Lakeside Park, a 56 unit Alzheimer's Community located near Lake Merrit in Oakland, is dedicated to helping people with cognitive impairment live with dignity, a sense of purpose and meaning. Staff will support each resident's independence in matters of choice, recognizing and respecting his or her individuality. We honor and respect our resident's families by understanding how the disease touches their lives. Separate neighborhoods offering private rooms for 6-7 residents provide a quiet, serene atmosphere, along with the choice to engage in activities outside of the neighborhood.

doing a wonderful thing here

Lakeside Park is really good. I am really happy with the facility. I have no complaints. The experience has been really well. They are doing a wonderful thing here. I am very pleased with everything.

Approximately one year ago, I moved my mother from a Southern California assisted living facility. She has moderate dementia and after evaluating 2-3 facilities with specialized memory care, I selected Lakeside Park.

Lakeside Park has provided excellent care of my mother. It is not an easy task to look after a family member with cognitive impairment, much a group of several individuals. My mother's condition not only stabilized, but I feel her cognition had slightly improved. All of the staff members, including the front desk receptionists, housekeeping personnel, caregivers and management, were genuinely concerned with the welfare of the residents and responsive to my concerns. I visited my mother frequently during the week and on weekends, and not once did any of the caregivers (known as "care partners") demonstrate frustration, impatience or anger with any of the residents. Lakeside offered a good variety of activities for residents, as well as excellent lectures and support for family members. The chef is outstanding and prepared excellent tasting and nutritious meals.

Lakeside Park has contracted with an excellent and dedicated physician who provides medical consultation for the facility. However, there is a lack of onsite licensed nursing care which may impact on administration of certain medications and I would recommend family members discuss their specific situation with Lakeside Park.

After much consideration and some sadness, I decided to relocate my mother to another facility in closer proximity to my home to live out her remaining years. I hope that the new facility will be as good as Lakeside Park and will miss the people there.

Lakeside Park, Exemplary Memory Care Community

Lakeside Park was at the top of our list after visiting several other memory care communities in the East Bay. We had to make the choice sooner than anticipated when Mom had a medical emergency and had to be moved from the hospital to a community. Fortunately, LSP had a vacancy; they and the hospital facilitated the paperwork and the move to a shared room, even loaning us furniture until we could purchase some. LSP impressed us because of the cleanliness of the facility--bottom to top, the genuine care and passion demonstrated by the staff toward the residents, the broad array of programs to keep the residents mentally and physically stimulated, and, last but not least, the fine dining, home-style experience.
Mom is acclimating well, making new friends, participating in activities and basking in the attention.
We always feel welcome and are so grateful that our loved one is receiving 24/7 skilled care from professionals who are called to do this very special work.

Memory Focused

That one probably would have been our second choice. It was very consistent and very memory focused. Their suites aren't as private as I would like the to be for mom's current condition but they were very clean.

Mom is happy at AgeSong. it is a grea...

Mom is happy at AgeSong. it is a great place for people suffering from dementia or Alzhiemers.