Brookdale Citrus - Lecanto, FL

Brookdale Citrus - Lecanto, FL has yet not published prices.

Mom mom's care

My mother was a resident at Colorado Assisted Living for over 5 years. They were able to help me care for her from stage 3 Alzheimer's through hospice care. My mom felt comfortable in their smaller, warm home like environment. I was very thankful to find this gem.

Nice Tour, But Did Not Care For The Memory Care Portion

If only I could relocate this building (it is on a busy road) and move it closer into town, this would have been the best place for our loved one. When I toured this community people were happy, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and well cared for and security was excellent. I think that Brookdale is a reliable company with a good understanding of how to run an aging community well. The memory care area we saw was well staffed and busy with lunch. It wasn't the best food we saw among the other locations but folks there seemed to like it. Given its location it just wasn't going to work for us.

Wonderful Community

Everything is going well for my mother-in-law at Brookdale Citrus. She is settling in quite nicely. It is a beautifully well maintained clean community. The staff is very friendly, caring, and attentive to her needs. They offer a wide variety of activities and amenities that she enjoys, Bingo is one of her favorites and they just had a class on learning how to use Tablets! We have dined at the community with her and the dining is excellent, we enjoyed the meals provided. I would highly recommend Brookdale Citrus to others.

Great events!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and although he has a hard time adjusting we are pleased with the overall facility. I like that families can participate in some of the events they have going on throughout the week. I enjoy being able to go down there and encourage him to get involved in some of the activities with the other residents. The staff are very friendly and I am comfortable with the care they are providing him.

Nice property!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where polite and helpful during our visit as well as answered any questions we had for them. The property was clean and had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents it was just not the right location in the end decision.

very nice place and very clean. Staff were friendly and I was impressed with the common areas and room size..

Older Community for care

We toured this community for care for my mom. The community was older and we did not think that this would be a good fit for my mom. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

We had an appointment with [Removed], She is great, She made [Removed] feel at ease. She gave her the grand tour. The place is immaculate. Since it is a little above her budget, she is still thinking about it. Just hope the entire staff is as amicable as [Removed] is.

Next to a highway!

I would not put my mother in this community because it is right next to a highway. The place has minimal to no security so any resident could just wander off and walk right to the freeway. The place was nice and the lady that took me on a tour was short, I liked her. It was not what I was looking for, though.

All Is Good In Memory Care

my mom is doing great in a nice community. The meals and activities are good for her. She is in Memory Care and she does pretty well in there. The staff give me updates about how she is doing and they give her sincere care and doing well with providing care.

Satisfied with My Mother's Move to This Community

I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. Everyone has been very kind, and accommodating. She has her good days, and her bad days, but I know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is wonderful, they are starting to understand her ways. I really love this community and they have done for us. My mother is doing well here, and I would recommend this community.

Very special place, the staff that I met were so kind and knowledgeable, I was impressed with the activities that are available. Very nice outside area. The atmosphere was very positive.

Good Tour, But Small Rooms

My tour of this community was nice. From what I saw the community looked good, everything was nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. I didn't like the room they showed me, they were a bit small for my taste. My questions were answered, they were informative as well. It was a good tour, but not the place for me.

Nightmare.

The food their is mediocre at best. The staff that takes care of the medicines is rude and hard to work with. VERY EXPENSIVE, they don't do what they say they do - example: they get laundry mixed up all the time and you end up with other peoples clothes, bedding. Gross.
The Executive Director is a nightmare - very standoffish and rude and if you remove your parent/grandparent from their facility she calls in a false report of abuse and neglect for the Department of Elder Care to come to your house and investigate you. She made the call while I was moving my relative out there and had the nerve to say to me that day "should you ever need help with anything just call me" she then stabbed me in the back. She needs to be fired. I am consulting an attorney for her false abuse report.

Director

I was over there twice today. I have been the main person to go visit her. I think she is doing ok. She seems to have found a friend. The director of the memory care has a very negative persona. She could have a better attitude when dealing with certain issues.

Clean and friendly at Brookdale

The staff at Brookdale Citrus is always friendly and helpful. Its always clean, fresh and tidy everyday!

Doing a fine job

Overall we're pleased with how things have gone at Brookdale Citrus. The facility is clean, the staff is friendly, and the food is good! They're doing a fine job. My one complaint would be that I think the staff could be trained a little more thoroughly, in things like being able to help out residents with hearing aids, etc.

It is very clean and the staff is very polite.

We are pretty happy with them. It is very clean and the staff is very polite.

A nice and calming environment but with enough scheduled activities to keep a person socially active. Small enough for any needed personal attention. Easy to find your way around. Was impressed with the director and her vision for the place.

The staff was very friendly as well as the residents. It was not the right fit for us at this time. The level of care is more than what we are looking for at this time.

Very happy with this place!

We're very happy with how things are going at Emeritus at Barrington Place! The staff are all very friendly and professional, and take great care of the residents. We're very appreciative that the people here understand the difficulties faced by those with Alzheimer's disease, and that they are patient and understanding in their care. And I'd also like to mention that the food here is amazing! The chef here really doesn't not get the recognition he deserves! The food is consistently great, and the dining service is fast and friendly!

Excellent facility

My mother has been at this fine facility for almost two years now and is still as happy as the day she went in. Her days are filled with all kinds of activities and the food is great and plentiful. I visit at least once a week at different times and always find everyone happy. The staff truly cares and it shows. You will be happy to have your loved one in this facility I'm sure.

Liked very much,clean large...

Liked very much,clean large private rooms, has a homey feel. Friendly staff.

Great First Impression

My visit to see Barrington was so interesting. The residents were having a Valentine Day party with a band playing Frank Sinatra tunes. I saw the room that my dad will share and it was bright and clean. The staff seemed friendly and concerned.

Warm and friendly

Everyone has been great and helpful in helping us get the room ready for my husbands brother and his sister-in-law. We are looking forward to all the things they have planned for everyone that lives there. The home is clean and well kept and the staff is great, and the food is good.

I went to the facility and ...

I went to the facility and it was very homey. Staff good, manage easy to deal with, I got a good vibe about this place.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you every day.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Citrus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Brookdale Citrus family. Through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, we offer unlimited opportunities for you to get to know other residents and us. Call to set up an appointment for a tour because we delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system