Hickory Park - Greenfield, WI

Very inviting and comfortable

My aunt lives here currently and I think things are going very well. She likes the way she’s being treated. The staff has been very good, we haven’t really had any issues. She likes the food and there seem to be plenty of options to choose from. They have a few activities like bingo, games, and movie nights. They also show the Packers games! During the holidays they had tons of parties and they’ll typically throw events for whatever season it is. The building itself is very nice and outstanding. It appears, to me, as a five star hotel more so than a retirement center. It’s very inviting and comfortable. They’re able to give her the specific care she needs while still feeling like home. I would absolutely recommend this place.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Hickory Park; we appreciate your feedback and we're delighted that your aunt is enjoying her home here with us!

The kitchen does not have a stove. This is a location that includes meals in the base price and therefore is not right for my mom who likes to cook. If you are looking for meals, this may be a good choice.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your review of our community and we're so pleased that you toured with us!

Spacious but not TOO big

We chose this community for my mom because it was close to my house, but mainly mom liked that the facility wasn’t too big. The apartments are spacious but everything is close enough together so that she doesn’t have to walk long distances and she loves that she can keep all of her own things with her. She hasn’t been there long but so far I’m happy with the staff there and she really loves the food. It’s actually one of the biggest things for her. They have a decent menu and there seem to be a lot of different options to choose from. The facility itself is very clean and they do laundry once a week. I’m not sure how often they take out the trash but the trash cans are always empty whenever I come around. They have a lot of different activities to participate in; even when we first moved my mom in, they were having an Oktoberfest with a huge buffet and music. I would definitely recommend it here, my husband even asks about when he can move in!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Hickory Park. We appreciate your feedback and we're delighted that your mom is enjoying her home here with us!

Great Community, Wonderful Staff

Hickory Park is an excellent community. The staff and the way they took care of us from our first encounter there when we toured until my father’s passing, they met us with dignity, attentiveness, and caring. My father really liked that they spoke to him, not over him to me instead. They acknowledged that he was making the decision to live there as well. The community itself is clean and well maintained, and my father really liked that he was able to change his own room temperature, as he was always feeling cold. The floor plans were large, open, and bright. He was always very excited about the food and the many options at mealtimes, and couldn’t wait to have guests so he could share the experience. There were many activities at the community to bring the residents together, all of whom were very friendly. I liked that there was also a nurse on call at night, so if there were any issues, I was relieved to know that help was close by. Hickory Park was wonderful to us, and I would recommend the community to others.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we appreciate your review of Hickory Park and we're honored to have provided care for your father!

Very nice. ..a bit far and pricey. Would recommend for someone else. [Removed] was a pleasure to speak with. The gift package at end of tour was a nice touch.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

When I walked in Hickory Park, I thought WOW, it's just like a hotel. I have been living here now for almost 2 Years and it feels just like home to me. I like how it feels safe with the 24 hour Caregivers. There are alot of activities to do and everyone is really nice!

SLC Midwest

Karen, thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you are enjoying your home here at Hickory Park!

LIKED: clean, conventient location, transportation
NEGATIVE: no assigned or underground parking (DEAL BREAKER)

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Hickory Park was not a five-star experience. We want to understand and address your concerns, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Not my favorite!

My tour of Hickory Park did not go well at all. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk was not there. She came back after a while and said that she also was in charge of bingo. They were very short staffed, so it was not an option for me.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Hickory Park was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Friendly staff!

During my tour od the Hickory Park, I thought it was a very nice place. The community was clean and the tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and I did not see anything that needed major improvement.

I really didn't care for the location when I immediately drove in for a visit. The person I met with was very nice and answered all of my questions. I was glad to see this property last out of the 3 because I was able to ask appropriate questions based on the other 2 I visited. I was very surprised that they use what seemed to be one common room for almost all activities... Crafts, movies, church, entertainment, everything else under the sun. The woman said all meals are included and she boasted about the menu and food. The price for what was included seemed to be incredibly high and certainly more than I would pay even if it was within our budget.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for coming and visiting us at Hickory Park. We value your feedback on our community. I would love to speak with you further about your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out at your earliest convenience to Noel Pakulski, Executive Director at [removed] or [removed]. Thank you.

A nursing home?

Looked at Hickory Park,we arrived during the evening meal. We were surprised to see the number of wheel chairs at the tables, and more being pulled and pushed in Looked more like a nursing home that an assisted living facility.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback from your visit at Hickory Park. Our residents' care and safety is always a number one priority. If there is any further information you would like to share with me, please contact me directly at [removed] or by email: [removed]. Thanks again. Noel Pakulski, Executive Director

Needs cleaning

Family took a tour. not impressed, needs a good cleaning inside and out. Carpet torn and need of cleaning.

Help needed At hickory Park

We have a parent living there. we have seen many changes in the past year. Not enought staff. meals not up to par. More needs to be done, maybe new managment is needed.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you and your parent’s experience has not met your expectations. We really strive to provide the highest quality in all areas at the community. I appreciate your concerns and insight and would like to speak with you further about you and your parent’s experiences at our community. Please contact me directly. Thank you! Noel Pakulski [removed].

