Harbour Village - Greendale, WI

Mixed review

Harbor Village is quite clean & the staff are very friendly. They are quick to address any maintenance issues. There are numerous musically presentations. And the food is wonderful. All in all this is a good value.

On the other hand, the wealth of listed activities is somewhat overstated. For instance the current events item which looks like a discussion in the coffee shop is actually a sheet of the day's headlines left on a table. There is no bringing together of residents for a guided conversation. The bridge club is a group of 3 ladies (4 are needed) organized by a resident and they rarely get together.

Mom thought the community was more fitting for her, smaller and less overwhelming. She talked to several residents and they were very encouraging and welcoming. [name removed] was a great source of information and help.

The tour was complete and not hurried. All facets of the facility and programs were covered and the tour of the rooms very complete.

Things have changed

2 years ago I would have rated a 4 overall.
The new leadership with [name removed] has diminished the care and safety of senior in assisted living and memory care. She doesn’t listen and worse doesn’t care. Water in gathering room was taken away and none is offered between meals.
Laundry and assistance with showers is not done. Very simple tasks.
Nurse leaders don’t know residents after two months. Therefore residents are not called by their name.
Caregivers are frustrated and have no support. They are very very upset with leadership.
There are many high quality places nearby. Please do not place your senior family members at Harbour Village
They can change this around with a significant change in leadership beginning with [name removed].
I am sad my parent was here

Beautiful! Friendly staff, the live in guests were happy, that's Everything!

We were really impressed with Harbour Village after touring other places. Everyone was friendly. The residents we were introduced to had positive things to say about living there. There was a great singer entertaining and we had a fantastic dinner.

We have decided to place my mother with Harbour Village. The facility is fantastic and the staff is wonderful. After looking at so many places I though t all was lost. After touring Harbour Village my faith has been restored. This is a wonderful environment and I'm certain my mom and family will be very happy there.

Tour went well we are moving toward a decision in april.

I loved this place. Apartments were beautiful but very cramped if trying to get a kitchen table in for more than 2 people. Both [name removed] and [name removed] were wonderful help, could not have been kinder. Very impressive place, just that my parents decided to stay in their home before they even began touring places.

PLEASE RETHINK...

My mother was in senior living and enjoyed her stay there. Once her health regressed it got worse. The assisted living program was to take care of her needs. Far from the truth...
So understaffed...no qualified CNA's on staff at all! Staff was a revolving door. So frustrated! They are charging her $7,400.00 a month and no one is there to change her. No bath given ...just sponge baths. I had to wash my moms hair because they said they could not! She gets constant UTI's for lack of changings, bed sores because they are left alone all day, she was sent to the emergency room for a dislocated shoulder, as well as becoming septic! Now that she is gone through her life savings they do not want to care for her. Please take them to a better location...I cry everyday for what I see her going through.

Bad experience

To start off, my experience with this community is pretty bad. What I think it came down to was my loved one needing more assistance that the staff team wanted to give. My loved one was there a short amount of time. Between the 24 days that she was being there, she was only actually there 7-9 days. She has dementia and we talked to them about that. When I would go to visit she would say “he was being too rough with me”. My opinion of rough and her opinion of rough are 2 completely different things. So I wasn’t really too worried about it. A little while later, she had a fall there. They called me and said that they had to take her to the hospital. I went there, she didn’t need any type of surgery, but when she got out I noticed that she suddenly developed a ring bruise around her pinky. I asked her what happened and she said “one of the nurses was being rough with me”. Staff is slow to respond as well. My loved one wore a button on her wrist and it would take 15 minutes sometimes for someone to show up. She told me that there were times that she waited 30-45 min. Now because of her condition I didn’t think she could comprehend time. So I didn’t think much of it. There’s a lot of back and forth with myself and the staff. On the second day that she was there my daughter, who is a CNA, stopped by to visit her. There were no sheets on the bed. The staff said that my loved one ran out of clean sheets. So my daughter went out and picked some up, but we came to find that there were actually clean sheets in the dresser. The staff was just too lazy to put them on the bed. After her first fall of 2 ½ days, her mental status really seemed to be altered. I wanted to keep a closer eye on her so I visited her more often. One Friday morning I received a phone call that they found her face down next to her bed. They thought that she was having a stroke, but we don’t actually know what happened. They took her to the hospital and I stopped over there. She was in bed; she vomited, and then just fell out at some point. Regardless of what happened gravity just took over and caused her to have major brain bleeding. She would have to go into surgery. Unfortunately, she fell into a coma and never woke up. When I returned to the Harbor I saw the vomit and the blood on the floor. We stopped by there a couple of times during the week and it was still there. It was just left there and no one would clean it up. We talked about it to the staff and basically said it’s kind of disgusting and disturbing that we have to keep looking at this. One of the ladies that looked at the room said I didn’t tell her about the mess in there. I shouldn’t have to tell her how to do her job. It seems that everyone just passes the buck and no one is acting like an adult to own up to anything. I would tell them that they never did laundry for my aunt. She still had clothes from last week in her basket. They then took it and those clothes disappeared. They presumably washed the sheets too, but they also disappeared. The only thing that we received back was her basket and her comforter. No one ever did anything. It’s not often that I get speechless, but with this I just couldn’t believe it.

