Merrill Gardens at Rockridge - Oakland, CA

Merrill Gardens at Rockridge - Oakland, CA has yet not published prices.

It was beautiful. I really liked the facility & I had an excellent tour guide.

The meals are great and the activities are fun

My husband and I are doing very fine here. A lot of what we’ve liked has been location and we’re closer to family here, which means we get to see them a lot. We’ve been very pleased with the meals because of their variety and it’s been served well. There are a core group of foods that are available and they have 3 new entrees, a new soup, and a different dessert every day. They aren’t mammoth portions but we don’t really need that anyway. We have 2 rooms with a full sized kitchen, a washer and dryer, and we’re quite comfortable with the space. We’re quite pleased with the whole arrangement. The staff is easy to communicate with and seem knowledgeable and we actually had a “town meeting” to go over fire drills and other information. The staff was very cooperative with showing us what we needed to do and they’ll take complaints to make sure everything is going okay. They have exercise every morning at 10 and another one usually in the afternoon that you can go to that has music. There’s a happy hour every Friday where they serve wine and there’s someone that comes in that will play the piano and have a sing-a-long with music that we all know. We have no complaints concerning the cleanliness and the housekeeper that was assigned to our floor has been very awesome. The thing I like the most is that she even changes the bed for me because I have trouble doing it myself. There are things they’re still working on but they’re still very new and they’re doing a good job. I would recommend them and even our kids talk about moving in.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We are happy to hear that you and your husband are enjoying Merrill Gardens.

Beautiful Views

Merrill Gardens at Rockridge was the best fit for our memory care needs. It is a beautiful and clean community. Our friend loves to eat and the food is very good here. They offer a wide variety of healthy choices, the meals are well balanced. There are plenty of activities for the residents that can and wish to participate. It is in an urban setting and they have a common patio area with a view of the bay. There is also a rooftop terrace with a garden and an amazing view for the residents to enjoy. I would recommend Merrill Gardens at Rockridge.

Lovely new apartments and definitely has the beat of the local Rockridge neighborhood. Also the community members appear to be varied and engaged. Definitely not the typical suburban, cookie-cutter senior facility. Was quite refreshing compared with so many of the other places we have seen. Also like the idea that all the units are independent living and the assisted care is added in, so assisted living residents are not separated from everyone else.

Constant and Outstanding Reviews about the food

This place was a win for my mom. She loves being here she is doing very well. The food is wonderful in fact that is one of the major reasons why I chose this place and the location as to where it is to my house. The community is brand new everything is clean and updated the staff is friendly and encouraging. The communication between myself and the staff is great. I honestly have no complaint and would highly recommend them.

A bit of a bumpy road.

For the most part, everything is going just fine! Our only issue is that, since it is a new facility, the staff are still in the process of finding ways to become more efficient, but this is to be expected. It's been a bit of a bumpy road so far, but the experience has been good.

Time Can Show More Improvement

They are a new community and they did not have a lot of things there. It was a rough start when they were opening during our first week of having my mom moved in. While my mom is getting adequate care, sometimes their staff are untrained and they are not coordinating together. I also see they don't have enough activities. Most of the staff are pretty good for the most part. The meals are so great, it is the best part.