Atria Sarasota - Sarasota, FL

Nice facility, but felt a bit older. Also as with others, it is too far from the things we love-the friendship center and main street in sarasota.

The Tour

I had a tour with this community and I did not like them. It had a smell that was not good. Because of the smell I ruled out them as an option for me.

6 weeks in...

Sales staff was very helpful in the move in process. Nursing staff is very attentive. Overall friendly people and helpful and caring staff!

Wonderful Tour, but Bad Location For Us

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind. The community looked good from what I saw. The staff I met was wonderful. My tour went well, but my brother wanted a community closer to him, and the family.

Absolutely amazing facility! I know my father-in-law would thrive there. But I do still have to tour a few more facilities before we narrow down his possibilities.

Care and Patience

The tour was very nice and staff was able to answer the questions we had. The community was clean and had a nice appearance. The menu was appealing. This is a nice place for the care of a loved one. Families would like this community for care and should tour for the care of family member

My second choice!

Brookdale Sarasota Central was a nice place but it was way too expensive. We wanted something temporary and for the price, it would not have worked out. The place was nice and I would consider them if we were looking for a permanent stay, but for now, it was not the best fit.

A nice community.

This looked like a nice community when I visited. This community seemed to be aimed more for residents that needed more nursing and medical care. The knowledgeable staff did let us know that mom did not need this level of care. This community is a little more expensive due to the level of care given.

My 88 year old Aunt loved this facility and [Removed]. She found everyone she encountered welcoming and loved the grounds/lake. The studio she looked at is large and has a complete kitchen with lots of closet and cabinet storage. She loves classical music and was thrilled to hear a string quartet comes to play on occasion. As a retired librarian found the library more than suitable- she stated, "I could live here and think I will be happy"!

A Community I would Recommend

This is a pretty nice community, and I know my wife, and I will be good with our move here. It is nice looking community. For the most part they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. They have been good at addressing my concerns, and making sure we are satisfied. The staff is great. It is a community I would recommend, it is a nice community.

We are happy!

The staff has been good with my friend. They have been very adequate and making sure that everything is getting done that needs to be done. He is happy with the services being provided.

Lakeside!!

The Brookdale Sarasota Central is a nice community. The place is clean and well maintained. The staff is all very friendly and the tour guide was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. They offered us the meals served in this community.

The best!

We really like this place and the people. I am very satisfied with the work that they do for my loved one. My loved one really enjoys it here. The community is clean and neat at all times. Couldn't ask for a better place.

The jury is still out

Our experiences with this community have been mixed. They appear to be providing our parent with good care. It is a nice looking community, but they are less than diligent about cleanliness of the actual apartment. It is still a work in progress. The process of Negotiation of the residency contract was very frustrating - a sleazy experience.

Good option

We moved my parents into a 2 bedroom unit (hard to find) this past week. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Clean, no smells, safe. Expected more food-wise since we had read such great reviews. Apartment had some issues that should have been addressed prior to move in. Slow to get these things fixed until the right maintenance man took over for us. It's only been 6 days, I am confident that my parents will be happy there once they learn the ropes of living in a senior community. I hope they participate in the many activities offered. This staff really does care. Would encourage others to consider Brookdale Sarasota Central.

Getting Settled In

I am finally getting settled into the community and things are going good . Everything is fine for me and I really do like this community . They have a very great staff here they are very helpful and kind . There are good activities offered here . I would give the food 3 stars because I feel they could have a healthier selection for us . I am happy and feel very comfortable here.

Lots of activities

Very health and fitness focused and with lots of activities and healthily options. Great pool with a slide and lots of fun.

Great place. Literally a municipality. It should have its own zip code. It has everything including a barber shop. It's clean, no ordors. Nicely laid out. The grounds are well kept.

This place is a huge dissappointment

We initially thought this was a great place for our parents to spend their golden years. Boy were we wrong!

In the beginning, things seemed ok but then the service and care rapidly declined and has not improved at all during the year they have been there.

