Lakeshore Residential Care - Oakland, CA

Lakeshore Residential Care is located in the City of Oakland in the Lake Merritt commercial district, only a few blocks from the unique Lake Merritt and the shopping center, medical facilities, Physician facilities, banks, senior centers, churches, parks and Parkway Theater are close by, there are many forms of transportation available including BART and excellent bus and taxi services.
We offer 24/7 personalized care, ambulatory/non ambulatory with Alzheimer's, Dementia and Hospice care. Lakeshore Residential Care, 38 bed capacity offers round the clock care and supervision for seniors in a beautiful home like environment. Our spacious, well maintained single story facility is easily accessible from anywhere in San Francisco Bay.

Our licensed staff and care givers take great care to ensure that residents feel comfortable and secure in their surroundings. Our commercial kitchen staff are trained to meet the residents nutritional needs, our facility is fully equipped with individual air conditioned units in each room and in the entire facility. Emergency power generator to meet any emergency electrical power needs. Our facility specializes in caring for the more fragile elderly, who require assistance in facing day to day challenges.

I had no call back or response from this facility after calling for two weeks consecutively for information and contact for a friend as a prospective client admission. This non-existent customer service seems unprofessional, to say the least, and did not bode well for anyone dealing with this facility, which claims to specialize in caring for the elderly.

Great facility at a great value

Lakeshore Residential Care in Oakland has made a huge, positive change in the life of a friend. The facility is clean, I smell delicious food cooking when I visit. The staff is always busy cleaning and caring for residents. The owners are kind and responsive, very understanding.

Room to walk around and lots of people to socialize with, guests feel welcome

I really like the way they give her her freedom. They get her up at a certain time, and she's able to walk around in the hallways; at home, she couldn't do that.

That was the only place in the bay area that this lady could afford to be in, I'm going to put the value as excellent for cost.

When I call there, they answer my questions. They get her on the telephone. When I visit her, they feed me too. Residents are allowed to have a guest for a meal.

My mother also loves the fact that the floor has 38 people on it, instead of 6 or 7, and there are plenty of people for her to socialize with. There is also a room where she can go to do puzzles and such. Room to walk around helped her feel a lot more independent.

I really, really, appreciate the follow-up care that Karen, at Place for Mom, did with me.

Dirty, dark and not a happy...

Dirty, dark and not a happy place

As a community provider, I referred a...

As a community provider, I referred a client to this facility and had an excellent experience working with the staff there to make sure the client was supported.

People are at a very high level of ca...

People are at a very high level of care and the units are rooms vs. studio apartments.