Terrible

Terrible -- first day my dad fell out of bed twice, had to go to hospital twice. Just dropped off food, never hacking if he ate, even though it was noted that he had appetite issues. Had to move him out and back to hospital.

wish they had a no star rating

Untreated C-Diff, UTI, got bleeding rash, no pain management

I understand now why Laurelton is rated only one star by Medicare as opposed to most in the area that are rated five stars. After one day I was trying desperately to get her out of there and it only got worse after day one. Nurse was giving injections without swabbing/cleaning area first or afterwards and she was bleeding all over her clothes each time. Day two she started getting very painful stomach pains with watery stool. They did not manage her pain so she was in constant terrible pain. They did not test the stool for two days despite saying they would. She got a terrible bleeding rash on third day that was not treated until I asked for something, which even then was not administered properly or at all. Finally I was able to get her back to hospital. She came to hospital dehydrated, with untreated UTI (which apparently they had found but didn't treat her) and the infection C-Diff which is very contagious and a terrible intestinal infection. The nurses also would lie to me saying she didn't have watery stool and that she ate when the CNAs would contradict and tell me differently. They apparently also never told the hospital Administrator anything as anything I would tell her she would ask for a lot of details and names of nurses etc. I think they are protecting their jobs. Also, there was little to no outside activity with patients so they lingered in their rooms throughout the day, unless they had a problem with them and then they would sit them by their desk to watch them. One day a patient was yelling for help for several minutes and I finally got up when the yelling didn't stop. When I got in the room the patient said the other patient couldn't breathe and I could hear her wheezing. I asked someone to get the nurse and finally she came up the hallway mumbling that the patient isn't ready for her breathing treatment for an hour. Really!! What good is it if she's dead by then. Same bad nurse as indicated earlier. If you care about your relative - do not admit them there. It is very hard to move once they are admitted. It took a lot of calls to her oncologist and surgeon and I had to pay over 400 for the ambulance.

Unfortunately I placed my loved one h...

Unfortunately I placed my loved one here because of a past experience. Obviously, things have changed drastically. Her care was Not what I would consider "care". Her clothes were swithced. Food was not hot. Aides did not respond to the call bell for as long as 20 minutes(I know this for a fact). Administration people are fine. Therapy people are fine. It is not a welcoming place after you pass the lobby. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the bathroom or the halls.