The Renaissance on Peachtree - Atlanta, GA

Renaissance on Peachtree is among the most elegant and trusted senior living residences in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. In a time where new, yet unimaginative, senior living communities seem to be popping up everywhere, Renaissance is a fresh take. From being a high-rise building with upscale and elegant amenities to our diverse and interesting mix of people, Renaissance is different than the rest. And with a reputation that no one else can touch, you'll be hard-pressed to find another senior living community that comes close to giving you the feeling you get when you first set foot inside the Renaissance lobby.

A good visit

This was a nice community, however I did not think it would fit my loved ones needs. I liked the people we met there and they do offer daily activities.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us. If there is anything we can do better or differently to make us a good fit for your loved one, please don't hesitate to let us know. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Great Property!!

I like that this property is always very well maintained and has a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff have been wonderful to my mother and have accommodated her needs the best as they can so far. I do wish that some of the residents where not so challenging to socialize with and where more welcoming to my mom.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your positive comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we are so happy that your mother is doing well. Please let us know if there is anything we can in the future for your mother. Tami Cumings, Senior VP of Sales

Mom likes the community a lot

The staff at this community are nice, helpful, friendly and open to making improvements. They listen and take advice well. The food would be a seven or eight on a scale of one to ten. I think they could use a few more servers as sometimes the food is cold when you receive it. There is a new chef that is making some minor improvements and has even asked the resident for their opinions. They have great birthday parties. The community is immaculately clean. They have daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Good Tour But Not The One

After we were shown an apartment and saw the size of it, we decided not to choose them. We were looking for a large apartment to fit our needs. The tour went very good and it was fine but it was not best for us.

Provided a Peace of Mind for Me

Everything is going well for my mother at this community. They have really provided me with a peace of mind knowing she is being cared for well. She is doing very well, and has adjusted well to it. This was a good move for her. We feel good with her staying here, she is in good hands.

Great community!

The Renaissance on Peachtree is a great community! My mother-in-law loved everything but the food. The food and the service was not that good, we ate there as well and it was terrible. Shondra, the head nurse of assisted living makes the place fabulous!

Posh building with friendly, helpful liaison. Pros: Close to where I live, roomy units, well maintained building, ALF on site, community very active in self-governance. Cons: High rise building, w/ not standard in units, pricey.

Friendly staff with warm interaction

The friendliness and personal connection at the Renaissance are outstanding. All the staff stop to greet my mother by name as she walks through the halls. The waiters in the dining room are pleasant and very patient. The manager walks around frequently and is open and responsive. In the years my mother has been there she needs more care but still takes part in activities every day. If you walk into the dinner area on any day, you will hear a lively buzz of conversation -- even at tables with people who are very frail. Three nights/week there is a happy hour before dinner and there, also, people enjoy talking with each other, and mixing. The social interaction really makes a difference.

I was present when my mother came back from the hospital and she was welcomed so warmly by everybody.

Another important service that has been very helpful is arranging for doctor's appointments, including transportation and someone to go with my mother. These arrangements cannot be spontaneous -- they must be planned but they make a big difference.

My mother is very happy at the Renaissance and I think they have helped her stay connected.

"Like a cruise ship that never leaves the dock"

My wife and I have lived at the Renaissance for over a year. It has been a wonderful experience for us and we are extremely happy in our new home.

If you are independent and active, then this is the place to go.

This is a big high rise building. They are a very active independent community. It was a nice place. My parents enjoyed it until the need for more care became necessary. If you are independent and active, then this is the place to go.

Keep looking - not a good place for aging folk

This is a very fast talking crowd - they promise a lot and deliver virtually nothing.

When she first toured and met with the manager, she was promised a driver when she needed it, despite using a wheelchair. She was also promised daily made service and good food.

Once she has moved in it was another story. The food and service have deteriorated tremendously since Arbor took over the facility. Maid service is once maybe twice a week and the dinners are worse than being back in college. She is repeatedly denied transportation because she is handicapped.

My parent was on the assisted living floor and as others mentioned, it was as if she had been banished.

Independent YES ,,,,,,,, Assisted NO.

I toured on three separate occasions. If you are looking for independent living then this is a good option within the city of Atlanta. The assisted living is another story: Your loved one will be banished to the assisted living floors. The sales staff will show you all the great amenities of the building, but fail to mention that assisted living residents don't really have the use of these amenities without the help of a family member. Depressing best describes the assisted living floors and because this is a for profit corporation the staffs hands are tied to think for themselves or the residents. We took this off the list after realizing that the sales staff point blank lied about residents true options.

Loving, active, friendly atmosphere. Beautiful building. Helpful staff.

