Bethesda Gardens Arlington - Arlington, TX

Worst place i have ever lived

This place is a high priced institution. They don't let the residents interact with their friends and I am sitting by myself for all meals. I spend most of my time by myself in my room.

Rooms did not have a living room area, and no full kitchen. Nice people, but not a good fit for my parents. Bathrooms are being remodeled and were the best bathrooms I saw of all the facilities.

We did a walk in tour and were impressed with the friendly,caring attitude of everyone we met as well as the pricing and cleanliness of the facility. It did not have much outdoor space, which is very important to my mom.

Dad is happy!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for him. The staff are attentive to his needs to the best of there ability but I have noticed that they seem to be short handed at times. Every time I have visited the property always seems to be clean and have a fresh scent throughout the building. My dad is comfortable and feels safe in his new living environment and that is what is most important to my family and I . I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place for there loved one.

Friendly Kind Tour

I enjoyed my tour of this community, it is a nice facility. From what I saw everything looked nice, and well maintained. The staff I met was nice, friendly. it was a good experience, but to location wasn't convenient for my mother, and her needs.

They did a good job!

My loved one was at the Bethesda for a few weeks and everyone there was nice and professional. We had to move him out because he exceeded the level of care that they were able to provide, but they did what they could while he was there. It was a good experience.

Toured on Feb 11. got a good feeling from this cozy place. Would choose this for mom, but right now we are on hold

Happy To Meet For A Tour

I had agreed to a tour and it was a nice visit. The walk through and getting information was fine. The person who gave the tour did fine too. This was just not the place for us.

This was a beautiful facility and the staff was very helpful in providing the information I was looking for. However, this was over our budget therefore was not considered.

Building has a musky smell !!

The staff during our tour was not very welcoming and just gave average information. When we entered the building I noticed a musky and unpleasant smell throughout the building. When they presented the rooms for us to tour the bathrooms where not clean. I would not want my mother to live there .

I would refer others to go to Bethesda.

Things are fine since moving my mother to Bethesda. Things are going very good. She does participate in some of the activities they have, but she likes to sleep a lot so that gets in the way sometimes. The food is good there. I would refer friends and family to check out this community when they are looking into their options as well.

Needs some improvenent

My mother has been in Bethesda for several years. Staff is friendly and good to her. The downside is the turnover in staffing. The food is marginal at best, especially on the weekends. Activities could be a bit more stimulating. There isn't much flexibility with getting residents on outings.
The appearance is good. Always clean and the grounds are nice. It is corporate run and it shows. Lots of cost cutting and fewer opportunities for the residents

They hardly provided care services because she was in assisted living. What they provided they did very well. She has now moved out. She did not participate in any activities because of her health.

Just The Best Place

They are so nice and the apartments are really nice. I like the way it was set-up. The room was spotless. They will work with you, everybody smiles. They are great. I do not have a bad thing to say about them. It is just the best place.

Very nice place, feels like a home!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Bethesda Gardens! It's a very nice, clean facility, and the people here are very very friendly! I like that it feels more like a home, and not like a hotel like some of these places.

Friendly employees, happy residents. Clean, up to date living quarters that are affordable. Liked it, but didn't love it.

A beautiful place, but I felt like it was confusing.

I looked at this as well as many others when I was searching. It was a beautiful place. I had to ask someone if people got lost, she said not really once you get used to it. They had little areas, or neighborhoods, that would have a title, like birdhouse, and that area would be labeled and decorated with birdhouses. I thought I would get lost, I also thought the dining room was very large, and I preferred the smaller feel.

Nice, clean facility. Activ...

Nice, clean facility. Activity director gave me a tour and answered all questions. I like the ratio of care directors to staff. There are options at each meal, activities, on and off premises. Priced well within the range I am seeking.

The sales staff are very helpful. The...

The sales staff are very helpful. There is an RN on staff Monday-Friday which makes me feel more comfortable. The activities are numerous so no one should spend much time in their room. They are good at taking the occupants shopping, even if only one person wants to go. The facility is small so it's difficult to get lost. The distribution of food in the dining area is a bit disorganized, but everyone gets their food. The only problem I've had is getting a kitchen sink in Mom's apartment. They said it would be installed within one to two weeks of her arrival. It's been six weeks and still no sink. They keep assuring me it will be here.

A very nice place

Our loved one seems to like this place a lot, and we've been very pleased with the service so far! The staff have all been very friendly, and the food has been good overall as well. We haven't had any issues with security, we feel like our loved one is safe here. The other residents in the community are very friendly and seem very sociable.

