Brookdale Round Rock - Austin, TX

Brookdale Round Rock - Austin, TX has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Round Rock - Austin, TX

STAY AWAY. FINANCIAL RIP OFF.

After being accepted into the community, with an initial payment of over $5000, my mother was moved out in the middle of the night for a non-emergancy concern to a hospital of their choosing, after only 5 days. She spent the next month at this facility as Brookdale would not allow her to return due to a non stageable minor sore on her skin. Brookdale stated that they were not able to maintain her with this concern.
She was abused at the hospital they sent her to and after a month we moved her out to another care home as Brookdale would not have her back. During her absence from Brookdale, she was re-evaluated several times(even though she was not present) and charges were added to her standard billing to the tune of $1600+ per month. We refused to pay any cost and Brookdale continued to charge us for services that could not have occured. Billing was sent to collections and we under disbelief, had to pay after threats of legal action. She was at the Brookdale facility for 5 days and we lost a total of approx. $14000.
This is an unethical and total criminal enterprise, in my opinion. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST.

Was Nice

This is a larger community that what we wanted for my dad. It was nice and clean the staff answered all of my questions. They just didn't meet my needs. It was a 2 story building with dining room upstairs. We needed a type B facility for my dad's age (99). It was a bit more expensive as well.

Mom feels comfortable here

The staff at this community are very good. They are quick to respond and very attentive. Mom really seems to enjoy living here. They offer a lot of activities and they keep the family informed of what activities are going on each week. The residents are welcoming and the apartments are nice. This is a smaller community and I would recommend it.

A tour

This community looked well taken care of when we toured it. The people we met were friendly and they seem to offer some nice amenities The apartments did not have a full kitchen and we were not sure our loved one would have liked that.

A good tour!

I toured many communities and one of them was Brookdale Round Rock. It was a good experience and everyone there was very friendly. The facility was clean and seemed to be maintained well. I did not notice anything negative.

Care for a loved one

This is a outstanind community with excellen care. The staff are friendly and we are please they are keeping us informed on his progress. The community is beautiful and very clean. The staff offer alot of great activites that he is involved with. We like knowing that he is in good care here and highly recommend the community for the care and the value to other families.

It Is A Suitable Community That Needs Some Improvements

I feel the staff could do better with their communication. The admission process, what they share for their service, and following through with their services provided. I have had a long conversation about the benefit she qualifies for from what I was told but the community, now we are being denied and going through an appeal process. They are providing services that is need but they didn't do the paperwork for insurance. The meals are good and the facility is kept clean.

Very disappointed in this place!!

When I had toured this community the building looked beautiful and all of the staff sounded very promising. That was not the case after I had moved my mother in. I am very disappointed with the quality of care she has been receiving and the lack of help that is available to her around the clock. The staff have no check in procedure which baffles me and it took almost three days for me to get an emergency call bracelet that all residents are supposed to have for my mother. They also never have nurses available, they are only there sometimes during the day in the week but never at night and weekends. I am also constantly looking for someone to help her which takes up to over an hour at times. I am looking to remove my mother from this facility as soon as possible.

Very Helpful Community

We are very pleased with this community, and they have done for us. My mother is doing well, and I'am satisfied with her move to this community. Everybody chips in around this community. Everyone is always willing to help with whatever you ask of them. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community, everything is very well-kept. There are many activities offered for the residents. She is very pleased with the meals, the food is very good. I would not hesitate to recommend this community, it is a very nice place.

Family care options

This is a nice community. The staff is great, but we needed more care then what they could give her. I did see the restaurant and it seems very nice and maintained. They did not have the memory care that we were needed This would not be our choice for memory care. This is a community where residents can take care of some of the needs on there own. We would suggest that families take a tour to see if this is what they are looking for.

Overall, we have been happy with the care my Mom has received at Brookdale. It did take some time for her rehab to get started because of some paperwork mishaps. The bill for her care was quite a bit higher than anticipated. Explanation of costs was not explained well in the interviews.

Nice Tour, But Not The One for My Mom

My tour of this community was a good one. The only problem my mother has with this community was the stairs. She wasn't very comfortable traveling up and down the stairs. It was a nice tour, every one was very kind and friendly. The staff I met was courteous and informative. This is a nice community, but not the one for my mother.

Review of Brookdale Round Rock - Austin, TX

Staff was very accommodating helpful. Liked the assisted living portion very much. Elevators in AL portion. AL offers reminders and prompting other services our mother may need in AL which can add up quickly as our loved ones disease progresses. Liked we would not need to put ID markings on laundry. Our loved one is in a gray area so not sure how long AL would work for our mother. AL apartments studios were nice wnice views from the back side of building. The memory care area seemed depressing but residents looked comfortable and at ease. Memory care portion was very small. When our mother would need memory care area ..didnt like that our loved one might have to transfer to another Brookdale community as the memory care Cornerwood Drive was very very small with limited rooms available. Still under consideration ..but not sure this is the exact fit for our loved one

This is my pick so far in my search. The facility is nice and clean. The back porch is like a family homes back yard. They have a nice sidewalk that circles the property. The apartments were nice and spacious and reasonably priced. They are a Type A and B facility so mom can decline and still stay there. Will bring mom by to check out the food and get a feel for the place.

so friendly and open

At Horizon Bay Austin the community is small enough that people can find their way around easy. The people here are so friendly and open. This is a really big positive. I am extremely satisfied. The staff is so attentive to everyone's needs here.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback! We will share your feedback with our management team.

