Elmcroft of Arlington - Arlington, TX

This is a very nice facility. Their focus seems to be on the numerous activities that they have available, which is great for many. My mom was very worried that she would be forced to participate in them, so had a negative reaction to the tour. Would suggest more communication with the tour guide about mom's personality etc. before bringing her along.

My wife is Happy

I'm glad my family and I fond this community for my wife she seems happy here. The caregivers are friendly and caring. The food Is good. The community stays clean and grounds are maintained. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Not A Good Location For Dad

Dad still drives so this wouldn't have been a good location for him it is not in a familiar area for him. We liked the community although it was smaller. The rooms we saw were a little bigger than others. The staff was very friendly super nice.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

My father's good care

This is a community that is taking care of my father. We like the cleanliness of the community with the nice environment that is helpful for my father. The menu is very appealing. They offer the activities for the residents that are able to participate. We like knowing that he is happy with the care that he is receiving. We would recommend this community for the care of loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Friendly, nice place, very clean.

Friendly staff. Clean facility.

Home health nurse.

Friendly attitudes by staff food is good. Building is always clean and smelling good.

Staff pleasant. Clean facility. Residents have nice things to say.

Good staff and nice building.

I am a personal caregiver for a resident here. I and all the staff have welcomed me with open arm’s – my lady seems very happy as well.

Everyone was very caring and professional and kind.
I believe this is a great community for anybody’s loved one.

I love the residents.

Elmcroft Arlington is awesome! Wonderful staff and residents.

Megan Strothman

Great to hear, david! Glad that you had a positive experience. Thanks for reaching out.

My mom lived at Elmcroft in Bedford. We need her close to me, so all moved her close to me when the need arrived back to Elmcroft Arlington. We like the communities.

I would move my family here if they needed ALF care. Staff is courteous and kind.

So Far All Is Well

So far everything is working out well for my mother with her move to this community. She is doing well, and I'am satisfied with her move here. She is safe, and I'am pleased with everything they have done for our family. So far all is well for us in this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

They Don't Have Memory Care

I spent a lot of time researching communities before placing my mom. I didn't spend a lot of time on this one because they don't offer memory care. The staff seemed nice and the community was clean .

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review! Although this facility does not offer memory care, there are many other Elmcroft Communities that do. If you are still looking please go to www.elmcroft.com to see the communities near you that offer memory care.

A tour for care

We toured this community. We did not like that they when I arrived that the staff did not know me. The community seemed to me clean from what I was able to see. They had activities that were going on when I arrived. I was not pleased that no one was available to assist me with the questions of what care is available.

Megan Strothman

We are so sorry to hear this. Our top priority is our residents and making sure they receive the proper care. We sincerely apologize that you were not helped. Let us know if there is any way we can help now. Thanks for reaching out.

Excellent care and value

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive.
They have a good menu with the variety of meals. The activities are nice for her and she does enjoy. We would recommend the care and the great value of this community to other families.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the compliment! We are glad that you have chosen Elmcroft.

This place also did not keep the scheduled appointment, but an aide was able to give me a tour and she really tried her best, so I didn't ask many questions that I knew she couldn't answer. The place was very quiet for a Saturday afternoon. Very few residents out and about; I saw 4-5 total, and another few in their rooms. Place was clean, staff was friendly

Too quiet...

The tour guide at Elmcroft was very friendly and informative. The facility itself was nice, but it was too silent. There was no activity and it seemed kind of musty. It was not what we were looking for.

We are really pleased

Mom has just started to participate in some of the daily activities offered. The staff are very nice and encouraging. She likes the food and they keep the community clean. This community is a good price and the location is close to family. I would recommend this community.

Good Community Overall

My Laws are doing pretty with their move to this community. It is a really nice community, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is great. They offer nice meals, and good activities. It is a community I would recommend overall it.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with very special members of your family.

Friendly staff!

Elmcroft of Arlington was another one of the communities that I toured. During my tour, the tour guide was able to answer any questions that I had and provide me with good information. The facility was clean and organized. It was a good experience.

A good tour!

