CareOne at Wall Nursing & Rehab - Wall Township, NJ

They did a very good job. The therapy was good and it is helping her. She loved the food.

They were very good. I really liked the staff; everyone had such a positive attitude. The food was very good. He liked that they offered an alternative menu.

The therapy has made her stronger. They have an exceptional nursing staff. They are excellent. They also have a great set of aides

They were very good. He has been there three times before and he is very satisfied. That is why he keeps coming back!

It was wonderful; I would recommend CareOne at Wall to a friend. The staff was just wonderful. It was pretty clean.

She was happy. When care was able to take her on her second rehab visit. I think the care is really good. They were very good, any questions I had they were able to answer.
I thought the nursing staff was great and they were well educated. Everyone was very friendly. Even the kitchen staff would greet you. It’s a very lovely community.

She is very pleased with it. She said she will go back to CareOne at Wall if she is looking the future. They were great and very friendly.

It was nice and bright! He liked it and he even liked the food.

I would recommend CareOne at Wall to a loved one. They took care of me.

They were very good to him. He had very good care and I wish he was still there.

It's very clean! I had dinner with him there and it was really good.

The therapy has really helped.

I would recommend CareOne at Wall to a friend.

Communication from the social worker and management could be improved. His discharge took a lot of discussion and it was very difficult.

I miss my friends at CareOne. Everyone was good to me. Everything was taken care of very well.

She wasn't able to walk with a walker before admission and now she can.

I would recommend CareOne at Wall to a friend.

The staff is accommodating. I would recommend them and they take of me. I wasn't able to do things on my own and now I can do things with minimal assistance.

The staff was wonderful and they really took great care of her.

The set up was not the best. The place was beautiful and very clean.

I was really unhappy with CareOne because I didn't really like the way they cared for the place.

I feel that this community is short staffed.

The rehab staff was friendly. It was nice looking but we had a difficult time getting help.

MY UNCLE

Stay far far away,
My Uncle was here for 3 weeks in December 2016
They charged us 12k a month.
They also advised us to get a one on one for and additional $400 per day.
A Joke all they did was play on cell phones and [removed] our money.....
We did as they recommended, lets see he fell out of the bed under 24 hour one on one care, was left in a dirty diaper for 10 hours plus daily, not cleaned daily, left in dirty clothes for 4 days at a time, found blood stains on his sheets several times. [removed] due to IV.
You would think for that amount of money he would be treated great.
He was treated like a piece of trash.
He passed away there, wife was called 35 minutes after he was given morphine for the first time.
[removed]
All this place wants is money people are just another piece of meat.

More to come.
I will expose them to the media...

[removed]

Do not use

Do not pick this place. They take horrible care of your loved ones. The therapy is good but general care is horrible.

Bad experience

Please don't bring your very ill family members here. [removed] If your family member just needs physical therapy, I'm sure this is a fine place. Just make sure the person they have them sharing a bathroom with has a clean bill of health. Do not go there if your family member is in need of greater medical attention. They were understaffed and unresponsive to needs. There are a few good nurses there, but they are not on duty all the time of course.

Caring compassionate staff and outstanding rehab

Placed my mother in this rehab facility after hospitalization at centra state hospital. The staff was absolutely wonderful and attentive to all my mothers needs. The rehab team was outstanding they got her back to her home independently when we were unsure if she would ever get strong enough to live alone. Thank you so much to the entire care one team--highly recommend.

Horrible Experience at Care One @ Wall

Comments about my stay at Care One at Wall. today is Saturday May 21, 2016

I came to Care One on Thursday April 21 from my recent hip surgery. I last stayed at Care One 6 years prior so I can compare the quality of my 2 stays.

This experience rates very low regarding the poor quality of food and attitude of the nursing staff regarding patients ability to sleep.

I specifically told the director of food that I do not eat Ham or other pork products, yet for my first breakfast there was a slab of ham on my plate. /the quality of food is poor, no fresh fruit until I made numerous complaints.

Around 5 AM and from 9 PM the nursing staff made so much noise I had severe trouble sleeping. One morning an aid emptied my urine , taken from my bed yet never returned it to me. How was i going to urinate, I could not walk to the bathroom

I complained about things like this continually till I left on Wednesday the 28th. This experience was the opposite of that 6 years earlier

i do not recommend this facility to anyone.

Abused and neglected.. Very bad place.

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!!! DONT GO NEAR CARE 1 IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. My father was just taken out of there in grave condition by ambulance. We called 911. Now my father is fighting for his life. It looks nice when you walk In and it's busy during the day but when night time comes BEWARE! My father was a [removed] and [removed] there. Many complaints have gone out to everyone and all they did was pass the buck. VP is going to do an investigation. I'm reporting them to the state and I'm getting a lawyer. Please don't go there it's so bad.

Highly Recommended

I brought my grandfather to care one in wall and it was such a great experience! My grandfather was anxious to be in a rehab facility at first but the nurses and staff made him feel at home and comfortable. The therapist were wonderful and got my grandpa back on his feet! I would recommend this facility to everyone!

