We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
About CareOne at Wall Nursing & Rehab - Wall Township, NJ
Our beautiful campus includes elegant amenities, hotel-style décor and comfortable rooms. Fine dining, spacious lounges, vibrant activities and a caring, compassionate staff further enhance the patient experience.CareOne at Wall offers customized care plans to ensure the health, well-being and dignity of each patient. The post-hospitalization program at CareOne is intended to assist each patient in regaining their strength and independence.
If Wall Township is not familiar, perhaps the towns that surround it are more recognizable: Belmar, Manasquan, Spring Lake, Ocean Beach, and Brielle. Once a part of Wall Township, each of these areas voted to become their own towns over a period spanning from the 1880s through the 1920s.
These Jersey Shore towns, renowned as summer resort areas, give family members and friends who visit residents of Care One at Wall Nursing and Rehab places to stay and ways to treat their loved ones to a day on the shore.
The median age of this Monmouth County township of 26,164 people, as of the last census, was 45.9 years old. Although the area is a summer Mecca for young singles and families looking to enjoy "the Shore," a rising number of people are choosing to retire here. In addition to the beach atmosphere, there a number of other benefits.
- Senior Housing: There are three 55-and-over townhouse and condo developments in Wall Township. In addition, eight senior communities offer assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing in Wall Township and the neighboring towns of Ocean Grove and Brick Township.
- Veterans Benefits: Veterans have a special place in Wall Township's heart, with nearby Fort Monmouth (an old army outpost up the road) being a major part of its history. The town has even decided to exempt veterans from a number of its municipal fees, such as those charged for dog licenses, building permits, and recreation department activities. In addition, a substantial number of businesses, including Burger King, Payless Shoes, Budget Car Rental, and Super Foodtown, give veterans and their families discounts. There is also a veterans center in Lakewood where veterans can go for counseling.
- Weather: Snowbirds may flock to Florida, but those who choose to stay year-round in Wall Township can expect typical East Coast weather with temperatures occasionally straying into the 90-degree range in July and August and rarely dipping below 10 degrees in the winter. As for precipitation, annual rainfall amounts to 47 inches versus the national average of 39 inches. Snowfall can amount to 26 inches (which is the national average). However, Wall Township gets an average of 209 sunny days a year.
Visitors to Wall Township would do best to drive there, but that's not to say that the area is not well-served by public transportation.
- Cars: New Jersey residents are known to identify themselves by the nearest Garden State Parkway exit for their town. The GSP travels north to south through the state, and the exit for Wall Township is exit 98. The major thoroughfares that run through the township are Interstate 195 and Routes 70, 34, and 35.
- Trains: New Jersey transit has a station at Belmar where regularly scheduled trains travel routes to New York, Newark, Hoboken, and other shore towns.
- Airports: Newark Liberty International Airport, Philadelphia International, Airport, and Atlantic City International Airport.
Health and Safety
Wall Township is well-served in terms of healthcare, with a number of hospitals and medical centers located in the surrounding towns.
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune.
- Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.
- Ocean Medical Center in Bricktown.
- Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank.
In terms of safety, Wall Township is a mixed bag. Statistics show that violent crimes have decreased since 2012 and are expected to follow a downward trend. However, property crimes have increased.
Sports and Leisure
In addition to the various beaches in the area located in Manasquan, Belmar, Point Pleasant, and Asbury Park, Wall Township offers other outdoor activities.
- Camping, Hiking, and Fishing: Allaire State Park.
- Golfing: Bel-Aire Golf Course.
- Baseball and Softball: Brice Park.
- Tennis: 18 courts in the area, the nearest of which are in Orchard Park and at Wall High School.
Shopping and Entertainment
The best places to visit for shopping and entertainment are on the boardwalks at Point Pleasant and Asbury Park.
Catholic and Protestant churches as well as synagogues and mosques can be found in nearby towns. The following denominations are served within the township:
- St Michael's Episcopal Church
- Glendola Bible Church
- Full Gospel Church