Hampton Ridge Healthcare & Rehabilitation - Toms River, NJ

Hampton Ridge Healthcare & Rehabilitation - Toms River, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Nurse Practitioners
  • Respiratory Therapist
  • IV/Infusion Therapies
  • Massage Therapy
  • Transportation at Cost

My mom was there on smart unit and got an infection whole staying there? It took a week to put her on an antibiotic! Her knee was swollen and they still made her do physical therapy! They hardly have any Registered Nurses,and the food was not that good at all! Never again !

was going to place my Dad is this facility on the dementia unit we had a good experience there before then they insisted we pay double by having a private sitter for him based on a 10 minute evaluation
They claim the have dementia expertise but but only want to take easy patients

Worst rehab to go to.

Both my wife and myself were sent there from Community Hospital at same time for rehab. I found they treat you like all the other residents. They wake you up early,feed you breakfast,and put you in a wheelchair the rest of the day. You would be taken for therapy for one hour in the morning,and rest of day,you were on your own.It was very hard to get help when you needed it. In many cases,it took about 45 minutes after you called for assistance. While there, my diabetes was not monitored correctly,and I was rushed to hospital with diabetic shock and almost lost my life. While in the hospital, I learned that my wife had passed away. We were two people who had gone there to be rehabilited, so that we could go home after a brief stay. Instead,both our conditions deteriated. The night staff is non-existent at times,and do not like to answer call button. One of the aides,in particular, used to get mad, and push me around, in bed.when I had an accident. I will never return there,I would rather die first. The aides are very nasty,and you hardly see the RNs. I lost my wife because of them.

Mom is Doing Active Things

My mom is doing fine in the care of the community, she has adjusted well. There were some issue in the beginning they needed to attend to and they were very responsive to make a change. Mom is kept active not like at her other place where she was in her room along. She has not lost weight but she is eating the meals it is more like hospital food.

Great therapy care.

This was a great place for my mom. The staff was nice and very caring while my mom went thru therapy here. It is very clean and well taken care of. The meals that they provided were good and appealing. They did have activities that were offered to those who wanted to participate. I would recommend this for nice care and a good value.

At first the staff was very friendly but right away we noticed a disconnect in communication with the different departments related to our loved one's care. The dietitian's recommendations were not followed by the kitchen staff and the family's communications on behalf of their loved one were often misunderstood and miscommunicated. There was lack of communication between the residents Unit Manager and the Physical Therapy department. Once an issue arose everything seemed to turn sour for the resident and we had to seek other residence. The general areas were usually clean however the residents room and bathroom were often in need of attention. We would not recommend this facility.

They are not very responsive and attentive, at all.

Really I would give them a zero. When we were looking for assistance to the bathroom, and to get out of bed. I got her out of the wheelchair, and the buzzers went off, for 20 minutes, and no one ever came! They are not very responsive and attentive, at all.

SMART Rehab Unit The Center For Pulmonary Excellence Secured Alzheimer's/ Dementia Unit
Our aim is to provide an outstanding environment for recuperation and rehabilitation by introducing sweeping improvements in quality nursing care, rehabilitative therapy, staffing ratios, and proactive management. You will find a completely new recreational program, enhanced menu selections, and upgraded amenities. Making Hampton Ridge a truly first class facility.
Newly renovated completion 2016