New Horizon Senior Citizen Home - Inverness, FL

New Horizon Great Care to the Elderly who live here

All the staff were very kind and helped with my mom's move from home to New Horizon.

The food is wonderful here.

The care is very good, my mother was always clean, and looked good.

Not the right fit.

I visited this community on two occasions. I was trying to get in touch with the director to find out the details of the VA qualifications. The housekeepers ended up giving me the tour of the facility. I noticed that a little more upkeep was needed in regards to the odor, and it was in a bit of disrepair. My other concern was that even though there was not a lot of traffic, the residents could wander into the road.

Disappointed in the care they provided!!

I do not have much to say about this community other than the face that I am not pleased with the care they provided my mother. Within the first ten days of my mother being there she had fallen and broke her hip and now needs more care than an assisted living is able to provide. The thing I am most concerned about is the staff was supposed to keep a close eye on her because of her age and they have no idea how it happened or when it happened. She now has permanent damage to her legs.

Very happy with our choice...

My mother in law is enjoying living in this community. She has adjusted very well, the staff was very helpful in the process as well. The people here have very good to communication skills, we had some concerns, in the beginning, my loved one wasn't getting showers but as soon as we brought up the incident, they were very quick to fix it. My mother in law likes the meals. She has not had any complaints with them. The place is clean, it's just an older building so its hard for it to look very clean at times. Overall we are very happy with this place.

Wonderful place!

My loved one really loves the workers and the residents here. They have all been very helpful in making the transition good for my loved one. My loved one loves to participate in bingo and some of the other activities that they have. The community and my loved ones room is always clean and tidy.

Thank you for all everyone does here. Itis a home like setting and my mother aadjusted very well. All staff is very friendly and willing to help to help you.

Did not suit our standard of living quality

My father was in this facility for a couple weeks. I am aware that people love their animals and they are a big part of their lives. For those with allergies or do not care for pets, it is not the place to be. The dogs allowed on the furniture in the sitting areas for residents was a turn off to my family. Although the staff was friendly at all times, the cleanliness was not up to par. The dr. at the facility was wonderful but my father was so relieved when we brought him home. There was no one there that he could communicate with.

Mother's Next Residence

Mother and I found that the facility was not a Taj Majal, but a warm, friendly place that more then meets her needs. The staff, Yolanda and Dawn were great. Answered our questions with out hesitation or hype. We saw that the residents were clean and happy. The other staff members helpful and friendly. The facility was very clean and it is where mother wants to reside. This ends our two year search for her next residence.

New Horizon was not what we...

New Horizon was not what we wanted. There was no independent care available, no kitchen facilities , just a small bedroom.and a roll in bath.