East Bay Assisted Living - Oakland, CA

East Bay Assisted Living - Oakland, CA has yet not published prices.

Wonderful staff

My mother and I were looking at several places and this facility has numerous key factors. The leader of the place is very organized, very professional, and she was leading a great staff. All the nurses and managers are happy, in good spirits, they have a good attitude, and you just get a good feeling being in this place. There are a lot of elderly people that move in and it can be a little depressing, but the staff team tries to keep everyone’s spirits up. They have quite the Chinese theme in the facility as well because my mother is Cantonese. She has been speaking English all her life, but because she has that background there is no language barrier because some of the staff speaks Chinese to her. Everyone understands her needs and they are very on top of everything with great attitude. The location is very convenient for my mother too. It is right off the highway near the senior center where she likes to dance. The staff is also very accommodating. I would call ahead of time and let them know that I am coming to visit then they would go to my mother to let her know in case she can’t reach me over the phone. All in all I am very impressed with this place; it can be a big change for people coming in. My mother has adjusted well, she’s meeting friends, and she is getting into a good routine. There is also that comfort factor for my mom too with her Chinese background. When she orders food they speak to her in Chinese and they have things like stir fry and other variety. But of course they have the basic food there as well.

Best fit so far, but distance from family is a concern. Will check with closer facilities first. Contact [Removed]