Heron House - Sarasota, FL

Not for us

It was not a good tour for us at the Heron House. The staff was not very friendly. We noticed that many were busy on their cell phones. The residents we saw did not look happy. It was not an inviting environment.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your visit at Heron House did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we address your concerns and make this right, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Taking Good Care of My Mother

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. They have a good staff in this facility, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. She is doing well, and this is a community I would recommend overall.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your recommendation of Heron House and we're so pleased that your mother is enjoying her home here. Our goal is to provide a 5-star experience for our residents and families, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us achieve that goal, please reach out to our Executive Director with your input. Thanks!

Great staff doing a great job.

Our Aunt of 100+ years was in respite care for 2 weeks at the Heron House for physical therapy. Most comforting was the residents accepted her as family. This only happens in a facility where the staff treats the residents in the same manner. We were very pleased with her stay and if needed we would consider Heron House again.

impressed with facility

Very impressed with the facility. The staff is excellent.

Great place!

I was really stressed out when moving my Mom. Luckily I was able to get a mover that coordinated the time of the move with me. The director Edie, met me at the front door when I had to drop Mom off and go back to meet the movers. They kept her busy till we came back with her furniture and moved her in. It went so smoothly.The employees are friendly, the food is great. My Mom has alzheimers so she complains about some things, but I don't think that it is the problem she makes it out to be. She doesnt like to join in the activities yet, so I cant really judge those, but from what I see the others seem to enjoy. It's out of my budget range, but I am going to make it work to keep her there. She is doing much better since she is no longer living alone.

Friendly staff

The communication wasn't that great. We had to talk about communication and how they should talk to me regarding issues with my mom. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable when I toured the facility.

I have been pleased with the care. Th...

I have been pleased with the care. The staff really tries the. Food is okay

The Right Choice For our family.

My husband has been in Heron House for only three days, but my daughter and myself feel that it was the right choice for my husband.

The facility is clean, the personnel is friendly and caring and we feel confident we made the right choice --- thanks to the efforts of A Place For MOM .

$5000 down, $2550 per month...

$5000 down, $2550 per month 1st person and$1,000 for second. If med management only 250.00 per person. Charge if trays delivered to room. Can tour weekends, just stop by

Attuned to Assisted Living

In terms of cleanliness, people at that age with declining abilities have a tough time keeping clean. With my father, his cleanliness is no where what it used to be, so unless you are going to follow him around, there's no way to keep it sparking clean. The people have been very welcoming and friendly.
They do variety of activities. My father likes the musical things, he likes the singers and those types of activities. He loves the food! The one thing that I find somewhat troubling is the communication to the family. They always call if something bad happens, but I would like it if there was a contact person that I could call to see if anything good has happened. For Christmas, I would have been interested in sending Thank You cards to the staff, but I had no way of knowing what is available or appropriate. The families are not as much in the loop of the day to day activities. I was an educator for more than 40 years and parents would call me if they had a question, and it would be nice to see that available at the community. Other than that, our whole experience has been a positive one. We really like that it's all on one level, and the community really specializes in assisted living. My dad called me one time to tell me that he couldn't get over the fact that they would let him walk right out the front door! He was expecting some sort of prison, but it's not like that at all. We are very pleased.

Down home comfort!

When I toured Heron House I was impressed with the fact that it felt like home. The staff was extra nice and welcomed me with open arms. As a new resident, I wanted to tell families that I came from living in my own home all of my life. I searched high and low for weeks until I found the perfect place for me. It was important to me that the community I choose was comfortable, clean and was able to help me with my medicine. I also wanted to stay busy. I am not one to sit around. Since I have been here I have made friends through the garden club, card games, movie nights and next week I am signed up to go fishing at one of the local piers. I can't wait! I am so glad I am here!

About Heron House

Heron House Senior Living Community is located in the heart of Sarasota, Florida. Our community is close to many award winning beaches like Siesta Key and located a stone’s throw from trendy downtown Sarasota. Our residents also enjoy the variety of restaurants, art districts and shopping the area has to offer. Heron House is proud to create an enriching environment for residents that are independent as well as those that may need assisted living and memory care. We offer a wide variety of activities from fishing on local piers to gardening. There is something for everyone at Heron House. We believe that a quality of life and a sense of purpose are extremely important for our seniors. Choose from 3 different styles of apartments ranging from studios that overlook our garden courtyard to larger one bedroom apartment with kitchenettes and large bay window. Heron House is also pet friendly.