Brookdale Sarasota Midtown - Sarasota, FL

Brookdale Sarasota Midtown - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

Highly recommended

Very warm and inviting community. Highly recommend it.

Great Socialization

I just heard from my mother that the administrator is going back to her original community. Makes me sad but hopefully the new person will pick up where she left off making so many improvements. My mom loves living here and I sleep well at night. She gets great socialization she doesn't get when she is sitting in her condo watching tv all day. Had someone staying with her, but they just watched tv with her. Now she is active and staying healthy. Yay for Brookdale Sarasota Midtown. Thank you!!

Best place

They have a beautiful walking path that I love. I come to this home for the winter and really miss it during the summer months. But I need to spend time with my family while I can. Eventually this will be my permanent home. I love the live entertainment, the meals taste great, my room is always kept clean. I won't be back until October, but the Director calls and checks on me and has even sent a couple gifts to keep me smiling. They always make me feel as if they really do care. See you soon folks.

Great place for your mom or dad

Love love love having my mother at Brookdale Sarasota Midtown. From the Management staff to the people on the floor doing direct care, we love them all. The home is warm and inviting. Lots of new changes and I hear more to come. Highly recommend them.

Perfect mix of amenities, great caring staff

Perfect for my father--in-law. He felt very comfortable there from the start, making some new friends out in the smokers patio, "food was very good", continued his usual daily Manhattan at "mix and mingle" enjoyed bingo, field trip to good will, accomplished a lot with physical therapy. Main thing is we had peace of mind that he was in a place that "felt right" in the way the residents seemed happy and welcoming, the staff and especially activities director watched over him carefully and knew just the right things to do to ease the transition to a new unfamiliar place.

They were awesome.

They were awesome. They were the only place that were able to help us. We just needed a short respite stay. They did a wonderful job, and she had a fantastic stay. They did a good job taking care of her. I absolutely think they should get a five.

Small, and very expensive relative to other places with a similar feel and amenities/services. No outside grounds, so very much an "inside" place.

My mother lived there under the supervision of [removed] when it was run like a large family. Employees were happy, residents were happy and the place was clean, food was good.
Now under the direction of [removed] who has a closed door policy, it has all changed. The employees are still hard working ,but stretched thin. The residents has seen the loss of activities, decline in food quality, and cleanliness. Either the director doesn't care of has no control over corporate. Why isn't corporate aware of what has changed and if they are why haven't they done something about it?

My Dad is depressed but in spite of t...

My Dad is depressed but in spite of that really likes the friendly and empathetic staff. The other residents also really rallied behind him when my mother went back into the hospital. Its clear they are happy to be there.

Not Enough Aides

They don't have enough caregivers for the level of residents - they have residents at high levels of care and they could use more staff than they have. Cleanliness and friendliness is fine, but on the third floor there is never enough help. I think they do admit people with a high level of care, but they took "dementia care" off their board out front so now it just says "assisted living." It's the kind of place that if you have dementia, you might have to pay for a chaperone at lunch, and at different times to accompany you to different activities, if you want to go anywhere in the building. It is a very comfortable place, but is best if you still have some independence. The food isn't wonderful, and if you eat in the café it might not be hot. I have a limited experience here since my client has dementia.

Brookdale Sarasota Midtown provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.