Alderman Oaks Retirement Center - Sarasota, FL

Wonderful place to live. I am excited to move my mom here. Thank you to all the staff who are excited about working here, and caring for my mom and the other residents.

I absolutely LOVED visiting this community! I could easily see my grandparents living here. The staff were all very attentive to the residents' needs, the food was surprisingly amazing (Thank you Chef Mary!) and above all the residents seemed alive.

I was able to the painting class they offer, and it looks like a lot of fun. The jewelry class and nail salon also looked like fun activities for my grandma. I know they had many other activities, but those three really caught our attention!

I appreciate the affordability, and the quality is amazing. I'm beginning to think this is where I would like to live here when the time comes!

Our move in date is set for this fall!

A great place for mom!

We looked at several places for mom and Alderman Oaks fulfilled our list for the place we wanted. The management there was very helpful and took care of moving her for us. She is very happy with everyone there, the food, location, just about everything. It was so nice to meet the owner and know that he is around to watch over things and be there to answer any questions. There is only one draw back and they don't have a vehicle there to accommodate an electric wheel chair. They did say they would look into the matter! If I were looking for myself, that would be where I would stay!

Alderman Oaks is a senior rental retirement community located in the “Heart of Downtown Sarasota”. We are committed to providing high quality, high value, and affordable housing and care. At Alderman Oaks, we recognize and appreciate each person's God-given potential, individuality, and dignity.

We offer two primary Lifestyle Choices depending on the resident’s preference and needs – Independent Living & Assisted Living. And, our apartments are strictly rentals, thus avoiding risky and often costly investments associated with real estate. We also offer a number of options relative to Guest, Respite, and Seasonal short-term stays.

What Helps to Make Alderman Oaks Unique?

- Same local management and ownership since our opening in 1997
- Comforting home- and family-like environment
- Professional, caring, and attentive staff with very low turnover
- Wellness Program including YMCA membership and on-site supervised exercise 5
days-a-week
- Wonderful food that our residents literally “brag” about
- Conveniently located in downtown Sarasota, close to exciting activities and
events, with complimentary transportation

Along with the traditional programs and services offered by retirement residences, we have initiated ways to reach out and serve even broader audiences through Alderman Oaks LifeCare Services. We provide essential and timely resources in the way of seminars, workshops, forums, and other types of special events at Alderman Oaks - along with other community venues.

Alderman Oaks was the first area Retirement Residence to install Hearing Loop Systems. Join us for any of our LifeCare Services programs to personally experience the hearing loop system in our meeting room as well as T-coil equipped portable devices that address today’s vital hearing loss issues.