Haven House of Ocala - Dunnellon, FL

Great place

Wife has been there for a few years. Staff are great. Keeps her busy. She seem to like it. And has her favorite staff she visits.. daily

Haven House works for my dad.

I needed to move my father from a non-secured ALF to a secured ALF due to the increase in my father's Dementia. Though this facility is not as close to my home as I would have liked, everyone there was very friendly and very helpful in assisting us with getting my father moved in quickly. His room is bigger than the previous facility he lived in. He does have behavior issues and they have been very good at keeping an eye on him and having him see the doctor that comes to the facility in order to monitor behavior changes that sometimes require medications or changes in medications. I cannot say that my father is happy there but honestly, he is not happy anywhere since my mother passed away and especially since the Dementia has accelerated over the past 6 months. I know that he is in good hands and feel confident that they will call me if any emergency arises.

Hollie Bragg

Good Day Deborah,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Thank you so much for your kind words. It is a pleasure and a privilege being a part of your Father's life. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to add to his quality of life.

Haven House to the rescue

My 94 year old father is so happy at Haven House. He's well taken care of, loves the activities and raves about the food. It's reasonably clean (I'm sure they keep it as best they can) and the staff is so nice. It's such a relief to know he's so well cared for. Thank you Haven House and it's hardworking crew.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall we are pleased with how things have gone with Haven House! I looked at quite a few different options during my search, and I felt that Haven House was an excellent balance between quality and price. I also felt that during the sales process the administration at this facility was the most honest and forthcoming about their pricing and what they provide.
The facility itself is generally clean and well kept, and the care staff are patient, accommodating, and overall very professional. I have been particularly impressed by the woman at the front desk, she is perhaps the best multitasker I have ever seen! I've seen her hold 3 different conversations at once while still writing a note out for me.
There are a few areas I believe they could improve in, however. I was not particularly impressed by the food I was served when I ate lunch here, although the residents seemed to like it just fine. I've also had a bit of trouble getting my loved one's medication integrated into their system. They have a specific way they do thing and it hasn't meshed well with my loved one's current medication provider.

Hollie Bragg

Thank you for your review... Please reach out to our Executive Director and our Chef so we can personally take care of your concerns. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to create a positive environment here at Haven House.

Lots of actvities

They’ve always got something going on. There is a nice courtyard. They could use another handicapped parking space, otherwise it’s okay. The food is okay. They were a clean community and the staff is friendly enough.

Bad Enough

First of all, it’s not very clean. Extremely dingy and smelly and populated by people who are really uneducated and in bad shape. Jacques hated it and could not adjust; I took him out after 2 weeks and they would not refund, even though the contract says they will. They explained that they had given me a respite rate and therefore they didn’t owe me anything.

But that’s not the horror story.

From time to time, Jacques makes sense so I listen to him. He called me the day after I left him there and told me that his pillow was so awful that he wouldn’t let our cats sleep on it. I drove right up and took him a new pillow with a new pillow case. I took their pillow—stained, gross and threadbare—to the office and really politely said, “I’m sure you’ll want to throw this out”. She agreed. When I went back two weeks later to pick him up, the same disgusting pillow was on his bed. I told Jessica and she said that she thought they had thrown it out. Yeah, right. It took them an hour to find my pillow and pillow case, which they had given to somebody else. I threw it away, of course.

Is that bad enough?

Overall I really like the people...

There has been a bit of turnover, they were just recently bought out. I knew that there were some changes going on. The business manager is filling in, but I feel like they aren't as quick to respond as I would like. There has been a confusion with prescription ordering. I would definitely reccommend it though. She is really happy there. Overall I really like the people, and I talk to all of them from the people who wash the floors, the aids, the dining staff, all the way to the business director. It's really nice, it's very clean, the food is good.