I toured Elmcroft of Arlington along with many other communities and the tour guide did a good job. They were able to answer all of my questions and give me good information. The facility itself was clean and seemed to be maintained well.

Megan Strothman

This was a beautiful facility and the staff was very helpful in providing the information I was looking for. However, this was over our budget therefore was not considered.

Helpful people!

The people in this community are great. The food is fantastic. The staff has been very helpful with any issues and concerns we may have. Anything I ask for, they are on top of it and I never have to repeat myself. They also helped me with applying for his VA benefits. All around it been a great place.

A nice place for care

I toured this community with my mom. She wanted to stay her due to the big rooms. They were activities that she would of liked. Yhe staff was caring and the meals seemed to be appealing. I would recommend this community for great care to other families.

Loving Care

A nice community with excellent staff that are very caring. They offer great activities . My mom really likes the happy hour that is available. The meals are good and they offer meals for those with specials needs. I highly recommend this for excellent care.

Response times are poor -10 or more minutes is forever when a person needs transfer to a commode.
Doctor does not see her even when we are called & told specifically he would do so.
Aides are not very attentive.

Overly Satisfied !!

The staff have been excellent to my loved one, she is very well taken care of at this community. The place is always spotless with a refreshing smell throughout the facility. The food is great and well proportioned. My mother loves this place! Overall the staff is wonderful, and I am very pleased

Elmcroft was a lovely facility and Duke was so kind & helpful.

A Kind Community

My tour of this community was nice. The staff was very kind and informative. They showed me all around the community. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The tour guide was lovely and kind. This is a nice community with kind people.

A Perfect Community

This is perfect community, everything is working out very well. The staff is excellent, they are very friendly and on top of things around there. She loves the activities, they offer many for her to choose from. She is pleased with the food. It is a very well maintained community, everything is very nice and clean. I know she is receiving great care and I would recommend this community.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Been great - wish dad was more social, but he's not. More "home style" (southern) cooking is his preference.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Great place to live! My father-in-law loves living here.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

I love it here, everyone is so friendly. The food is very good. I'm enjoying having less responsibility.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Things seem to be improving. Need more veggies and fruit. Please continue to work on housekeeping.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

It's a wonderful place. The staff treats each resident like they are one of the only ones that lives in the community. The staff listens to family and addresses the issues. This has been the first month and all adjustments are in a transition, but have been patient with me and mom.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

I have been here for about 3 months. I can say this is a very nice, clean place. All employees are wonderful. They can't ever do enough for me. Thank you so very much for taking care of me - all employees are very sweet and good to me.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

I have enjoyed Elmcroft because it is warm, comfortable, good food, things to do. Friendly people live here and work here. i am close to my daughter and her family who I love very much.

Clean, helpful, kind!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Spacious, people are friendly and loving.

Very happy.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Very, very appropriate. They have plans for people and vendors that come in to do things we need and that is important.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Everyone has been so kind and helpful.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

This community provides a clean and comfortable environment for the residents. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and involved. Everyone I've talked to talks about how much they enjoy living here. I'm excited to have the opportunity to be involved with the residents and staff.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Nice and friendly community.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

All of the staff have been very welcoming! We look forward to being the dental provider and partnering to give Elmcroft's residents the care they need!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

The Community was very nice, everyone looked friendly and welcoming. Food looked good, building was clean and smelled good. Offers a lot of activities.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

We visit Elmcroft with our first and second graders from ACI and always enjoy our time! The areas are clean, the residents are happy and engaged and are a blessing to our kids!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

We love Elmcroft. The residents are so sweet to our ACI children. This facility is beautiful and clean and a joy to be in!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Great place. Very clean, and everyone was warm and welcoming.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Very clean and organized facility. The staff is always friendly and professional. I'm always greeted by name when entering the community. Elmcroft Arlington has an excellent team and staff that seems to really have a heart and passion for serving seniors.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

My mother has been a resident for a few months. The first week was terrible: no one checked on her when she missed her meal, no one escorted her to the dining room as we were told they would, she did not get a bath, and her laundry was not done. Soon, the Executive Director and Resident Services Director were fired. Gradually, things have improved as more competent people took over. Steady improvement has occurred in all areas of patient care, from administering medications to laundry procedures. I am very pleased with the progress that has been made. The staff members are warm and friendly and helpful and seem to be very conscientious. The most important thing is that my mother is happy and content and not refers to Elmcroft as "Home."

