Riva Ridge Memory Care Center - Leander, TX

Beware of owner

Weird owner and seems to have a revolving door of staff. Employees don't seem properly trained. Photos online are old and reviews are even older. Suspect this place us going downhill. Look elsewhere.

Weird manager's

The photos are of old staff that all quit or was fired. The newer staff all leaving cause of management being mean and treating people like they dont have any sense. Better to go to another place...

Perfect facility for may sister. Just what we are looking for as far as the facility goes. Location is a problem!!! Too hard for family members to get to to visit. Road would probably be impassable in after a severe storm. Have pendant that patient wears and can press for help, patient to care giver ratio lowest of all 1:4.

More for dementia care

This is a very beautiful facility. They are refurbishing one of the buildings currently. The only thing I did not like is as they are remodeling, the assisted living residents are mixed with the dementia care residents. Unfortunately, I did not go with facility because their prices are a lot higher than other facilities. Also, it is a smaller community with fewer people. I would recommend this facility if you are needing dementia care.

Kind Tour

We had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind, and helpful.

Great Place

The quality of the caregivers seemed great. The shared space was really small however, that may be good for some people who don't have a lot of company. Overall this was a great place.

Best care anywhere. Truly a second home

They treat my mother in law like she is one of their Grandparents. We never have to worry,and we are welcome any time day or night. It never smells like many we visited, and the rooms are decorated however the resident wants to decorate. They can make it their own

They have accommodating my father-in-law extremely well, letting him have his computer in his room and everything. Overall just very happy.

They are an amazing facility.

I didn't have any concerns with their care. They are an amazing facility. They did a wonderful job. They did everything they could to make my loved one's last days as comfortable as possible. I am very happy with the care that they showed.

Riva Ridge has a very loving, caring and competent staff. They are extremely patient with the residents. The facility was always clean and well kept. The manager kept me well informed about any changes in my mother's health.

The staff is fabulous.

I think the day to day staff is extremely friendly, they are happy to be there. They are very quick to respond to issues, the director is really good about that. Because of the type of facility it is, and the residents that they have, I think the activity level is appropriate. The residents are gotten up, and dressed, and treated a lot like how they would treat their own family. I see that the hospice people are more involved with the residents than the staff is. It's helpful to really understand what everything means, who does what, and who is in charge, what hospice is allowed to do, those kinds of things. The director is very hands on and involved. I liked the size of the community. The resident to staff ratio is really good. Mon-Fri, they have 2-3 people plus a full time cook, my concern is that they don't have enough people at night for my loved one. They encourage you to bring things from home that aren't breakable and really incorporate the things you are familiar with into the home.

A good place for Mom

We are pleased with every thing. The staff is always attentive and I just can't say enough about them. Always ready to listen to what you want done for your family member. We are there almost everyday. So much better than a nursing home with so much more attention. That is it. We love the place and are so lucky to have found it. The Paulsens

29 March 2013. A fine place...

29 March 2013. A fine place if my Dad was immobile or very limited mobility. I'm not sure I understand why the external doors were not locked as a resident could very easily get lost in the dense brush/cedar immediately surrounding this private home. A quiet place to die. Very high resident to staff ratio, no formal schedule of activities, limited quality interaction with residents. But staff appear to care about the residents and want to provide a peaceful experience. No on-site nurse, far from regional or full-service hospitals. I'm looking for more energy, activities, and programmed staff interaction throughout each day.

You are correct, we are not the right place for everyone. We tend to provide more personal care to those with limited abilities than those who are looking for large group activities. As we do not accept residents who wander, there is no need for a secure building. Our staff ratio is 1 staff member to every 6 residents, a good number I think. Our location is 7 miles from the nearest hospital, which we rarely use due to the population we serve. I hope you found the right place for your loved one. Thank you!

Good feel, good size, the Director wa...

Good feel, good size, the Director was informative and nice. Little bit of an odd location and driving distance could be an issue.

Imagine a home for your loved one where they are able to enjoy friendship, love, and acceptance. Where someone understands their exceptional needs and guides them through the day. Where caregivers are competent, nurturing, and attentive. A place where you can be sure they are safe, clean, and well-cared for. This home is House at Cedar Ridge Alzheimer’s Residence.

Located in Leander, Texas, House at Cedar Ridge is a state-licensed Type B Alzheimer’s Certified Assisted Living. Since March 2000, seniors with Alzheimer’s and other dementias have called it home. By providing person-centered care in a small family environment, we are able to make the most of each moment for our residents and meet their ever-changing needs.

We are equipped to care for no more than 12 residents. This small size allows us to adapt to each of our residents and provide them with a unique plan of care. Our family environment allows us to form relationships with our residents that are rarely seen in other care settings. We are also able to customize menus, activities, and even the décor to accommodate individual requirements and preferences.