Great communities was one of top 2 facilities on list. Only thing lacking for mom and dad was weekly Catholic services on site.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community!

A little too big...

I toured Harbour Village with my mom when we were trying to find a place for her to live and it was just way too big. Everything is too far spread out and she can’t walk all that far. From what I could tell, I think they have really good food and a great menu and there seem to be a lot of variations. It’s a very nice facility, it’s just too spacious for her and I think the price was a little too far out of our range as well. They did seem to have a lot of activities set up but I didn’t get a chance to really take a look. For my mom and her needs, we couldn’t choose this facility, but I would recommend it to others.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation of Harbour Village; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you visited us!

Was very interested to tour this facility since it's location is very convenient for all of our family members. Entrance into Memory Care Area was quite odd and confusing if you were unfamiliar or a first time visitor. High ratio of female patients, only 8-9 males. 2 outdoor secured courtyards on the smaller side. 50+ beds divided into 4 "neighborhoods" with 13 residents each on 2 floors. Only a private room available, room was of nice size with a large window. Private bathrooms do not have showers/tubs. Shower room is shared by 6-7 patients and they must be escorted by a staff member. staffing ratios 1:6.5. Facility is 20+ years old and decor was dated, carpet spotted and snagging in some hallways. Toured between 4-5 PM and residents were clustered in a living room area, TV was not on and staff was not actively engaging with residents. Units had a full activity schedule posted but we were not there during any of the activities. Our tour guide said they going to be starting a new program with new games starting in November. Care costs were very comparable to other toured facilities but there was also a $3,000 buy in fee.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

Very interested in this facility. [Removed] was very informative and spent enough time with me to understand my mom's situation. Clean and well kept. Taking my sister for a second tour.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we appreciate your review and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Nice Community

Harbour Village was a nice and clean community. The staff was friendly and helpful. We weren't sure if it would be a good fit and a close enough community for our family and to be close to her Power of Health.

SLC Midwest

very nice facility, [Removed] was very friendly & helpful.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review!

Satisfied

My father in law is well here in this community. He is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. We satisfied with this community overall.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

This was a nice tour

I had a nice tour of this community the staff answered my questions and did great on showing me around. I felt that the rooms were a bit small and I was not sure that it would be a good fit for my mom.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Harbour Village did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Tour for options for care

We toured this community and the staff was nice and able to help us with the questions that we had. We did like the building. The menu is appealing and the list of activities are available for the residents. We would suggest a tour of this community for other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for recommending our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

LIKES, convenient location,transportation within 10 mi. liked dining set-up (need to sched lunch)friendly. Continum of care. NEGATIVE-no direct access from apart. to outside. Parking $55/month addl, small dogs only.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your review; we appreciate your feedback!

Visited facility July 20. I liked the activities list, though I doubt my dad would participate.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

16 Wonderful Years

I have now been here since 2001 - that's 16 Happy Years!
There are so many great people (residents and staff) to enjoy around me.
We have many interesting activities to be involved in, including bingo, card games, trips, book club, kiking, crafts, movies and discussion groups.
Harbour Village is pleasant and friendling living.

Great facility!

From what I saw of this facility, it is a great place! The facility is beautiful and the staff seemed to be very friendly. In the end, we did not choose this facility due to its location, but it is still a nice place!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Great Meals!!

I was a little worried at first with moving my father into this community on how he would do, but so far everything has gone great for him. Nothing is perfect and we have had a few bumps in the road but nothing that has not been resolved. My dad has really enjoyed the food they serve as well as the dinning experience with the other residents. I like that the facility is very clean and always well maintained.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director if there is anything more we can do to make your dad comfortable in his new home.