Super nice facility. In a rather urban area so traffic might be a concern for visiting families.

Disappointed with the Renaissance

The Renaissance may be a satisfactory, or even a good place for someone wanting independent living. I would not recommend it for someone needing assisted living services. My parents didn't get what they needed there. It only got worse with the change in management. From my family's perspective, instead of redecoration,, the new company's money would have been better spent for better trained, better paid care staff. I downgraded cleanliness because my parents' room was supposed to have daily housekeeping, but it was always very dusty. Additionally, I don't think the carpet was ever cleaned in my parents' room. Some staff was "friendlier" than others. The food is pretty good: no complaint there. Location is very good. Bottom line? We were disappointed with the Renaissance.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time to post. I am sorry you were disappointed in the services your loved ones received at Renaissance With that said, we have an established Health & Wellness director managing the department who is getting excellent reviews from residents and staff. We also continue to increase staff training to assure that our residents’ expectations are exceeded. We are committed to teaching our staff how to excel.
You are absolutely right; dust has been a challenge through the renovation. The good news is that the renovation is concluding which should alleviate the problem. I am sorry it was a problem for your parents.
I truly wish I had the opportunity to address your concerns while they still resided at the community. If you would like to speak to me, please feel free to contact me at [removed].
Sincerely,
Michael Sturm | Operations Director

We really like it there!

We really like it. She loves it there. The food is fantastic, they got a new chef and everyone seems to like the food. It's not always as healthy as I would like but they seem to have a lot of choices and enough healthy options to get by. It's really social and upbeat. They did just do some recent renovations, and I believe they are expanding the assisted living section.

My sister took my dad for a...

My sister took my dad for a visit and was really impressed with amenities and environment. Very positive.

I feel we got the best place in Atlanta

I'ts a wonderful place, we are just thrilled with it. They have undergone a massive renovation anf, of course, dealing with the elderly, that has been confusing and disruptive. They were bough out by a large company, and the renovations are wonderful. They're remodling the dining room, they're one floor for assited living, previously two floors were assisted, and the moved another floor up to what I hear is much nicer apartments. They're hoping to have it all done by Christmas. The attendants are wonderful, they've all been there 10 plus years, they check on her constantly, she goes to every one of the activities, they've fixed everything in the apartment we could think of, and it was just little things. I can't say enough nice things about it. We had just dropped in before and mother didn't like it, but when A Place for Mom reminded us of what a great palce it was, we shceduled a tour and they did the full court press. They greated us by name, the food was wonderful and we just new it was the right palce. They sent mother flowers to her condominium and gave her warm cookies. They've got a new chef so the jury is still out on him. The first chef had a full, hard backed menu with 16 entree choices and on and on. We had rib eye steak the night we toured.
They have a residence council and from every floor the have a resident on the food committee and the care committee, they're really striving to make everyone happy. The only thing that would be slight detrimental is just that there's been a lot of confusion with th erenovation but the end result will be amazing, I just keep telling momma to keep her eye on the prize.

Currently under renovation....

Currently under renovation. High rise. Only 4 one BR units in assisted living. Approx. 500 sq ft for 1BR. Highest rates so far. Not much parking. Common areas all on first floor, except for assisted living dining. Chef reports to resident food committee, seem attentive to resident feedback and requests in all areas. Has chair rail to hang on to in halls. Estimate 1 yr wait list.

Lovely highrise

The Renaissance is currently being remodeled, a lot of the first floor (which is the common area) is blocked off. However, they did a nice job of boarding up the areas being remodeled to contain the noise, dust, and debris. A one bedroom is priced at $2750 for independent living (as of July 2013) and they review your rate on the anniversary it can go up between 2-4% (which is in line with other facilities we've seen.) There is a one time move in fee of $1500 that goes to community maintenance costs, like an HOA. They have a library with the daily newspaper and a coffee shop. They also offer assisted living, which costs more, and an on-duty RN. If your loved one uses life alert it can be linked to the front desk so they can respond first. They clean resident's apartments and do linens and towels once a week. There is a community washer and dryer on every hall or you can hook up your own units. The rent covers every bill except for the phone, so it includes basic cable and internet access. Residents also get a continental breakfast and one meal of their choice. They are putting in a wine bar, and have a theater for movies. The café offers coffee, pastries and snacks. They also have an arts and crafts studio. The residents and staff here were both very friendly.

Very nice - larger facility, but woul...

Very nice - larger facility, but would provide quiet area for my mother and her cat. Apts have balconies. RN on staff - food looks good. Reasonable rent and suportive care - like that the rent includes all leves of care.

Mom like this most of all