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

All of the staff has been very welcoming! We look forward to being the dental provider and partnering to give Elmcroft's residents the care they need!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

I am pleased with the care that my mom has received. She had a difficult time during the time before she was diagnosed with cancer. I feel more training is needed. The nurses meant well, but they wanted her to get out of the bed when she was telling them she was in severe pain. However, Tim and his wife and a couple of others treated her with loving care!!

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

The staff is nice and helpful, my room is good, and I'm close to my daughter.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Love the staff and management and caregivers. Impressed that the food is better. Love the activities for mom. Love the help we get whenever there is a concern. Love that caregivers, and staff, and management care for mom and other residents.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

Caring and efficient facility. I'm so glad we found this place for my mom. Incredible staff.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

I am a home health therapist and I frequent Senior Living communities on a daily basis. The staff at Elmcroft is always friendly to me when I come to work with my patients who live at Elmcroft. Elmcroft is a friendly, welcoming environment with frequent social activities for the residents.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

The staff are always attentive and truly care for the residents. As a registered nurse, it's easy to see the quality care that is provided by the staff.

Review of Elmcroft Of Arlington - Arlington, Tx

The workers are great and some are not. She enjoys the place.

Positive experience

Our experience with Elmcroft of Arlington has been a positive one. It is a tough situation for our loved one and our family, but Elmcroft is a nice place and the staff do an excellent job looking after the residents.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Elmcroft of Arlington! It's a beautiful facility, the staff is friendly and caring, and they're taking great care of my loved one. It is expensive, but the pricing is all inclusive so you don't need to worry about it increasing based on care needs.They also have a lot of great amenities to offer! They have a busy activity schedule, and the food is delicious! My loved one seems very happy here!

The Best Place For Mom or Dad

Everyone that works there is so nice!!!!

My wife is in assisted living with the facility. We had to go out and get our own services because my wife has a catheter and they do not provide services for this. She teaches some of the activities and we participate with her.

My dad is happy at Elmcroft of Arlington. So far he is happy with the food and the activities. He has made a lot of friends there. It has been an overall good experience. I have been happy with this facility.

I checked out several facilities and Elmcroft was by far the cleanest and nicest place. I had no qualms placing my mother there. She has been there 4 weeks now and thoroughly loves it!! The food is very good. The staff is friendly. No regrets.

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Elmcroft of Arlington! It's a nice looking place, the staff are all very friendly, and they seem to have a lot to offer their residents. The staff here really go above and beyond to make sure that their residents are comfortable and well taken care of. I would recommend them to others looking into care options in the area!

Excellent, warm, loving place for my dad!

We moved my dad into Elmcroft in Arlington about 6 weeks ago, and I've been extremely pleased. The administrative staff, especially Angela (the director) is excellent and always available to me and to the residents. I've seen many of the staff stop to talk to residents in the hallways or in the dining room. They always know their names and other relevant facts about the person, and are a very cheerful, calming presence. The food is quite good, and the activities director, Don, is amazing. Don is honestly the original reason we decided on Elmcroft. He is so full of energy, exudes happiness, and is most compassionate with the residents. He's been able to get my dad involved in the games, activities and exercise program.. ... when previously he had just been sitting in a chair all day. Claudia, the community sales person, has helped with every facet from the move-in to getting the pharmacy delivery and doctor visits arranged. She's another happy face that greets everyone when they walk in. Betty at the reception desk is wonderful as well. All in all, it's a beautiful place, very clean with a warm, loving atmosphere.

I had a good feeling about Elmcroft when I first visited, and found the people very friendly and experienced. After a few weeks, I've not altered my position. The staff is very conscientious and appears to be not a lot of turnover. Also, the food is surprisenly good. The residents seem to be quite content.

