HarborChase of Palm Harbor - Palm Harbor, FL

Too expensive, but a beautiful facility. I remember when it was Balmoral.

Care and Compassion

We toured this community and like it a lot. They did not have the level of care that we needed at the time. The staff was nice and it was beautiful. The menu was appealing and the dining area was nice. The residents seemed to be happy here in the environment. We would recommend this community for the excellent care that is received with an outstanding value for others.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your five-star review! We’re happy to hear that you had a great tour and we very much appreciate your kind words about our beautiful community, friendly associates, appealing menu, spacious dining areas and outstanding value. We’re sorry to hear, however, that the level of care available didn’t meet your specific needs. If your circumstances happen to change, please do let us know if we may be of service to you in the future. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us.

A good tour

We liked this community when we visited. This community does offer a nurse on staff twenty four hours a day. This community was our first choice, however they did not have a room available at the time we were looking. The people we met were nice and the community looked clean.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad to hear that you had a great visit to HarborChase and we’re thrilled to be your first choice! We very much appreciate the kind words about our clean community and friendly residents and associates. Hopefully, we’ll have an apartment available for you soon. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to you becoming a part of the HarborChase family!

Excellent Care from Harborchase for our beloved Grandmother

The process of moving my 95 year old grandmother from home to Harborchase was a difficult decision. However, [Removed] & the entire staff was patient with us. First they evaluated her to assess the level of care she would need. They offered advice and recommendations and made the journey a positive experience. I appreciated that they outlined the various steps to transitioning to assisted living and memory care, along with detailed costs associated with various levels of care- including medication management. Although my grandmother had a rapid decline in health, they were able to offer help in all aspects of daily care and then provide an introduction to hospice. Our family appreciated the kindness of the Harborchase and hospice caregivers, and I highly recommend this home no matter what level of care your loved one needs.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for your recommendation and five-star review. We’re glad that you and your family chose HarborChase for your grandmother. We’re happy to hear that our associates helped to make your transition and move-in process as easy as possible. We do our best to make sure that we explain and carefully walk through our personalized care plan with residents and their family members. We especially appreciate all of the nice things you had to say about our associates and care partners. Every day they are focused on providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you in the future.

This place was bright and cheerful and very well kept up, but not as warm/friendly as other care centers. We felt that residents were clients more than family, but were well taken care of.

Billy Brandes

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate all of the kind words and compliments about our bright and cheerful community. We appreciate your concerns, but hope you might consider coming back to attend one of our classes, activities or fun social events. Every day, our residents enjoy a wealth of activities through our Life Enrichment Program. This program definitely adds to our warm and friendly atmosphere. We consider ourselves to be one big family at HarborChase. Our associates truly feel that our residents are members of the family and strive to treat them the same way. Thanks again for the review. We hope to have another opportunity to get to know you.

Ultra-elaborate. A little too much for my loved one.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the review and the kind words about our elaborate community. One of the features we’re proud of at HarborChase is the tremendous value our residents and their family members receive. Every day, our residents enjoy innovative health services, delicious dining options, housekeeping services and much, much more. Thanks again for your review. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

Nice people!

We did like the community and what they had to offer. Everyone here was really caring and very helpful with us. The residents were even out and they all seemed to be happy. They even followed up with us.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for your five-star review. We appreciate you taking the time to visit our community and rate us. We appreciate the kind words about our community, our friendly residents, and our hard-working associates and care partners. Every day, they are dedicated to providing the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. We hope you will come by for another visit soon. Again, we thank you for your review and appreciate your time.

Good Care

This is a very nice community for my mom. It is always clean and well taken care of. My mom seems to be happy there and has good care. I would highly recommend this community for family members needing assisted living.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful review and we’re so happy that you chose HarborChase for your mom! Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of the community and its dedicated associates. Every day, they strive to provide senior care and services that truly transcend the expected. Again, we thank you for your thoughts and we look forward to serving you and your family in the years to come!

HarborChace Everiss

Very impressed with staff and facilities. Only been there one week and staff is doing a great job. Recommend highly!

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us, Jack. We’re so happy that you chose HarborChase and are thrilled to hear that it’s going so well for you. We appreciate the kind words about our community and its dedicated associates and care partners. Every day, they strive to provide you with the very best in senior living. Again, we thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Came back here after visiting another community and it felt like a country club.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re happy to hear that you had a great visit to HarborChase and we certainly appreciate the kind words. We love hearing from residents, family members and visitors that our community reminds them of a country club or cruise ship. Again we thank you for your review and we hope you’ll come back again soon for another visit.

Harbor Chase

My sisterinlaw is there and we are very happy with the community. Their aim is to help the clients resume a normal life and they are doing very well. Everyone is friendly, although I find that perhaps more attention could be paid to the food. Not as tasty as other places.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re very happy that you chose HarborChase for your sister-in-law and we’re thrilled to hear that it has been a wonderful experience so far. And although it may be difficult to please everyone, our menus are created by a team of HarborChase Chefs in partnership with our registered dietitian and customized for resident preferences to provide a wealth of choices daily. We hope that you will give our chefs another opportunity to wow you. Again, we thank you again for your wonderful review and look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come.