Terrible Expirience

Worst care facility ever. I have been through hell and back with my grandmother because of this place. My grandma originally had open heart surgery and slipped into a coma for a month. She was unable
To speak because she had a tube in her throat. Everything was looking up until she went to care one. SOMEHOW she fell while in therapy and broke her hip. No one knows what happened of course and no one will take responsibility of course. There is 2 physical therapist in the same room with 20 patients at a time. How does the patient have the constant attention of the therapist if they are working with that many people at a time? Anyway, this place has left my grandmother disabled with 24/7 live in care for the rest of her life and these people do not care at all. [removed] Take my word for it, save your loved ones and don't send them here.

The most horrible experience of my life

My mother stayed at Care-One for one month under hospice care. The staff was so inattentive that I had to hire additional care givers to come in to take care of her because I could not rely on the staff at Care-One. Often times I would walk in to find the phone out of reach and the call button on the floor. The staff rarely, if ever, tried to engage my mother in conversation or even refer to her by name. The water my mother was given was from the tap. Her dietary requests were rarely met and even when they were the food was inedible. While all of this is horrible, it pales in comparison to the lack of air conditioning on the second floor. In the summer months the air conditioning is non existent. Three days before my mother passed away the temperature in her room was 85 degrees. [removed] Care-One made what was the most difficult time in my life and my mother's life even worse. If I felt my mother could have been successfully moved, I would have moved her to another facility within the first week. [removed]

Please be warned! Care One is a dangerous place. The nurses are underexperienced. They did not keep good records and they absolutely did not give good care. Do not leave your loved ones in Care One!

Staff friendliness nurses are great!...

Staff friendliness nurses are great!

Front desk and operators are not so friendly they always sound annoyed!

If they dont like people why are they there?

Our beautiful campus includes elegant amenities, hotel-style décor and comfortable rooms. Fine dining, spacious lounges, vibrant activities and a caring, compassionate staff further enhance the patient experience.CareOne at Wall offers customized care plans to ensure the health, well-being and dignity of each patient. The post-hospitalization program at CareOne is intended to assist each patient in regaining their strength and independence.

If Wall Township is not familiar, perhaps the towns that surround it are more recognizable: Belmar, Manasquan, Spring Lake, Ocean Beach, and Brielle. Once a part of Wall Township, each of these areas voted to become their own towns over a period spanning from the 1880s through the 1920s.

These Jersey Shore towns, renowned as summer resort areas, give family members and friends who visit residents of Care One at Wall Nursing and Rehab places to stay and ways to treat their loved ones to a day on the shore.

City Info

The median age of this Monmouth County township of 26,164 people, as of the last census, was 45.9 years old. Although the area is a summer Mecca for young singles and families looking to enjoy "the Shore," a rising number of people are choosing to retire here. In addition to the beach atmosphere, there a number of other benefits.

- Senior Housing: There are three 55-and-over townhouse and condo developments in Wall Township. In addition, eight senior communities offer assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing in Wall Township and the neighboring towns of Ocean Grove and Brick Township.

- Veterans Benefits: Veterans have a special place in Wall Township's heart, with nearby Fort Monmouth (an old army outpost up the road) being a major part of its history. The town has even decided to exempt veterans from a number of its municipal fees, such as those charged for dog licenses, building permits, and recreation department activities. In addition, a substantial number of businesses, including Burger King, Payless Shoes, Budget Car Rental, and Super Foodtown, give veterans and their families discounts. There is also a veterans center in Lakewood where veterans can go for counseling.

- Weather: Snowbirds may flock to Florida, but those who choose to stay year-round in Wall Township can expect typical East Coast weather with temperatures occasionally straying into the 90-degree range in July and August and rarely dipping below 10 degrees in the winter. As for precipitation, annual rainfall amounts to 47 inches versus the national average of 39 inches. Snowfall can amount to 26 inches (which is the national average). However, Wall Township gets an average of 209 sunny days a year.

Transportation

Visitors to Wall Township would do best to drive there, but that's not to say that the area is not well-served by public transportation.

- Cars: New Jersey residents are known to identify themselves by the nearest Garden State Parkway exit for their town. The GSP travels north to south through the state, and the exit for Wall Township is exit 98. The major thoroughfares that run through the township are Interstate 195 and Routes 70, 34, and 35.

- Trains: New Jersey transit has a station at Belmar where regularly scheduled trains travel routes to New York, Newark, Hoboken, and other shore towns.

- Airports: Newark Liberty International Airport, Philadelphia International, Airport, and Atlantic City International Airport.

Health and Safety

Wall Township is well-served in terms of healthcare, with a number of hospitals and medical centers located in the surrounding towns.

- Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune.
- Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.
- Ocean Medical Center in Bricktown.
- Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank.

In terms of safety, Wall Township is a mixed bag. Statistics show that violent crimes have decreased since 2012 and are expected to follow a downward trend. However, property crimes have increased.

Sports and Leisure

In addition to the various beaches in the area located in Manasquan, Belmar, Point Pleasant, and Asbury Park, Wall Township offers other outdoor activities.

- Camping, Hiking, and Fishing: Allaire State Park.
- Golfing: Bel-Aire Golf Course.
- Baseball and Softball: Brice Park.
- Tennis: 18 courts in the area, the nearest of which are in Orchard Park and at Wall High School.

Shopping and Entertainment

The best places to visit for shopping and entertainment are on the boardwalks at Point Pleasant and Asbury Park.

Religious Facilities

Catholic and Protestant churches as well as synagogues and mosques can be found in nearby towns. The following denominations are served within the township:
- St Michael's Episcopal Church