The main reason our parents are in assisted living is to relieve some of the stress caring for dad has been on mom. He has some medical issues that require attention several times per day and can be quite traumatic if neglected. Well, despite the numerous conferences with the executive director, director of nursing (there have been 3 in just this past year and from what we understand, maybe now a fourth), and other staff, they still can't get his care right. They've apologized and promised to fix it, but they haven't. Now on top of that, they are now neglecting to come in in the mornings to help dad get dressed. They are still being charged for these services of course, but they are not receiving the care they have been promised and charged for. The executive director is now saying they have received consistent care all along.

Mom has some depression and anxiety issues and we have been promised that the staff will be respectful of that and not do or say anything to exacerbate that. Well, on numerous occasions, she has been told that the facility does not have supplies and she will need to go out and get them. This unnecessarily excites her and sends her into a panic thinking Dad will not be taken care of. We are charged for supplies and now we have to go out and get them ourselves?

Some staff members have also unnecessarily and falsely claimed to her that dad was "failing". Why say that to someone. The only good thing to happen at this place is the physical and occupational therapy. They have done wonders for them.

They have a doctor that comes to the facility which seems nice and all but she's just as awful as the rest of them. Won't communicate with family, spends hardly any time with the patients, and will not respect the patients' or family's wishes.

The place has been under construction since shortly after our parents moved in. It was supposed to be completed in January. Then April. It's now September and there's no end in site. Perhaps this is why all the rates have gone up. What quality of life is it for the residents when construction goes on early in the morning and late at nite and the whole facility is in a shambles? And instead of recognizing it as a detriment to the residents' well-being, they raise rates. When we go to the facility to pick our parents up, we often can't get to the entrance because it's blocked by staff cars. Dad uses a walker and cannot walk far distances.

Oh, and Mom LOVES bingo. They have it several times a week which is great. Except that they keep pressuring her to call bingo rather than hire someone to do it and actually LET HER PLAY.

What's the point of assisted living if they are not assisting the residents? We have to provide medical supplies, they exacerbate health issues, they refuse to provide the care that they charge for, the environment is barely livable, and they have minimal staff (and some of that staff has no business working with people).

A large portion of the nursing staff are kind, competent, and well-meaning. But the facility understaffs and forces them to delay care, if they get it at all.

We are pretty happy with them.

We are pretty happy with them. They are awesome, we don't have any complaints, or anything we want improved at this time. I would rate them very highly.

Very friendly, caring staff!

They've done an absolutely fabulous job at Waterside! I can't say enough good thing about them, they brought my Mom back to life! The staff are all very friendly and caring, and they genuinely care about the people who live here. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they have a lot to offer their residents! The food is very good, it is well balanced and nutritious. Mom is eating much better, and has even lost a little weight! We would recommend them highly to anyone looking into senior care in the area!

Lovely views from villas but carpet &...

Lovely views from villas but carpet & kitchen dated. Layout very functional.

“The Waterside team is dedicated and each team member brings a desire to improve the quality of life of each resident we serve.” Nestled on 18 beautiful and lush wooded acres, Waterside Retirement Estates is conveniently located on Bee Ridge Road between McIntosh Road and Honore Avenue, just west of I-75. Waterside is just a short drive from Siesta Key and Longboat Key beaches and close to the area’s finest shopping and dining opportunities. The community’s tropical campus surrounds a natural lake with fountain.

Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Waterside features its own beauty shop, walking paths, library, card room, full-equipped fitness center, billiards room, covered parking and heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Our spacious apartment homes and villas offer a variety of floor plans and views with stackable washer and dryers, emergency call systems, walk-in showers and individual climate control. There are even three distinct “neighborhoods” to choose from: Independent Living Waterfront Villas, Independent Living Waterfront Garden Apartments and the Main Building, which has both independent living and assisted living apartment homes. With upscale restaurant-style waterfront dining as well as a casual dining room, we offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with daily chef specials featuring regional cuisine and savory surprises.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for both independent and assisted living residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include “Aquacise,” tai chi, yoga, “Brain Busters” and “Mind Aerobics.” Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest – with the added security of a full spectrum of