On the day that my mother transferred, they called and asked what she might want for supper so she had something to eat when she got there even though it was after their dinner time.

very pleased

I am really very pleased with Hickory Park. I love the way they guided me through the process in a tough time. Mom feels really comfortable there. The staff is very welcoming and friendly to everyone. Mom felt comfortable there right away. The food is really good to. We just found it to be a very good value and would highly recommend it.

Great tour and maintained well

I am very well pleased

The services are very good, with the exception of the service in the dining room. The food is good, but the service is lacking a small bit, due possibly to the staff needing to be better trained. Other than that one small critique, I am very well pleased.

If possible try for a unit on the top floor

I signed a one yeasr lease, will not renew. The noise from many 2nd and 3rd floor units is unreal. No thought is giiven to curb the noise.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I am truly disappointed to learn that your experience while residing at Hickory Park has not fully met your expectations. I would like to hear more about the noise issues so that they can be addressed to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. Noel Pakulski, Executive Director, at [removed] or email [removed]. Thank you!

Second shift care giving is unsatisfa...

Second shift care giving is unsatisfactory. More money is spent on things that will help sell new customers than on care services. Residence are fearful of change and are reluctant to complain.

SLC Midwest

I am truly disappointed to learn that your experience at Hickory Park has not met some of your expectations. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. We have created a culture with our residents and staff that is welcoming to anyone that may come to visit. If you could please contact me directly to share more information on how we could improve the quality of services going forward I would appreciated it. Please contact Noel Pakulski, Executive Director, at [removed] or email [removed]. Thank you!

Feedback for my Mom

Hickory Park has done an outstanding job in resolving a challenging situation with my mother. They were able to quickly assess and accept her at their facility after a very harrowing experience with another senior living facility.

Pricy, but the Cadillac.

Pricy, but the Cadillac.

Reasonable Price

We don't use any care services, except for housekeeping. All of the residents have buttons they can press if they need anything, and from our experience, the response time is extremely slow. Based on our experience, she would have to wait a considerable amount of time for someone to come and escort her to the dining room, or other things of that nature.

There are activities, such as BINGO, etc. Once a week, they cut out coupons to send to the troops. The activities are social, but they seem a bit mindless. However, they do offer trips to Wal-Mart, and other destinations in the community.

They are able to adapt to the level of care that we were looking for, and with that, the price is extremely reasonable. The other places in the area charged much more for services we didn't need, so the price made the most sense for our situation.

SLC Midwest

I am truly disappointed to learn that your experience while residing at Hickory Park has not met some of your expectations. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. If you could please contact me directly to share more information on how we could improve the quality of services going forward I would appreciate it. Please contact Noel Pakulski, Executive Director, at [removed] or email [removed]. Thank you!

My visit

I visited the Hickory Park community and found it to be very nice for what I was looking for in living. Everything about it from the staff to the care needs was of comfort to me. The only downside to the community was the price i was willing to pay, I just felt it to be out of my price range.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to recognize our best-in-class staff and care. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss our affordable living options at Hickory Park. We want to ensure we have explored every option to allow you to live in comfort at Hickory Park. Please call me directly at [removed], Noel Pakulski, Executive Director.

New large building. One-bedroom apart...

New large building. One-bedroom apartments are spacious, however they must be furnished (furniture and appliances). 56 units in the building. Nice dining room and a lot of amenities. Price seems to be reasonable for what they make available. Staff said they can provide till end of life.

Very impressive on my visit. New faci...

Very impressive on my visit. New facility with resident apartments very similar to Clement Manor. Meals are restaurant quality. On site physical therapy. Nursing on site. Question if they would be suitable for my fathers depression/mental illness. 56 Bed Registration suggest they do not accept public funding or residents with mental illness/depression. Private pay for two years before acceptance of public funding

helpful tour, possibility

helpful tour, possibility

Great chef and food. Includes 2 meal...

Great chef and food. Includes 2 meals per day. All apartments are the same whether they are Assisted or Independent. The one and two bedrooms have separate bedrooms, bathrooms, and there is a small kitchenette which includes a small fridge and a microwave. All utilities are included except for phone and cable.

I called her Monday. Impressed with ...

I called her Monday. Impressed with place, not impressed with her.

Nice, try to accommodate all levels o...

Nice, try to accommodate all levels of care needs. Didn't see a lot of male reisdents. Does accept pets.

Hickory Park Independent & Assisted Living in Greenfield, WI, is in the center of the action in Milwaukee County. Bordering on Hales Corners, Greendale, West Allis, New Berlin and Franklin, this thriving village is the fourth largest community in Milwaukee County. Minutes away from shopping, doctor’s offices, museums, restaurants and all the great things that Milwaukee has to offer, Hickory Park provides country living with big city attractions.

With one and two bedroom apartments, residents enjoy many great amenities including weekly light housekeeping, customizable meal programs, flat linen service, independent activity room and so much more! Hickory Park Independent & Assisted Living, offers levels of healthcare service, allowing residents to age in place. Residents are cared for in a secure and safe environment.

CRL Senior Living Communities, like Hickory Park Independent & Assisted Living, specialize in operating and managing innovative senior residences that deliver the highest standard of care in specially designed therapeutic environments. We at CRL meet the needs of seniors with independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s/memory impairment care communities. At Hickory Park Independent & Assisted Living, it’s all about caring, dignity, and family through healthcare innovation!

Housing Type
Independent Living, Assisted Living.