All is Well for Us Here

Very nice community, my mother in law is doing very well since her move here. We do feel she is receiving good care, and in good facility. Everyone has been very helpful, and kind. Overall all is well, and I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review and for your confidence in us! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director if there are specific areas you feel can be improved to achieve 5 stars. our goal is to provide the best possible care for our residents and we appreciate your input.

Mom is Still Transitioning

When I went to visit my mom, she told me everyone was treating her well and she likes the residents who live there. She is still getting use to the community and it looks like it is going okay so far. I have no complaints. Everybody is extremely caring and when we ask what is going on the staff are upfront. I would recommend and have already recommended the community to someone in need.

A good tour!

When I toured the Harbour Village, I thought it was a very nice place. The community was clean and the tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and I did not see anything that needed major improvement.

Older building...

The Harbour Village was a very nice community. It was an older building but the distance from the apartments to the main areas was a big far. Also, the location was not the most convenient for me. It was not what we were looing for.

Lying Sales Rep

I was told my first year's rent would be frozen for 2 years, now I find out that the contract was not updated with that agreement... a small fortune. I guess I should have been less trusting of the sales staff.

Great Care Is Here

Since moving my parents into this community, it has been wonderful for them. My dad had his last resting place here and during that time they gave great care. My mom is still here and she will get to enjoy the care and community lifestyle.

Staff is very friendly and caring. The buildings are very spread out and the hallways seem very narrow and not well lit. It's too much walking for my dad.

My Thought Of The Tour

The staff at this community was nice when we visited. The community seemed clean. They offer some daily activities. I would have chosen this community if it was closer to us.

Everything We Could Ask For!!

I could not say enough good things about this community. The staff is wonderful, very accommodating and friendly.When they have concerns, they call the doctor themselves, rather than waiting for me too. My loved one receives all of her therapy in her apartment. The room she's in is perfect for her, there is room for all of her belongings. When I expressed the concern of my loved one not interacting enough, they assigned her seats at the lunch table and now she has 2 new friends. My loved one was having trouble reading the menu, so now the staff goes up to her room half hour before supper, and they read the menu out loud to her and let her chose her meal prior to going down to eat. The menu offers 3 entrees, and as they walk into the dining room, samples of the entrees' are displayed so the residents can see the portions and know what they really want before they order. I would definitely recommend this community, and if you call to ask about it, ask for sean. He is the head director and he is amazing, he'll show you around.

More than what we asked for!

I have nothing but good things to say about this community. From the time I toured with Nancy who was awesome and very helpful to the time I placed my loved one here the staff has been awesome. They offer packer games and they go on outings. This place is way more than expected and I like that. They go over and above for their residents.The meals are healthy and good size portions. We just love this community. They also provide a awesome Sunday brunch that my loved one loves.

Great so far!

The staff at the Harbour Village have been great with mom's transition to Harbour Village. They have made her feel very welcome and we are satisfied with the care that they have provided. Mom is very happy at Harbour Village!

Very helpful staff. The place is great. Lots of activity and engagement by the community

Nowhere but Harbour Village for my mom

I have to admit, I've never had my mom anywhere except at Harbour Village in Greendale, WI. And I never would place her anywhere else. She has been there since 2010, started in the Independent Living area, and now in Memory Care. We also live in Greendale, so it was a natural choice for us. The staff, many of whom have been there for years, is caring and conscientious. The suites are small, but mom has the most amazing view, looking out on two gardens. Mom is 94 and going strong! I go to visit several times a week, and also eat there occasionally with her, so if anything were amiss, I would know! If you're looking for peace of mind for your loved one, Harbour Village is your place!

Mom liked the staff

Mom liked the staff at Harbour Village. The value is in line with everyone else as far as I know. She was happy with the care. She had physical issues but no mental issues and could be stimulated a little more. I know mom would like more arts and crafts. Mom was happy overall and that is the goal. It was nice to have physical therapy on the premises which is why we chose this place.

Average Facility

They really were not ready for a move-in. There were things that were broken and not painted and so on. They did okay getting stuff repaired, but I would rate that a 2. They are probably average, but they are also a premium price, so the value is not there.

SLC Midwest

We are extremely humbled individually and as a Team when we fail on the details mentioned. We apologize as the apartment was not up to our standard as well as the Resident and their loved ones. This has engaged us further in improving a checklist process to the future. We are passionate about our residents and strive to provide best in class care and service each and every day. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you contact me directly to further discuss your valuable feedback. Sincerely, Mark Heuer – [removed]

Very accommodating

She has not been there for a very long time, but they have been very accommodating. She seems to be very comfortable there and I really like the place and she seems to also.