Great location, nice having my parents so close to our home. Every one at Harbor Chase has been exceptional nice, helpful, and friendly. Laurie has been a real peach and if I have a questions, she's always there to help.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate the kind words. We’re pleased that you chose HarborChase for your parents and that you’re enjoying our convenient location. We’re also happy that you recognized Laurie and our wonderful Care Partners. All of our associates strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that truly transcends the expected. Again, we sincerely thank you for your kind words and look forward to serving you and your parents in the years to come.

Wonderful

They are wonderful. The level of care is wonderful. I love the staff and the building is clean and well taken care of. The dining area is great and the residents really seem to enjoy the staff and the activities. Great place.

Very Friendly Staff

I think overall, everybody that works here is very, very friendly. The know all know you by name. I was very disappointed in the food and the dining room though. The food is improving, but people come in to this beautiful dining room, and there are just wheelchairs everywhere and it makes it hard to move around. I also expected a little more activities.

A great place to enjoy your senior years.

I am very happy with the cleanliness and the helpfulness of the staff at Harbor Chase. If my mother is happy, then I am happy. A long story, but we have been a part of and seen several facilities and this facility is like staying in a luxury hotel! But, like all places, with the good there is always some not so good.
I am a little disappointed in the medical facilities. I understood that there was more care when someone was sick. I don't feel confident in the staff noticing someone who is under the weather or in need of additional care. Also, we still have to take my mother to the Doctor and that was part of the responsibilities I understood we would get help with. They can take her, but she is left there alone. I understand it, but if your parent is not capable of answering all the questions properly or remembering the responses, you must still take them. That was not made clear.
The dining area is beautiful, but the food seems to be the biggest disappointment to most of the residents. I am told by Harbor Chase that they are trying to figure out a solution to this. In the meantime, a group of residents are trying to get a group voice to show more power in their grievance, but the food maintains to be what I am told... is a dull flavor and often over done status.
The staff there seems to be quite willing to work on problems and make people happy. It is always a pleasure to see the young man at the front desk. He is attentive, kind and sharp. That alone is much more than you see most anywhere else! They don't even notice if someone is leaving no matter a resident or not. All in all, we feel blessed to be at Harbor Chase.

I have been very impressed with my choice to have my husband live at Harbor Chase. He seems very happy and enjoys his daily ice cream treat in the ice cream parlor. The grounds lend to a pleasant daily walk with a serene environment. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. There are plenty of activities if one cares to join in. I also like the idea of progressive care, if needed. I would have no problem recommending Harbor Chase.

Very Nice

The HarborChase of Palm Harbor is a nice community. Everyone was very nice. The staff and residents were friendly. Everything has been going pretty good. My loved one lives here and enjoys it. 4 stars.

I'm very pleased with it.

I'm very pleased with it. I liked the fact that it didn't smell like urine. Some of the other places smelled like urine. I saw that some of the residents had cars and could go places and that the residents were active instead of just sitting around in a vegetative state. I liked the grounds and the walking paths there. The dining room is setup like a restaurant. The staff was friendly there.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a nice looking facility. It was clean and well kept, although not very warm or homey feeling. The staff we spoke with all seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another facility, but this is one we were definitely considering.

Eureka!! Stop looking...this is the place.....

Moved my mother into Harbor Chase 1 month ago. She is thrilled by their care, & attentiveness as well as enjoying the other wonderful residents who live there. No place can ever be perfect but the managers and entire staff make every effort to accommodate my Mom to help her settle in. She had been living in an independent ALF in Naples but due to progressing Altzheimers and physical de-conditioning was unsafe to live alone and felt lonely. She now feels secure, receives her medications, reminded when to eat and enjoys the multiple social activities they offer. They provide medical services to choose from, PT/OT, plus much more. The facility is clean, bright and attractive. The outside grounds are breathtaking. My Mom says she feels like she is on vacation! The food is age appropriate and tasty, they have an ice cream parlor, in home theatre, beauty salon, as well as outside entertainment. The atmosphere feels warm and you will find the staff positively interacting with the residents. And on top of everything else....my Mom has her dog with her, who is also enjoying her new home!

Clean, and friendly, not sure about the care.

It's clean and the staff is very friendly. I just am not sure how I feel about the care. My loved one fell twice, and we weren't there for very long when it happened. I'm not sure if it could have been prevented or not, but I am just not sure what to think. Maybe if your loved one is steady and just needs meals and medication management it would be fine, but I just don't know about more than that.

Cooperative

They’re very willing to work with you. My loved one can be a bit difficult and they were very helpful in getting her concerns resolved. The parking has always been sufficient. I haven’t really had a chance to try the food so I can’t speak to that.

Great activities

They have would take a five in activities, even if my loved one doesn’t do a lot of them – the do have a lot of activities available. They are very well managed and they do a very good job. They’re so much better than where we had out loved one before.

Outstanding

They’re outstanding. Just all the way across the board, they’re just outstanding. They’re very clean and the people there are very nice. We’ve never had trouble finding parking. All I can say is that it’s an outstanding community.

Nice place to live!

The facility is spotless and classy, with caring, concerned staff members. Some of the activities entice even those who tend to be loners. The Nurse on site 24/7 has been the most impressive feature here, and the most beneficial. My mom has fallen several times without having the paramedics called in. If there are questions about meds etc. a nurse calls the Dr. And takes care of it. Peace of mind for me! The food is a 3 of 5, adequate but not great. There are occasional glitches in care such as shower times, but they get worked out. It is not one on one care, but all my mom's needs have been met. Even incontinence is handled with compassion. I feel good about my mom's new home.