May become an option

My father was here for a week when we were on vacation and he thought the people here were really crazy. He's not really at the point some of them are but right now he's jsut seeing the medical equipment and I told him that after a while he would see them as people.
Here they don't lock the doors so people can come and go but it's not in a very good neighborhood.

Nice Place for Able Seniors

It's not the type of assisted living that would be appropriate for my dad. It's a really nice place but they have to be able to get around on their own there. They will help with medicines and stuff like that but they don't bathe them or do extra thing that that there. When we were first looking my father was more able and we had about decided that's where we were going to go. Then he fell and broke his leg and that changed the whole scenario.

Under New Staff

(Activities Not Rated) The community had a couple of selling points but once we moved in and signed the contact those selling points were not longer pushed. One of those points was that they had an RN on staff but we found out the RN wasn't really certified. They weren't coming in to clean up our loved ones room. When we brought up concerns and request they would address them but we had to bring them up. There was recently a big turn over of the staff from the CEO to the maintenance staff and things have been getting better. They now have a certified RN on the staff. The food has improved along with several other parts of the community. It seems like the new staff genuinely care about the residents and really want to provide them with the best care. The one problem that is still around is that the elevator is not dependable; one of the times we were there they had to take meals up to the residents before the elevator was not functioning. Overall it is a pretty good community that has only been getting better with the new staffing.

Wish I could give 11 Stars

We chose this community because the staff really pays attention is and is very helpful to their residents and any visitors. My mother used to have a lot of panic attacks and tries to leave the community and the staff is so attentive that she has not become comfortable being there. Deciding on this community was almost like hiring a private nurse. The food is excellent, the care is excellent, and the doctor is wonderful everything is just excellent. I can't say enough good things about Bethesda Gardens. The staff calls me by name every time I am visiting. They really know what they are doing and go beyond to make it better. I literally looked and research at every assisted living community in the Arlington area and Bethesda Gardens really outshined the rest. I am a very particular customer when it comes to my mothers care and I am very pleased and could not be happier. I enjoy this community so much that when the time comes I would love to move myself in. I would highly recommend this community to my closed friends and family.

Everything is consistent.

The grounds are beautiful and the food smells good. The people are friendly and speak to everyone and they make it a point to know their names. They use the same caregiver staff so everything is consistent. They also keep everyone’s medication looked up in each person room to reduce the chances of medication mix up. Plus my father has plenty of intellectual stimulation; some of the residents are former pastors and preachers, which is right up my dad’s alley.

really nice people. I will be taking...

really nice people. I will be taking my mom over for lunch and an assessment by nurse.

We really liked this one. It will be...

We really liked this one. It will be on our short list of places we like. The staff was very nice.

have visited and am looking further a...

have visited and am looking further at the costs. very impressed with the facility.

I really liked this place and the way...

I really liked this place and the way things are arranged and decorated. The pricing is very good.

Bethesda Gardens is resident focused alternative to the typical Assisted Living Community. Bethesda Gardens is conveniently located in Arlington on West Arkansas Lane south of I-30 and north of I-20. The community is in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and minutes away from Arlington Memorial Hospital, Medical Center of Arlington, Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags, shopping, dining and entertainment.

Our community is built with personal common areas that are surrounded by up to ten individual apartments versus isolated hallways. Our spacious apartment homes offer self-locking medication cabinets, walk-in closets, fire safety systems and large windows to let in the natural sunlight. Bethesda Gardens features restaurant-style continuous dining with multiple entrée choices.

Our care program gives as much support or encouragement as the resident needs. We believe that care should be based on the goals of the individual being supported, as opposed to the goals of the procedural system. Families and residents are involved with the goal setting as much (or as little) as they choose. The goals are developed in hand with doctors, nurses and other professionals as necessary. Our care staff works in the same neighborhood for consistency of care and to allow a bond to occur naturally over time between care giver and resident.

We put a strong emphasis on our social program and our belief in keeping residents as independent as possible for as long as possible. Our residents are redefining their lives by participating in a number of social programs which include everything from card games (Bridge, Rummy, poker, etc.), special interest groups (crafts, gardening, golf, book reviews etc.), lecture series (topics include: politics, education, science, cooking, etc.) and an extensive health and fitness program that includes Senior Yoga and Senior Tai Chi.

At Bethesda Gardens, we strive to be home, not just home-like.”