Mom is very happy at Harbour Village

We are Thrilled with our experience. My mother has lived at Harbour Village for 2 years in various stages of care. She started in independent living, then progressed to assisted living light, and is now moving to full care, assisted living. We are so happy with the caring, responsive staff. The food is good and the programs are fun and age appropriate. My mom said she is busier than she has ever been. We rented a two bedroom even though she is single as we thought the transition would be easier. There was plenty of room, my only complaint is that the only air conditioning is in the living room. This wasn't a huge issue for mom as she likes it a little warmer anyway.

Bottom line - terrific staff makes all the difference. I would highly recommend Harbour Village!

It's been outstanding the staff has been excellent.

It's been outstanding the staff has been excellent. She loves the food. It has been a wonderful experience. This came highly recommended from a lot of people. When I saw the room, I was amazed at how sunny and nice and bright it was. They were pretty comparable in price to others in the area, and they were very reasonable with the care charges. They should get a 6 out of 5, it has been an over the top good experience. She is thrilled to be there, and I have peace of mind.

Staff is excellent and my Mom loves it there

Not a good fit.

I guess I would keep it short. I visted for a tour for my mother and found everything to be fitting in the community, however I was very dissatisfied and quite frankly uneasy with the Director of the community. His demenour was very inappropriate, his wandering eyes left me with an immediate decision that Harbour Village would not be a good fit for my mother.

Okay, but not 'premiere'

Apartment was not REALLY ready as promised (counter-top was not replaced; one broken drawer slide; new carpet, but hard floors were dirty; entry way not painted; bathroom faucet broken; toggle bolts on toilet were not cut; etc.).

SLC Midwest

We appreciate you taking time to review our community. Unfortunately this apartment was not up to our standards as a community for when a new resident arrives. There was a delay in the counter top being replaced as it was on order and a number of the items listed were in process during the actual move-in. We have since assured all items were discussed with the residents and appropriately taken care of to meet their satisfaction. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions.

Mark Heuer
Executive Director

They Care, but Could Be More Connected

They could be more connected with family. We are no longer with them, we moved my dad out. Access to the room was really difficult, sometimes we had to wait 20 minutes and that did not make me feel good. It's a locked unit, but I think there response time could be better. It seems like they really care about the residents though, so I have to give them kudos for that.

The People Make It

They exceeded my expectations. I think that the thing that stuck out in my mind the most was how everyone was very friendly and caring. The people are what make it. The food was good, I ate there a couple times.

Excellent memory care unit

I think they do an excellent job overall at Harbour Village. My loved ones are in their memory care unit, which is well organized and well laid out. The staff are friendly and professional, and do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

Very updated main area's. All three levels of care are available. Each unit is bright and roomy. Large closets. Storage in the basement. Underground parking available. Pet's are OK. Laundry facilities in each wing for use by all residents (no charge). Apartments are heated with electric and cooled with window air. Definitely worth a look.

Too smallfor both parents...one needing assisted living and one that doesn't. It is 808 sq ft., very expensive $5,600 per month. Step in bathroom barely fits a chair inside, etc.

Very Nice place and well kept

Harbour Village Rocks!

My mother is 10 years younger after being at Harbour Village for 6 months!!! She is active every day, walking, exercising and socializing. She loves the activities such as bingo, movies, Packer games and events. The food is great. The staff is fantastic. We have taken advantage of the physical and occupational therapy services as well as the podiatrist which are on sight.

Homework Pays Off

My Significiant Mate and I toured Harbour Village with Jenny who was very energetic and passionate about showing us how wonderful Harbour Village is. We toured 8 facilities and called one and decided not to tour that one. Narrowed it down to two facilities and decided to see both of them back to back on the same day which we did earlier when we toured places and it just happened that way. This time we had an appointment with Nancy and knowing that we had already toured I was expecting a quick tour. Nancy showed us and explained everything that Jenny had and she also took her time and did not rush us and both asked if we had any questions and gave me honest answers. They were genuine and not trying to just sell me like a car sales person. After touring the other 7 places I fell that Harbour house is the perfect place if there is such a thing for mom. We decided on Harbour house and I was moving a big TV stand in and was struggling a bit and a young fellow that works in the food dept. asked if I would like some help so that made a real good impression in me. Then we we were moving things in on Sunday and I had a lot of things on the second floor in the corner and the two weekend nurses just picked things up and put them in mom's room. On Saturdsy my Significiant Other had the door closed and someone knocked and the person who would be taking care of mom during the week introduced herself. She was interested in knowing about mom's morning, afternoon and evening routine and what activities she enjoys and any favorite foods. She told us she is excited to meet mom. For us it was good to feel comfortable that mom will be in good care and have lots of activities. Food looks good and staff extremely friendly. Youknow when you go to places how employees do not want to be there or just go through the motions. The staff is really into their work and they take pride in their work and mesh well together. We made a very good choice.

