Highland Place - Inverness, FL

Highland Place - Inverness, FL has yet not published prices.

Room For Improvement

We were delighted with our tour and this lovely community. After our loved one's first month in residence I can say that she is still adjusting to the change in life. Having come from her private home, living in a community with caretakers 24x7 is very different for her. The people at Highland Place have been patient and kind during this transition and I'm certain it will all work out. One thing to know is that there is no smoking permitted in the building, anywhere. She has to walk outside to a bench that is a ways from the door to smoke. She is a lifelong smoker who now needs the folks at Highland Place to walk and stay with her. Had I realized this would be the case I would have probably looked at a different residence. We are very appreciative with the extra attention shown to our loved one and the smoking accommodation they have made for her. I would recommend Highland Place to others looking into care options for their folks.

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my dad and I when we had a tour of this community. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I liked that the floor plan was open and it was easy to navigate through the building. Overall it was a great place it was just not the right location for my dad in the end decision.

Very homey feel!

The only reason we did not choose this community was the cost. It a beautifully well-maintained community. The inside was very comfortable and had a homey feel to it. The staff seemed very friendly. They provided a very knowledgable and comprehensive tour.

The Experience For My Mom

Mom has been starting to settle in and I think she is doing much better. They should consider working with oxygen tanks. My mom does not go to the dining room because she cant take her oxygen tank down. When I am there I help take the tank down. Otherwise, the staff bring her meals to her room if needed. There was a little issue with the medications. My mom is enjoying the meals pretty well and they have substitutions available. The girls are all nice and helpful. They assist with her showers, provide housekeeping, and wash the linens. I wish they had a newsletter with the menu and activities for the month. They only have one activity board on each floor and the menu is by the dining room.

Wonderful Chef !!

The meals and dinning experience have been excellent as well as the wonderful chef who is always making new and and exciting meals for my loved one.The activities are great with many different musical events for the residents .I would suggest that the community get a back up generator to remain on campus for emergencies and safety for the residents since it is a two story building.

It was very nice and the staff and residents were very friendly.It was one of our top choices.

The rooms here is nice and open and have a lot to move around. The outside is good they have two different porches that can go outside and sit down. The director, the staff and even the other elderly are really nice. I couldn't have asked for a better place.

Review of Highland Place in Inverness, FL

My dear loved one needed more help than I could give. Our search for a loving, clean, happy community was found here, at Highland Place. A nicer, cleaner senior living home is what we wanted. Our search ended when we found Highland Place.

Review of Highland Place in Inverness, FL

I visited all the A.L. facilities in Inverness looking for the "right place" for my 88 y/o mother. Initial impression was very important. Friendly and welcoming, caring skilled staff, cleanliness, onsite medical and restaurant style dining with a great variety were a must. Highland Place has it all and made my decision easy. Convenience, care, and peace of mind, Highland Place has it all! It is by far the very best choice for you and your loved one(s).

Review of Highland Place in Inverness, FL

As a POA of one of the residents, I am mostly impressed with the welcome and family atmosphere at Highlands. The mood is always happy and helpful. It is clean, the food is delish and the surroundings are beautiful!

Wonderful Home for Mom

When looking for a new home for Mom, we visited every
ALF in this area. Highland Place was Mom's/our clear favorite. Not only is the food great, but the apartments are kept very clean and the grounds are lovely. The pleasant atmosphere is inviting. Mom enjoys the activites and has made many friends. The best thing about Highland Place, though, is the competent, friendly and caring staff. Mom is treated with dignity, respect and kindness by everyone, regardless of their position. I visit her several times a week (unannounced) and consistently find the same level of excellence. It gives me great peace of mind to know she is so well cared for. I heartily recommend Highland Place to anyone looking for a wonderful place to live.

Very friendly staff!

Overall our experience with Highland Place has been a very good one! The staff are all very friendly, and they've just been wonderful. Anything we've asked them to help with they've been more than happy to do. The facility itself is very nice, well kept, and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here!

Review of Highland Place in Inverness, FL

Highland Place has greatly exceeded our expectations in providing our loved one with a safe, caring and nurturing environment. The administration and staff have worked diligently to help our dad feel "at home" - even assisting with the care of his beloved pet. I've highly recommended this facility.

Warm, friendly and safe

We looked at several places for Mom before deciding on Highland Place. When we first walked into Highland Place we felt as though we had been welcomed into someone's home. Mom has been here for several months now and our first impression was correct. The staff is extremely friendly caring and competent. If we need to leave town for a few days, we know Mom will get the best of care.

Good decision for Mom

When my sister and I realized my mother could no longer live alone, we were fortunate enough to find Highland Place. We were very impressed with what we saw. The facility was welcoming bright and sunny with a super friendly staff. Mom has been a resident for over a year now and keeps busy with daily activities and looks forward to an occasional lunch at near by restaurants. I live near by and visit mom about twice a week. The staff always greets me with a smile and updates me on how Mom is doing. Last night I stopped by and had dinner with Mom and afterwards was entertained by Ball Room dancing!
We are comfortable with the decision we made for Mom.

A Very Special Place for Mom

It is so hard to leave your parent anywhere, when you just cannot be there. It's so hard for your parent to stay somewhere when you just cannot be there. My mom and I went for lunch at Highland Place, and to take a look around. Everyone was warm and welcoming, the lunch was delicious. They have the cleanest kitchen I have ever seen. All the food is fresh, no frozen foods here. We got to sit in on some activities and they showed us the room mom would have if she decided to stay. Highland Place is small, personal, clean and staffed with the greatest, most dedicated and professional people. When a medical issue arose they competently took great care of my mom and all was well. Mom looks forward to staying again on my next trip. This is a very Special Place.