Maryville Adult Home - Huntington, NY

A good solid and simple place for an elderly person

The home is pleasant and seems comfortable. The rooms are clean and the atmosphere relaxing. Its a nice place and meets the needs of my mother. Im very happy that my mom is here.

It was very depressing. I would never put my parent s there

Tour for care

We toured this community. We like talking with the staff on the care that was needed. The community has a clean environment and the menu seemed to be appealing. We like that they had good activities. The community did not have what was needed for the care we were looking for. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care that is needed for a loved one

We like it!

They have been doing a pretty good job with mom here. It is hard to say if she likes the food, but it seems alright to me. The community and moms room is always kept clean for her. They do offer a lot of activities that the residents to can do.

Review of Maryville Adult Home - Huntington, NY

Small with lots of personnel attention. Only CNAs and HHA on site although Visiting Nurses are available. Personal attention was paid to all residents. It was obvious that Sandy knows all of them. Bedrooms were small but adequate.

Not acceptable

My father was being pushed out of the hospital and I was desperate to find him an assistant living facility. I toured the facility and was told that the there are two residents per room with a bathroom and each a dresser and that the shower was a community shower. additionally, I was told that the residents are showered each day and clothes are changed.

Unbeknownst to after he was transferred and my mother signed the paperwork, my father was put in a room with two other men, no dresser and shared a bathroom with the two men and a nurse room adjacent to theirs. Also, I saw my father three days in a row and my other four and he was still in the same pants, I changed his shirt each time I was there. He told me he only showers every three days.

The living quarters are tight and it seems that they are over crowded for this facility. The residents sit in a living room all day. there is no arts and craft room, no exercise room, etc. just one big room with chairs and couches.

I feel this facility only takes them in and babysits. My father was severely depressed until I told him we will be moving him out shortly. His motivation has changed and his health is getting better. If he was to stay one more month I believe it would have killed him.

If you want to just drop your parents off and forget about them, this is the place. But if you want their quality of life to be good don't bother touring the facility.

Very nice place!

They do a fantastic job at Maryville Adult Home! The community is warm, homey, and just really feels like somewhere we think our loved one could be comfortable. The staff is very and helpful, and they have a very high staff to resident ratio so everyone gets the attention that they need! The staff are very involved with each resident, and I have had the caregivers make a number of suggestions of ways we can work together to improve my Dad's care! I really have nothing but good things to say about them, it is excellent care for a very fair price!

EXCELLENT

Administrator Sandy Spielman is probably why they named SUPERSTORM Sandy on Long Island. She is absolutely unbelievable. The facility runs like a clock. Probably due to the fact that that she can multi-task to an extent that it trickles down to all of the personal there.
I am at ease knowing that Mom is being WELL taken care of.
With sincere gratitude and the highest of recommendations.
Liz

Very happy with this place

So far my family is very happy with this facility. It's a nice looking place, and all of the staff have been very friendly. The owner is a wonderful person to work with! My loved one has really shown improvement since moving here, she is eating much better and has put on some weight!

Could be more communicative.

They could be more communicative than they were with the Long Term Care provider. They have been accommodating with the process though. They have a big holiday party going on this week. We chose this one because they were not very expensive.

Personal Attention and Care

What I like is the personal attention that Sandy gives people who call like if I call she's very caring and always responds in a timely manner. She really tries to be very helpful. I think she runs the place very well. She's there a lot so she sees how things are. It's a plus that it's a very small home. It gives it the feeling that it's more like a home with a lot of people than a nursing home. I think the clientele there get more attention because it's on a smaller scale.

Not as good as I thought it would be

Had a family member here for two years. There are alot more needy members than they can handle. If you can't get around by yourself or have a memory problem you don't get the attention you should. You will get left in front of the TV or on the side of the kitchen just sitting most of the day. For the amount of money they charge there should be more care givers and the ones that are there should pay more attention to the elderly that need more help. If you bring a loved one here visit often!!!!!

Loved the tight family that director ...

Loved the tight family that director has created. I truly hope that Maryville can accept my us. This just might be what we need instead of that large Senior living.

Small, clean, comfortable. Director ...

Small, clean, comfortable. Director is everywhere and gives one the feeling that everything runs well. It's a kind but firm enviornment.As a former early childhood teacher I see the similarities in programs for the very young and I believe it to be quite suitable for the elderly who are slipping into a more childhood like time. I am hopeful that it will prove to be the right situation for my aunt.

This is the closest to my family but ...

This is the closest to my family but her cost was $3800.00 a month. I did not care for the fact that there were too many people that were sitting , sleeping, watching TV and vegatating. The physical ed person came while I was there and worked with the people who were awake. The staff excelent, but too may people to care for.

i put alot of time and effort into th...

i put alot of time and effort into this place and was very disappointed when [staff representative] decided not to do deal. i found her hard to deal with and overly emotional.

In the hub of central Long Island, beautiful and peaceful residential areas surround a thriving business community. Here, in this convenient, accessible and attractive location, lies Maryville, a family-owned and operated adult home where quality of care has been the tradition for decades. It is here that a team of caring professionals work together to create a real “home” for our thirty-two residents. It is here that a family atmosphere pervades, where staff and residents are on a first-name basis and where each resident’s individual likes and dislikes are known and respected. And it is here where the personal, social and emotional needs of a diverse group of elderly residents can be fulfilled.

At Maryville, we believe in always going a little bit further to ensure that our residents are comfortable and happy.