We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Nurse on Call
Asbury Gardens is a retirement community dedicated to assisting seniors with daily activities. Our residents have private apartments, private bathrooms, and community access to our gorgeous courtyard & gardens. Our building's amenities make for a full day every day by including a game room, a country store, a salon, quiet sitting areas, and a spectacular solarium. Our creative activities staff ensures that each day is filled with exciting opportunities on the schedule.
We cook three delicious meals a day for each resident, offer weekly laundry & housekeeping services, daily medication management, and a constant sense of security thanks to our 24-hour staff. Our staff of Registered Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, rotating physicians, and health specialists provides a spectrum of wellness services to all of our residents. We also house a beautifully renovated & secure memory care program, where all of these services and more are offered.
As part of the Illinois Supportive Living Program, we are able to provide financial assistance to eligible families.
We are so proud of our culture & care at Asbury Gardens and we hope you'll join us for a tour of the community!
Asbury Gardens is a retirement community with private apartments in North Aurora, Illinois.
General City Information
North Aurora is a suburb of the Chicago metropolitan area. The population estimate as of July 1, 2016 was 17,426 residents in North Aurora.
- Walkability Score: The walk score for the Asbury Gardens retirement community is 25, indicating that most errands require a vehicle. The commute to downtown North Aurora is 11 minutes by car and 20 minutes by bus from the community.
- Average Age: The 2010 census showed the median age to be 36 years.
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are four senior housing facilities located in the 60542 ZIP code, including Asbury Gardens.
- Average Weather: The average annual temperature is 50.15 degrees F, and the average annual rainfall is 37.67 inches.
- Veterans Facilities: The Aurora Veterans Outpatient Clinic is located less than 1 mile from the Asbury Gardens community.
North Aurora has several options for public transportation, including two bus routes, three taxi services, one car service, and UberPool carpooling services. Ride shares and trains are also available in nearby Aurora for travel into Chicago.
- Buses: Pace has two bus routes that serve North Aurora: Route 802 - Aurora-Geneva via Lake and Route 524 - West Aurora.
- Trains: While there isn't a train station in North Aurora, a park and ride Metra station on Route 59 links Aurora to Chicago.
- Taxis and Car Service: Options for taxi/car service are Efficient Taxi, Urban Taxi, North Taxi, and Out & About Transportation car service.
- Ride Shares: UberPool options in North Aurora take locals to popular destinations such as Chicago O'Hare International Airport, and vanpool services offered through Pace run from Aurora to Chicago. The Aurora Township also offers a low cost curb-to-curb senior transportation system called Ride in Kane.
Health and Safety
North Aurora is a safe place to live with low crime rates and several nearby hospitals and medical centers.
- Hospitals in the area: Hospitals within 10 miles of Asbury Gardens include Presence Mercy Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente Hospital, Rush Copley Medical Center, and Copley Memorial Hospital.
- Crime Rates: On a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, North Aurora has a score of 13 for violent crime, which is lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also low, with a score of 26/100 compared to the national average of 38.1.
Sports and Leisure
Seniors can enjoy golf, tennis, swimming, or group fitness classes near Asbury Gardens.
- Golf Courses: The three golf courses in North Aurora are Valley Green, Orchard Valley, and Bliss Creek.
- Athletic Centers and Fitness: The Vaughan Athletic Center, which is within 10 minutes of Asbury Gardens, has tennis, fitness, and aquatic centers all with discounted rates for seniors. The Aurora Township also offers adult recreation programs including group aerobics four days a week.
Shopping and Entertainment
Asbury Gardens residents can enjoy shopping malls and a selection of grocery stores, restaurants and attractions.
- Clothing Shopping: Nearby clothing shopping can be done at the Chicago Premium Outlets (10 minutes), Kohls (20 minutes), or the Fox Valley Mall (20 minutes).
- Grocery Stores: A Save-A-Lot and an ALDI sitwithin 10 minutes of Asbury Gardens.
- Restaurants: Denny's, IHOP and The Olive Garden are also close by.
- Movie Theaters: Hollywood Palms Cinema is the closest movie theater to Asbury Gardens.
- Libraries: The Aurora Public Library is about a 20-minute drive away. This library also has a bookmobile housing a large collection of books and videos that makes frequent stops throughout the city and at community events.
- Salons: The Sojourn Salon, On the Edge Salon and Spa, Great Clips, and the Hair Cuttery are a few of the many nearby salons.
- Attractions: Some fun nearby attractions include the Aurora Regional Fire Museum, the Philips Park Zoo (free admission), and the Paramount Theater.
Within a short distance of Asbury Gardens is a full selection of churches, mosques and synagogues to choose from.
- Churches: Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church, Highpoint Church (non-denominational), Cornerstone Community Baptist, Union Congregational Church, St. Rita of Cascia Catholic Church, Westminster Presbyterian Church, and more
- Mosques: Fox Valley Muslim Community Center, Islamic Center of Naperville, Mosque Foundation
- Synagogues: Temple B'nai Israel, Shir Hadash Synagogue, Northbrook Community Synnagogue, Adat Hatikvah Messianic Synagogue, and more