AgeSong Woodpark - Oakland, CA

A great tour!

The AgeSong Woodpark was a very nice community. The facility was clean and maintained well. The tour guide that took me around was friendly and knowledgeable. It was a good experience, but not the best for my loved one.

I was not impressed with this tour!!

I was not impressed at all with my tour of this community. When they took us through the common area it had a really bad overwhelming smell of smoke and I did not like that I was able to smell that in the building. All of the residents also looked poorly cared for. A good majority of them where still in there pajamas and did not look well cared for at all. I would not have put my father in a living environment like this one.

smelly and depressing

AgeSong is was not appealing to us!!

This looks like a more traditional community. It felt more like an institution and did not have a homey feel to it. This community was nice, however I think it was a little expensive for what they offered.

Don't place your loved one at Woodpark

Don't place your loved one at Woodpark. [removed] Complaining to the management and the director has no effect. If you do place someone there, be sure to visit often and inspect EVERYTHING, otherwise your relative could end up sleeping a a bare mattress (I have seen this) with no sheets or blankets and wearing clothing that is so big it is a health hazard (i.e. due to tripping over their own clothes).

really good

They have been really good at getting out there to the hospital and assessing my friend. Everything they did was just really awesome. They really understand how dementia works and try to live in the solution and not the problem. This facility in particular is really good. They have really good interns that are very helpful.