My dad has adjusted well at Harbour V...

My dad has adjusted well at Harbour Village. My dad has never been a real social person, but since he's been there, he's doing both inside and outside activities, even kickball. They gave him the opportunity to do extra curricular activities which I'm very happy about. The staff is fabulous. My dad thinks the world of them. They are jovial, and very attentive to him and how he's feeling. I'm satisfied overall.

I had a tour here and it was horrible.

I had a tour here and it was horrible. They have a beautiful facility, but from the time I walked in the door, I was not impressed. The woman behind the desk was too lazy to even get up. She didn't listen to me and thought I wanted to visit a resident. She showed me to a room where the people were all slumped over and half asleep. The woman who was going to tour me wasn't in the right building so I know she wasn't listening when I said I was interested in memory care.

SLC Midwest

The team at Harbour Village and I, as the Executive Director, are disappointed to learn that the you did not have a better experience while visiting our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care to our prospective families and residents. In order for us to learn more about your individual experience, I’d appreciate it if you would contact me directly in order to share more information on how we failed to meet your expectations while visiting and how we could improve the quality of services or care going forward.
Please feel free to call me, Michele Carlson, on my direct line at [removed] or email me at [removed] with a good time and phone number to reach you.

Awesome Home for Our Parents

My siblings and I chose Harbour Village in Greendale because it is a community where our parents can share the same apartment, with mom living independently, while dad receives assisted care (he suffers from dementia). My parents left their homestead of 52 years and it was important that we find a place where they will experience all of the warmth and comforts of 'home'.

Very nice place. Location ...

Very nice place. Location is not convenient for us.

Mom was here for a really long time, she really liked it.

We were very happy with Harbour Village. Mom was here for a really long time, she really liked it. It's not new but it's a very nice community. She just started to need a higher level of care.

very nice facility. Only t...

very nice facility. Only the laundry room was not in the individual apartments.

Some Issues With Activities

I think it's horribly expensive but it's comparable to everything around it so I guess it's fair. They have group exercise, movies, cards and games, and a group outing but they are not always happening when they say they're going to happen. My mother doesn't like the food but my father seems satisfied with it.

Great People and Food

The meals are a five, I know that because I had one there. That was very good. My mom hasn't joined a lot of the activities. She talks to a lot of pleople but she hasn't gotten into the activities yet. I know she will eventually but she's more relaxed right now. She's very happy there. They have bingo, wii games, sing-a-longs, buses for church and the grocery and wallgreens. There are a lot of things.

When we went to tour the place everybody was great. The place was really clean and it was easy to talk to people, even the residents. It seems like the people really care.

A little pricey, better choices avail...

A little pricey, better choices available form a cost standpoint.

Clean, secure. Stark decor. Limited s...

Clean, secure. Stark decor. Limited space. Not as friendly staff. Community shower/tub. Smaller rooms. Some outside area.

4th floor 1 bed 600 sq.ft full kitche...

4th floor 1 bed 600 sq.ft full kitchen with micro. $3,600 includes assisting daily + 3 meals a day 8:00am 12:00pm and 5:00pm Does have guest apt for $60.00 a night + breakfast. $11.00 for dinner. No outside noise.

Great place and people but too isolat...

Great place and people but too isolated for mom.

Is this an option? Last time they wan...

Is this an option? Last time they wanted 2 years of private pay. Liked their cuing support and efforts to keep the residents involved in daily activities.

Excellent for me, too big for ma.

Excellent for me, too big for ma.

Very nice people. No washer/dryer in ...

Very nice people. No washer/dryer in apt. Apt. is rather small.

Harbour Village:
Harbour Village is a senior living community in Greendale, Wisconsin that provides independent living, assisted living and memory care services to senior citizens.
With a convenient location just outside Milwaukee, Harbour Village retirement community in Greendale offers independent living, assisted living and memory care to suit your unique needs. Designed for those who want companionship and amenities in a stimulating environment with a hospitality-centered staff, Harbour Village senior living in Greendale complements the best of Living Life. Join us at Harbour Village where your next adventure is just around the corner. Attending a Milwaukee Brewers baseball game, or going to the Milwaukee Public Museum. The options are endless at Harbour Village. Relax. It's time to Live Life to its fullest... at Harbour Village.