do a great job in selling their facility but the place is so big you do not ever see staff with the residents hands on. The staff promises you that they will have your loved one participate in activities and that they will get them to the activities but really if your loved one is in assisted living, it won't happen. It was a rarity that someone came and invited my mom to an activity. Most of the activities that my mom participated in, I took her to the activity. I moved my mom out in three months. I was constantly telling the staff that she was out of toilet paper, that she needed assistance with dressing and making sure she was wearing a Depends.

I would leave message for the staff about her care and her medications and not get a phone call back for days. A urinary tract infection went diagnosed for weeks.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of selecting Sagewood for the extras that they have in the building but really the place is built and caters to the Independent Living community. If your loved one needs Assisted Living, do your research and pick a smaller facility. I moved my mom to another facility and it has been absolutely the best thing I did for her. She is engaged, participates in daily activities and the facility keeps and electronic record of what my mom does every day, including the meals she eats, her mood, any problems she is having that day and the activities that she does. I can call and get a reply that same day. The staff is great and they respond to my questions and concerns quickly.

This is a beautiful facility and everyone was friendly. It is for people who have money and want to live like royalty in independent living. There is a food allowance, but it is very expensive to eat there. You might be fearful of eating wondering if your allowance would last the month. I also had the feeling that management might suggest assisted living before other facilities did. This may be unfair, but I have visited this place twice in two years and the concern continues.

Don't move your loved one here if they need extra care

Don't move your parent here if you expect good care.
I was impressed when I visited Sagewood during my visit and decided to move my mother into their memory care unit. Unfortunately I found that the more care my mother needed the less care she received. I would visit her and find her with food spilled down her blouse and smelling of urine. I worked with the director of nursing and finally got the CNA's to make sure she showered. I visited her one evening to find that her bed was encrusted in dried excrement and urine. I got the aids to help change her sheets and I reported this to the director of nursing. The next week one of the aids told me that she found my mom asleep on the floor and was told by another aid to just leave her there because my mother liked sleeping on the floor. I was livid and I removed my mom and brought her home with me. My mom passed away 5 days later. In those 5 days I found that Sagewood wasn't giving her the medicines that hospice had prescribed. Also even though the Norovirus was going through the facility and had hit my mom with the diarrhea the aids continued to give her stool softeners. I was aghast and had a niece stay with my mom until I could get the hospital bed set up in my home. It breaks my heart to think that the last few months of my mom's life was filled with this [removed]. So as long as your loved one doesn't need much care they are fine but don't expect them to give adequate care if your loved one needs more attention and help.

Staff really cares and the facility feels homey

This facility has been wonderful so far. It’s refreshing to see staff members who genuinely care about the residents. I really like that you actually see the administration out and about interacting with residents too. The facility itself is very clean and it feels comfortable. They do offer activities like physical therapy, a pool to swim in, a library, and exercise classes. The food here is not totally home cooked but it seems just fine to me. I would recommend the community to other families.

I was really impressed with the feel of the center - very open and warmly inviting. They had a lot of options and felt like they listen to our needs and showed us the best fit. There are alot of things there to keep their residents happy. Looking forward to taking my mom there for a visit as well.

Memory Care Unit Felt A Little Institutionalized

The community was a whole was very nice. It was very bright and cheerful however the memory care side felt a little too institutionalized. They had vinyl flooring and the floor plan was in a circle. The community as a whole was quite large and I was told that if I wanted him to have more activities and he was able to do them he could go to the assisted living side but I thought that might be a little too much for him and he would get more confused. The price was the same as other communities we looked at.

I met with [Removed]a today at Sagewood. WOW - WOW! What a beautiful place.set up fee is 2500 but will give 1000 credit of 2nd month. This helps pay for moving mom into their place but the studio rooms are furnished and moving moms clothing and personal items really do not cost that much. Meet with the activity director - great person - very engaged with residents during the activity I viewed, baking cookies while I was there. sun room and a very nice large courtyard. When asked she even offered to see if she could lower the fee but one big NO - they do not take Medicaid.

Did Not Tour Just Spoke On The Phone

I called and spoke to the salesperson on the phone at this community. From the information, I had seen they offered both assisted living and memory care which was important that was what I was looking for. The prices were more than what my mom wanted to spend so there was no sense of taking a tour.

Care and comfort for mom and dad

We like the care that was offered for the time we were in this community. The staff were friendly and tried to do everything that they could. They community was clean and maintained. The menu was appealing and they did enjoy participating in the activities and the trips away from the community. This location was close to home. We would recommend this community for the great care and value that is received.

