Sunrise At Buckhead - Atlanta, GA

[Removed] who is the sales rep for this Sunrise Community was very informative and helpful. My Mom needs to move from independent living to assisted living. I was impressed with the low staff turnover and the how organized the administration of this community. The building is older but pretty. Need to visit with my Mom but first impression was positive.

My tour of Sunrise

The staff I met during the tour were really nice. This community is beautiful and looks like an old victorian home. The grounds are well taken care of and they seem to have some nice common areas. This community did not seem as active as what we were looking for.

Enjoyed my visit with [Removed], who was very helpful. Apartments are lovely. Seems like a lively community. Bright and cheerful too. Men's group seemed very active and would be important for us. Nice people working there were helpful and seemed to know the community well.

Nice Community

I took a tour of this community from a helpful guide who was able to give me useful information about the community. When I saw the room I saw how small it was and we wanted something larger. This is why we did not select them.

Sunrise of Buckhead- the place that your loved one will feel at home and truly cared for!

Sunrise of Buckhead is a really nice place. Everyone who
works there seems to be happy and smiles and talks to the
residents all the time. If you have a problem, just tell your
care giver and she/he will get it taken care of.
My husband is happy here - which is my number one goal.
We are praying he can get well enough to come home. He
needs exercise to get strong and Sunrise provides that.
Sunrise also gets Home Health Care involved if your loved
one needs extra care. We have a Home Health nurse come
3 times a week and a physical therapist and occupational
therapist 2 times a week. Sunrise arranged all of this for us.
No hassel and no stress, We have been in 3 nursing homes/rehab facilities and Sunrise is the best. We did not know that an assisted living facility could handle a patient like my husband, but they can and they do!! Thank you Senior Advisor!!

We really did like this community. The people were very nice and they answered any and all questions that we had. The community just did not feel right. Also we did not think that the layout of the community would work for mom. Also we got to see a few of the residents out and we liked that, they seemed happy here.

Nice community!

This community was good and things went well. The staff answered all my questions. The community was nice and clean and there were people out and walking around. I just felt that this was not the right place for my dad.

Sunrise At Buckhead has been the perfect place for my mom to recover from a recent stay in the hospital. She will be there for 30 days . Just being with such a caring staff has helped her gain her strength back. Everyone is encouraging. Not only do they know her by name but they know my brother and me as well. The food ,activities, staff and level of care have succeeded our expectaions. I would highly recomend it to anyone looking for a place for an elderly relative.

A good friend's care

I toured this community. I was able to have all my questions answered. The staff were nice and involved with the residents and genuinely caring. I would suggest families take a tour to see if there would be good for a loved one for care and value.

Huge Place!

My tour of the Sunrise At Buckhead went very well, the place was very nice and well maintained. The main reason why we chose to go with another community, is because we were looking for something much smaller, with a more personal level of care.

The community seems very homey!!!

Mom has just spent a short time at this community and so far I like what I see. The food is good and the chef takes pride in his cooking. They have a lot of activities going on. The community is clean and well taken care of.

The staff at Sunrise are angels!!!

My husband is doing well at this community. He likes to participate in some of the activities they offer. I would recommend this clean community. The staff are nice and attentive to his needs.

My sister and daughter toured on 8/21 and spoke very highly of the facility. They were impressed with the level of attention given to residents with memory issues. The residents were clean, as was the residence.

Very nice place, good meal service!

So far we are very pleased with how things have turned out with Sunrise at Buckhead, it is a very nice place! The people here are friendly and caring, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I think they do a particularly good job with the food! It is tasty, and nutritious! They are very conscious of senior specific dietary needs, such as low sodium diets. It is a very nice place overall, they do a great job!

Overall, It's very nice.

I think the promise more than they can do. As far as the number of staff that helps people. Overall, its very nice. It's very well run. The inside of the facility is really clean. Everyone is very nice there. The residents and the staff are both friendly. The value is pretty good. I would recommend the Sunrise At Buckhead to anyone looking for a nice community. It has been an overall positive experience.

great choice

My husband was never able to really get acclimated. I do feel that they could have checked up on my husband a little more often. They do in house training, and I don't think a lot of the care-givers are as well-versed as I would like them to be.

That said, it is a very clean and friendly place and overall I would give them a good rating. It was a great choice for me, it's just that he declined so fast and just recently passed away at the time of this writing.

Looked very nice!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We actually toured (and ultimately chose) a few Sunrise communities in the area, and we were quite impressed with all of them. Sunrise at Buckhead was a nice looking facility, the staff all seemed very friendly, and the residents seemed well taken care of. It wasn't the community we ended up choosing, but they looked like they do a great job.

Unpleasant staff

I cannot recommend this place at all. I had nothing but bad experiences with the staff. The aide staff just give off the feeling that it is just a job and they don't care about the residents. And the head nurse is very unpleasant to deal with.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com Thank you, Sunrise Team

Beautiful Place

This is a beautiful place and it was comparable, price-wise, to others we were looking at but we have more of my family in New York/New Jersey area so I thought that would be a better place for my mom. She could have more people to visit her up there. That was purely a geographic decision.

Expensive

It was very nice, we were paying a lot every month and it was too much money, it took 45 minutes to an hour just to get over to visit and we wanted them closer. My dad was still pretty good when he was here, he broke one hip and then the other a couple of months later and he couldn't walk after the second surgery so he had to be put in a wheelchair but he was still getting aroudn pretty good. My mother had alzheimers so they were in the memory care unit. It was fine, just too far away and too expensive

Wonderful community, feels like a family

My parents are participating in activites and that's very good because before they were very isolated, they were ready to go to a place like this. I was the one to do it, both of them use walkers so I had to look at places and it got to the point where I was desperate and I didn't see anything that really resonated with me. When I got here it felt right, I literally had tears in my eyes. It's a very pleasant environment, very homie and there's lots of activites for people to get involved in. They know people by name, they know me by name and it's like you're apart of a family. It's always kind of distrupting when you're leaving what's familiar to you, it may have taken my father longer but he's found people that have similar interests and i got so excited when he told me my mom was going out to lunch with some ladies.

Great, Tenured Staff!

They've been flexible with my mom. What I like is that there is a very tenured staff so there is a lot of consistency over the years. The head of the memory care floor has been there for years, almost since they opened. She is used to train the other Sunrise properties in the area. Since there is such a tenured staff, that usually comes with good things for the elderly.

I've been pleased. I've learned this from first hand experience as well as growing up around elderly grandparents - nothing is perfect but this property is really good. They really try.

FANTASTIC!!

They were really, really fantastic. I have raved about them to so many people. I'm going to give them high marks accross the board - they really earned it!

The thing that made the difference was the staff. The people that worked there were so genuinely nice and patient and went above and beyond any expectations. They all went out of their way to help my mother.

like this one

like this one

Bistro. Otherwise, similar to the Ga...

Bistro. Otherwise, similar to the Gardens. Activities extra.