Affordable With No Issues

My mom likes the community and she is settling in very well. They are very accommodating and we have not had a bad experience yet. The community was more affordable than others. I think the lady in charge of marketing, was really good at her job. She's also a nurse. It has been an overall good experience and easy to get her moved in.

Tour for care

This is a nice community for my father's care. We liked that the staff was helpful and able to answer the questions on the care that is offered for the residents. We liked the menu of the healthy meals and the activities that would have been helpful for my father's care. We would recommend that families tour this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your confidence in us!

Kind Staff

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went well, this is a nice community. The staff was very kind.

Good People!

The community was great and the staff was wonderful. the staff kept me well informed about what my loved one needed and how they are progressing. They offer a variety of activities for my loved to participate in. The provide healthy choices for my loved to eat.

Lovely. Warm staff. Smaller rooms.100 residents.

A very friendly place. It's a great place for mom.

The Heron East is a very friendly place. They provided great value. It's a great place for mom. The food is good. It's good, but it's not great. I would rate the food three stars. The location and parking is fine. Everything has been very good. I would absolutely recommend the Heron East to anyone looking for a friendly place with a good value. It has been a good experience at the Heron East. Four Stars.

Great place to live!!

My mom has been at Heron East since January 2015. She loves this facility and so do we, her family. She is very well taken care of and the staff is there to please. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted with a smile and a warm, friendly reception. My mom receives great care and all the residents seem very content in living there. There are many daily activities to keep the residents occupied.
I couldn't ask for a "better" place for my mom to live!

Wonderful facility for your family member

My mother has been in Heron East since February and I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff and the facility are. My mother is very happy and so is the whole family.

Compared to the last facility my mother was in this is indeed a breath of fresh air. I would highly recommend Heron East to any one looking for a place for their family member.

Good people, bad food

The people at Heron East were warm and friendly; A.
The physical building and layout; A
The nursing/aide staff was pretty good but short staffed at times; B+
The laundry service was very good; A
The food was very institutionalized food; F
Few of the vegetables were fresh. The cauliflower soup did not taste as if there were 1/4 cup of cauliflower in it. My mother was very disappointed in the lack of vegetables having been a nutritionist. The meat was not much better. She like chicken and fish in its simple form, without much processing. She gave up on the food and stopped eating near the end due to several factors.

SLC Southeast

We are disappointed to learn that your loved one did not have a better dining experience while residing at the community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents and we continuously ask for resident feedback via surveys and food forums to ensure we are listening to our residents. Please feel free to contact me directly to share more information on why we failed to deliver meeting their expectations and how we could improve the quality of services or care going forward. Barry Landreth, Executive Director [removed]

ecstatic!

I give Heron East five stars, but more importantly than that, my mom would give them five stars! They have really embraced my mother and fully brought her out of her cocoon and allowed her to feel like she is with family. I am just ecstatic! They have really been great. It is hard to even put into words how great the experience has been!

Beware of Additional Costs

The lowest listed price for a small studio is $2100.00 a month. But when entering, you will need to pay an extra non-refundable "community fee" of $3,000.00. If you are incapable of taking your meds., you will be charged another $250+ a month for them to administer them. If you need any level of care over the very minimum, it will be more than $300/ month more. So beware BEFORE you sign on.

SLC Southeast

I am sorry if you did not feel that our pricing was fully transparent. We always disclose our community fee, rental rates and care charges prior to move-in. While the community fee and rental rate are straightforward the care charges are based on an assessment from a licensed nurse. Prior to signing the lease the nurse will schedule an assessment, review the care plan and present you with your care charges. After move-in you will have another assessment every 90-days or upon a change in condition to ensure that the care plan is personalized to your needs. Please contact me directly to discuss any questions you have about your charges.

Barry Landreth
Executive Director
[removed]

Exceptional

I thought that was exceptional. I loved the way that it looked, and everything about it more than any other place. I loved the layout, the staff was really great, and the people were very welcoming. It just wasn't as accessible to me.