Offers More Levels Of Care

We really liked this community when we toured it. It was a little larger of a community than others that we looked at but that would be due to they offer different levels of care from independent living to memory care. The community itself is newer than most it is modern and up to date. The staff was very informative and friendly very professional. The location was not ideal for us

[Removed], We did the tour today the 8th. I made a mistake on the date. Sagewood is like experiencing a 5 star hotel or vacation resort. With all the amenities one could desire. Everyone from [Removed] and all the staff were there to welcome us. They took time answering all questions and concerns. We loved the openness of the building, the comfortable rooms plus the beautiful court yards. The staff were always smiling and we observed how caring they interacted with the residents. The food was delicious with so many menu items to choose from. Yes, like I said it was like a 5 star resort.

Care and staff

The care at this community I have concerns. This is a nice community and they do need more staff to be able to have all the residents. They need some improvements on getting back to the family members. The staff are not able to attend to the residents when they are needed and using the call button is not helpful. The staff offers a lot of nice activities for the residents and she is happy using the pool. Families might want to make sure that this is what they are needed for the care of a loved one.

Staff go above and beyond the call of duty!

The facility is just great! It is very well maintained and the staff is doing more than enough to cater to my needs and requests. The meals are also quite good. We looked at several different facilities, but this seemed to be the best out there!

Brand new!

I really liked Sagewood because it is brand new and the bathrooms are large. I also liked that they had a washer and dryer in the unit. The lady that took us around was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was a good experience but my mother chose another facility for her preference.

Wonderful Care

I like the care of this community for my mom. This is a new community and very nice. The menu is really nice and very appealing with everything. They offered activities for her to participate. This was a great community with excelldnt care. I highly recommend this community for the value of the excellent care that we received.

I toured Sagewood last night. [Removed] was kind enough to stay late to give me a tour after I got off of work. She spend 2 1/2 hours with me showing me the amenities and really caring that my mother got the care and social associations that she needs. I was so impressed with the community in the memory care area and the community as a whole. It is beautiful, full of light and doesn't feel like the residents are locked in. This is my first choice for my mom if we can get all the details worked out. This place seems amazing and that they care about my mom's specific needs.

I love my new community!

My wife and I have recently made the move into this community and we have been pleased with how things are going for us so far. They have wonderful meals and we both enjoy participating in the activities they have going on throughout the week. The residents and staff have been welcoming and accommodating which has been a huge help. Overall we have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place.

A lot of great Amenities!

I would recommend Sagewood at Daybreak with no hesitation. They have been great to my mother they treat her like a queen. She is still adjusting to all of the changes but they are very welcoming and hopefully, she will start to like it more soon.

Expensive!!

We toured the Sagewood at Daybreak when we were looking for respite care for my mother in law. The place was nice, but it was not easy to get into. Also, it was twice the price as the other place I was looking at.

My Other Option

It is a very nice community. They have 3 cafeterias and a pool. It seems wide open and clean. I met with a woman and she was great to speak with. They also allow dogs here. After touring I thought this was more than she needs and the pricing was not in the budget.

Good But Not For Us

The tour was good at this community. They have high quality care and it would have been fine. The guide was knowledgeable. I was impressed with the community and it was clean and nicely decorated. It seemed like a caring place but not the right fit for our needs.

Mom is happy here.

This is a nice community and my mom seems happy here.They had a nice variety when it comes to the food that is served. The staff is very nice and helpful with everything needed. It is a clean community inside and out. I would recommend this for good care for a loved one.

A Good Variety OF Activities Offered

It has been an awesome experience for my uncle here at this community. The community looks great, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. They have a good staff here, they have been helpful and responsive to my concerns. There are many activities offered for him to participate in. The meals are very nice, but is a bit expensive to eat a meals with him. Overall I know he is safe and being cared for well. I would highly recommend this community.

This is where I would live in SLC. It is beautiful and new with plenty of staff and good food.

Always Making Dad Feel Included

My dad is currently at this community and so far he has told he is happy. The community is clean and up kept well. I like the new staff that have become acquainted on how to help a blind resident, they always include my dad in activities.Dad is happy with all the meals served to him, he says it is good. I would recommend this community and A Place For Mom for those needing a good, helping hand.

Sagewood Assisted Living

Exercises and activities that my Mom and Dad can actually DO. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The facility is new and has lots of open spaces. The food is pretty good and there is a nice variety.

Awesome Facility and People

Feels like a new beginning. Exciting and beautiful. Professional and caring staff and other residents, who live there too. Love it here. It's awesome.