Brookdale Phillippi Creek - Sarasota, FL

Brookdale Phillippi Creek - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

Other options

I toured this community for the care for my mom. I was happy to know that they offer a nice variety of meals, but I was not comfortable with the community not being clean. We did not want my mom here if they could not make sure that the environment is clean. The staff was nice and the activities would have been helpful. We feel that families should tour the community on their own.

Figuring out the new policies

We are still trying to clear a few hurdles at the Brookdale Phillippi Creek. They have made some changes in the policies of what they now offer and the things they have changed were the main selling points of why we signed up here. They no longer offer a happy hour for families to get together, and they were to provide a medical service of making sure my dad would take his medication for dementia. Now patients have to remember to go to a nursing station for their meds. There is a major fee associated with this service when we signed up and now the service has been changed we are still trying figure out the details. The staff is super friendly. It is comparatively clean community compared to others we have seen. There are activities offered for the residents if they want to participate. They were offering weekly grocery shopping trips, but lately, they have been canceled, I'm not sure why.

A tour for care

We toured this community for my father's care. We liked that the staff was helpful and able to answer the questions on the care that is offered for the residents.The community was clean and we liked the variety of activities and the choices on the menu. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Tour for family

I toured this community and I liked the staff and the care that would have been available. They have a lot of this to help with him to have been active. I would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one. This community was clean with a nice environment.

They really do care!!

I would recommend this community because they really went out of their way to help us. We knew when we were looking that it would be temporary and they bent over backward to accommodate us. I would give them 5 starts on being flexible. Sometimes we would come up with a thought and they came up with a better one. The facility is clean and beautiful. The people in the finance department have been flexible with us, everyone is very helpful.

Mom and Dad's new home

[Removed] spent a lot of time with my mom and dad and I when we toured this facility in January. He introduced us to the Brookdale Home Health Care and their therapists. My parents used both of these services in their home before moving to Phillippi Creek in April. A big plus was being able to choose a meal from a menu.

To expensive!

Everyone here was very nice and they seemed to go out of there was to make sure that the tour was a success. The community was really beautiful and they had a lot to offer to the residents. That is probably why they were so expensive.

Friendly and warm

We have been so welcomed at this community. Mom has fit in so nicely and the managers were there to help us all along the way. It is an older building but very homey and clean. I understand from other residents that a lot has changed along the way with new managers. Residents do seem happy. I haave had lunch several times with mom and it was pretty tasty. The administrator made herself available and is often seen throughout the building. Staff acknowledge us when we come in. One lady at the front desk isn't always nice, but we just let it go. So happy mom is safe and is making friends.

We had a rough start

We had a rough start, the room wasn't ready, they did offer us another one, but that didn't really work. They contradicted a lot of what was in the contract. [removed] There were some issues getting care started. We have gotten it cleared up since then. The activities are mostly geared toward the ladies. The food and the service in the dining room are good. I liked the director, and I liked the pricing and the suite. It's very clean, and the reception was nice.

Friendly, caring staff

Overall we have had a good experience so far with Brookdale Phillipi Creek! The staff here are friendly and helpful, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here! My only complaint is I believe that they could be a bit more on top of maintenance issues, and respond to them more quickly.

Needing SOME SERIOUS TLC

the facility needs to be update as well as cleaned in side and out side the building . My moms room is cleaned and linens changed once a week , the exterior of the building needs to be pressure washed as well painted the scrubs out back meaning the landscape is a mess , garbage from the facility hanging in the trees out back , the kitchen staff force the residents to eat there food and the food is not even cooked on the property , the refrigarators are empty and and bread left out over night uncovered on the counters , chairs are dirty .

Emeritus at Sarasota:My experienc...

Emeritus at Sarasota:

My experience with Emeritus at Sarasota has been a good one overall. The facility is kept clean, and the caregivers provide good care. Right now, they are in the process of merging so there are some staff that are good and should be there, and others I feel should not. I do feel my loved one is happy there, and overall I am too. I would recommend Emeritus at Sarasota to others.

Good place but could use some improvement in some areas.

My mother does complain about the food quite often but after 2 mos. she has learned to ask for more of what she likes.
We were told there were various ministers that visit and provide church services but this is not the case. The only church service is a mass on television.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Problems are taken care of when you know the right person to go to.
Activities are not the most creative.

When I go in I see activities going on something always seems to be going on.

When I go in I see activities going on something always seems to be going on. I had lunch there and it was adequate. I've been there probably three days where I came, I'm not there all the time to see everything. I'm answering for the memory care center, some of my answers from what I saw walking through the assisted living side outside of the memory care center would come up a couple of notches. It was a combination of why I chose it, I saw the management team had done a good job at another emeritus, so I felt good about the direction I thought it would be heading and, the price right. I've enjoyed working with the folks at A Place For Mom, I stumbled into the organization we had to move and move fast they gave us some places to go look and some names to work with, I was coming from ground zero almost with what I was looking for. We didn't live there so we had to do it on the fly come down do it fast and come back home, it was an interesting experience.

It was a Godsend, it was really a nice find.

We felt very, very pleased, they were very, very professional, and the staff was wonderful, and the nurses were wonderful, the facility offers everything that you can conceive. I think it was a good value they offered wonderful activities and dining, and laundry. I don't think they could have improved on anything, it was a Godsend it was really a nice find. We had very little time to make a decision, and we were able to qualify, it was affordable and offered the most. There was one nurse that was just absolutely outstanding, Bruni, she helped me so much to understand as far as my husband's medications and so forth, and another gal Connie on the kitchen staff, and she was just outstanding too as far as trying to meet any dietary needs he had, and the Marketing director Jared, he was the one that really helped me fill out the tons of paperwork. We were so thankful that we had found them and that they were so kind to us. I would also like to mention Joann the receptionist because she is like the gatekeeper and she always made sure that if I called morning noon or night to check on my husband that I always got through to exactly who I needed at the right time.

Beautiful, well kept, spark...

Beautiful, well kept, sparkling clean and friendly. I was greeted by everyone I passed, including residents. The sales manager was properly dressed in a long-sleeve shirt and tie. Knowledgeable and outgoing. The room was well done.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system