I hope I could have my mother here.

I hope I could have my mother here. It's very nice, and clean. The staff is very friendly. It rates a five in every category.

great overall

Overall they have done everything great. The facility at Horizon Bay Austin is very nice and the staff there are all very caring and helpful.

However, on two different occasions my mother had some money go missing. They were supposed to call me to discuss the matter and never did.

I tour this facility but I do not think my parents can be in an "A" certified facility. My mother needs at least a "B" .

We are very happy to be here.

It's a good place. We are very happy to be here. It's very clean, and I love the management here. They are really attentive to the residents needs. Chef Annie is wonderful. It's great! I don't have any concerns.

very pleased

They are very thorough in orientation explaining everything that they have to offer. It is a very nice place with wonderful people. I have been very pleased with my experience with Horizon Bay Austin.

We are very happy with it.

We are very happy with it. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. Everyone is very sweet and kind. They are very attentive, someone is always right there. The food is her favorite part, she loves the meals. Everything is wonderful, as long as she is happy that's all that matters to me.

It didn't feel as open

This was our second choice when we were searching for options. Dad decided against moving here only because there wasn't as much out door area as our other choice. It didn't feel as open, there wasn't a lot of outside walking area, no gardens or anything like that.

It's been very interesting at Horizon...

It's been very interesting at Horizon Bay Austin. There have been two major problems we've experienced here. One was issues with what was promised with the room, the other was with regulating medications. There seems to be a lot of miscommunication going on. We were promised things that we didn't get. They have nightly room checks, so mom doesn't feel like she has privacy. Because of all the issues, my mom is moving out.

wonderful Place!

The nurses, caregivers, and staff are very caring, loving, and professional. My mother always rsceived prompt care when needed. The activities were good. The rooms are spacious and have beautiful accents. The closets are huge! The facility is modern and elegant. The resident's apartment area is organized to feel home-like.
We were very pleased with Horizon Bay and would recommend it to anyone.

Great choice for my father-in-law

Horizon Bay is clean, bright and welcoming. My father-in-law appears to be settling in well. The staff is always smiling and willing to help in whatever way they can. Will know more as more time passes.

Okay but I had some issues

We liked them okay but they ordered medication for my mom and then charged us for it. We asked them to stop doing that and they kept doing it, even after we moved her. That was not good. I don't know if they were getting a kick back from it or making money off it somehow. It's pretty heinous.

My mom used to complain about the food being cold and they were not very helpful with getting the insurance set up.

Good Community

They are conveniently located for our family. They were the best fit for my mom and offered the right level of care we were looking for. They are able to handle situations and are accommodating if you want to be a part of it.

Friendly & helpful.

Friendly & helpful.

Visited. One bedroom is nice size. ...

Visited. One bedroom is nice size. Studio is very small. Location is kind of remote.

Nice place. Seems a little stiff.

Nice place. Seems a little stiff.

Nice tour, pod arrangement of rooms, ...

Nice tour, pod arrangement of rooms, gracious staff.

Nice clean, quiet place. Assisted an...

Nice clean, quiet place. Assisted and memory care only. 3 miles from Trinity Care Nursing in Roundrock. They take medicare + a backup insurance. Lots of activities in principle.

liked everything but too small and no...

liked everything but too small and no real kitchen

The apartments have a mini kitchen-th...

The apartments have a mini kitchen-they serve 3 meals a day. They have more options for 'care' within their apartment section, and residents are issued a 'life alert' medallion. They have staff on call for emergencies 24/7.

“We believe our residents and families know deeply that we love and care for every single person. It’s not just a job, it’s our life. We’re a family!” Nestled in a residential area, Horizon Bay Vibrant Retirement Living is conveniently located near shopping, doctor’s offices and entertainment. We are in the Brushy Creek neighborhood two miles from Round Rock Hospital.

Our pet-friendly community features landscaped grounds with a paved walking path around the community. We also have a library, large living room area with a beautiful fireplace and a salon/barber shop. Our apartments feature lots of windows for bright natural lighting and views of the neighborhood. We are often told by those who tour that they can feel the coziness of the community, and that the many windows provide a bright, vibrant look.

Horizon Bay Round Rock’s award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch programs and services intended to enhance our residents’ living experience. This includes our resident programs, designed specifically to fit the needs of our residents. Among the residents’ favorite activities are Matter of Balance, Mind Aerobics, a creative writing class called “My Life Story” and many other activities that enable residents to share their stories and reminisce about their life experiences.

Our dining programs offer residents restaurant-style dining featuring fresh and nutritional choices everyday, including a full soup and salad bar. Our dining room is open throughout the day. Our transportation services take residents on exciting trips and activities outside the community.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.