Gratitude

Heron East is so much more than a building or a place where my mother lives. It is a community where she finds security/safety, contentment, and daily structured care which meets her physical needs as well as emotional needs. The family of caregivers there, including the administrative staff, provides an environment in which my mom has found a certain peace, despite her health issues. From the family perspective, we find immediate response to questions and those occasional "system" issues which are always going to arise no matter where we are. We are very grateful for the exceptional care Mom receives at Heron East.

A Wonderful, Fun, Clean, Loving Facility with GREAT Food!

After many visits to see a dear friend that lives at Heron East, we decided to move my Father there too. I am so happy with the move. If was a difficult decision as my Dad has dementia and his needs can sometimes be demanding. It was such a good decision as he is now doing so much better than in his former location at another ALF. It's just wonderful to see him so happy. I just love all the staff. Their entertainment Director is so Great!. He really works to get everyone involved in many activities and I love it that they have so much "live" entertainment and all kinds of interesting outings and different events including a quarterly fun, free, family night with great food and live entertainment. I also enjoy all the nice "quiet" areas, different living rooms and a pool table area. The facility is so beautiful with pretty flowers and plants and a nice fenced pond with lots of turtles. But most of all the staff seem to truly care about the residents. They even voluntarily hung up all our photos and shelving and gave terrific suggestions on decorating when he first moved in. Our family is so happy that we found Heron East. And best of all...the food is fabulous! Dad loves having his eggs just the way he wants them for breakfast. Everything seems to be homemade and I love eating with Dad because the dining room is so pretty and spacious and the food is so yummy and a great atmosphere for visits. It's such a relief, knowing that my Dad is in a clean, safe and loving environment. The staff is so attentive and call me if there's anything unusual going on. I just love how they really care about him and want the best for him. And I love that no matter what the staff's position is, they all help the residents get around and find their rooms or help when needed. The staff really has such a positive attitude and it shows. Consequently, the residents all seem very happy. I just love going there. It's a fun place to be. If your looking for an Assisted Living Facility, you should definitely look into it as it's a wonderful place and my Dad just loves it there and tells me "I wouldn't want to be any place else!".

My Mom and I love Heron East

3 years ago my mother fell and broke her hip and was unable to return to her apartment alone. We were very lucky to find Heron East when looking for assited living. She has her own private room and bath which REALLY means a lot when coming from home alone, and has really been happy there. She wieghed 85 lbs when she arrived and has really flourished since moving in and has gained weight. Of course I cannot tell you her weight now (she would not be happy if I did) but the socialization has really improved her outlook on life. I feel very confident with the staff and feel each one cares about her as an individual. Having her cared for and knowing she has a place she can call home has made me feel so blessed in so many ways. Thank you to everyone at Heron East, from the housekeepers to the nursing staff to the management staff. A very grateful daughter!!

Heron East Assisted Living has been providing a warm, lively community setting and outstanding care for Sarasota seniors since 1999. Our dedicated and experienced staff reflects a stable team with many years tenure, offering more than 60 years of experience in elder care.

The City of Sarasota rests on the Western coast of Florida, right on Sarasota Bay, about one hour South of Tampa. Heron East is conveniently located for easy access to Doctors Hospital and I75, with many neighborhood restaurants, shops and physicians offices within 5 minutes of our campus and not more than 15 minutes from beautiful Siesta Key Beach and Sarasota’s picturesque downtown.

Approximately 112 residents make Heron East their home, each with their own private studio. Our residents make the most of life in this lovely plantation style community, where southern hospitality and home style cooking are a part of daily life. Residents enjoy visiting in our welcoming lobby and front porch, weekly trips shopping and out to lunch, exercise classes and frequent family parties. There is always an opportunity to share an interest or a story or relax quietly in a cozy garden or parlor. Come join us for lunch and a visit and see why we say we provide a lifestyle you’ll like at rates you’ll love.