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place overall, but it was a little more care than my loved one needed at the time. It was a very nice place with very welcoming staff but just wasn't the right fit for our love one the time.

Worst experience ever

My Dad moved in on Nov. 4, 2013, on the fourth day we were told that he fallen but it was not serious. After a visit by my brother later on that night he required medical attention by ER Dr for trauma to the inter part of his arm (not consistent with a fall). Called home office and sent picture of his arm and didn't get a response for several days. We did his laundry & cleaned his room the whole time he lived there. He was isolated at meal time. The care declined dramatically!! He basically became lifeless there.
After a Dr's. visit that confirmed a 35 lb.weight loss i decided to bring him home. Upon packing his belongings i was told by four staff members(& a pvt.duty care giver) he had been [removed] several times. (covered up by staff) Unfortunately he has not been the same since he went to Elmcroft. Sadly i entrusted these people to care for him. They decided to clean house and get rid of the people that required more care basically. My question is how do these people sleep at night??

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they've done a good job taking care of my loved one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff all seem friendly and helpful. One aspect I would like to see them work on is their activities. I'd like to see them have a bit more going on, and I'd especially like to see the staff do more to encourage the residents to participate.

Geared for dementia patient...

Geared for dementia patients. Cold feeling, depressing. Expensive. Not for us.

You can't go wrong choosing Elmcroft of Arlington

Was very pleased with Elmcroft of Arlington. The friendliness was outstanding. The care services Elmcroft provides is just what we were looking for.

Change in management is causing difficulties

The cleanliness seems good, the care is sporadic, they have activities listed, but they don't always have them. They're supposed to have a movie every Sunday and it's happened once, the don't really have a happy hour, they don't have the activities they advertise. It's about every other week we have a problem with something and it's been a month or two with his being in there. The man who was managing the place moved and the lady that did his intake moved so now there's new management.
When I first moved in I was ecstatic about the management and everything seemed to match what they said but the management changed and they aren't doing anything they promised. I'm holding my breath, it's been two and a half months and I haven't gotten one bill yet; so I'm not going to do anything until the management gets it's feet wet and well see where we go from there.
He's getting his medicine, he's getting cared for, he's okay with the meals so that's okay, I'm holding judgement for now.

Not enough staffing for good care

They need better staffing and they lack in the cleanliness aspect. They don't have very many in house doctors, they're more of a lock down facility but they aren't memory care. They had a few activities but they did encourage more television than I would like. She liked it in the beginning but as her memory declined it just isn't condusive to someone who needs more care. I found cups that had mold in them and food left out in her room, the smell was not very good and they kind of gave excuses and said it was a recent thing. I talked to the main guy there and he said they would work on it but then it would happen again. They said they didn't have enough staff to care for her like she needed and that I should pay to have someone come in. She was so unhappy towards the end and would just stare at the ground, she couldn't communicate and it got to the point where we needed to go.

shared studio, separate bedrooms, lev...

shared studio, separate bedrooms, levels of care are high dollar,

love the property and people. first ...

love the property and people. first choice at this point

$3000 for 2 ppl, 2br $4000 (available...

$3000 for 2 ppl, 2br $4000 (available now by dining and activity). Spouse fee: $0. Community fee: $1500. Level of care: Basic med supervision $360. bathing/dressing/ $285.

Welcome to Elmcroft of Arlington, located in Arlington, Texas, offering exceptional assisted living care options for seniors in the Dallas area.

Elmcroft of Arlington is an intimate, senior living community designed to provide optimal comfort, care and privacy. Some features include:

• Private and shared assisted living apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®

Our carefully selected and trained staff are equipped to assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and management of medications. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks, residents are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. Each resident has the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we’re always there to provide support should they need it.

Elmcroft of Arlington is an assisted living community located in Arlington, Texas. Arlington is known as the entertainment capital of Texas. The city is home to some of Texas’ best-known family fun spots and sports teams such as the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys. Its 82 parks, including the 1,300-acre River Legacy, thriving music and arts scene and convenient access to Dallas and Fort Worth make it a world-class city.