Greenwood Terrace - Lenexa, KS

All Is Well

My mother is well here in this community.

Nice rooms. Food not so good. Nice people tho

Pleased With My Move

I'am pleased with my move to this community. Everything is working out well. This is a nice community with kind people. The staff is very kind, and always willing to help. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. It has been a good experience for me in this community, and I would recommend it.

Trying to Stay Around $2500

I enjoyed seeing the community and I see that it nice and clean. There are many good qualities here and they even allow pets like dogs to be here but I wanted a big size room for a good price and they were more than I had hope for.

Gorgeous

Gorgeous, clean community. The staff was very friendly they answered all of our questions. We were looking for a smaller community with more assisted living options.

Smaller community. But seems to offer a lot for the price. Rooms are smaller than some, but the price is very reasonable

Mom's Great care

This is a great community.The staff is caring and attentive to her needs. They have a lot of staff turnovers. The community is clean and maintained. The menu is good and they change it at times. The activities are offered, but she is not participating at this time. I like knowing she is happy here. We highly recommend the care at this community for other families

Parents Enjoy This Community

My parents are doing very well, and they are enjoying their time here. It is a smaller community compared to others, but they have been very accommodating to our family. Everything is working out very well, and I'am pleased with their move to this community. I would recommend this community.

Things could be better

The food is terrible here! The choices are the same week in and week out. While this place used to be an independent living facility a former manager who liked to micromanage all the is residents loved forcing them to participate in activities they didn't want to had turned this place into assisted living in order to get a buck. The poor caregivers hired to work here independent of Greenwood are over worked trying to keep up with this change. While we appreciate their never failing help, it's hardly fair to them.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this honest feedback with us, and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We'd really like the chance to connect with you regarding your comments, as we strive our best each day to continually improve the level of service we provide our residents (and their families), and want to make sure we are doing everything we can to make you happy. To be clear, our community does not offer assisted living, but residents are of course more than welcome to bring in their own caregivers if they would like to and choose to do so. We would love to hear your thoughts on what improvements could be made, and encourage you to reach out to our Resident Relations team directly at [removed], or to get in touch by writing us at [removed]. Our community managers would also be happy to speak with you as well, just let us know or give us a call! We truly want to see you happy, and enjoying your retirement! Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you so much once again for providing this feedback!

We are very pleased with this community

The staff are highly excellent and take an interest in everyone. They have been calling my dad by his name from the start. The food is excellent and dad eats a lot. They offer a variety of activities and dad has been participating in them. One of the deciding factors for us to choose this community was that it is very clean. They have flexibility in care verses independence. I would recommend this community.

Comfortable with My Move to This Community

I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everything has worked out very well, and I'am happy here. The staff is great, they are very kind and courteous. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community, the facility and everything is very well-kept. I'am comfortable with this community. It is a good safe place, and I would recommend it.

Awesome

We liked it from the first visit . Everyone was so helpful and friendly. My mom is already feeling at home. She has a coffee with the girls planned in the morning , something she hasn't done in years.

Positive Atmosphere!!

Every since my mother has been staying at the Greenwood Terrace she has been a lot more healthy and strong. The community offers exercise programs for the residents that help so much. The meals served there are good and in good portion sized. The staff is amazing and takes very good care of my mother. The only thing i wish they would change is i wish they would pay attention to detail, fix stuff in the rooms quicker when requested by the residents.

Staff have been kind and courteous to my parents and they address what issues that I or my parents may have.

Short and Sweet

Ummm yea these fine folks saved my dad's life essentially ......enough said.

This Community Needs Some Improvements

Our experiences in this community have not been good. For the amount of money my mother is paying you would think her room has a/c in it, but it doesn't. They are not really doing anything to fix the problem. Although the staff is really nice, they could be better at responding to my concerns. The food is horrible quality, I've tried some of the meals and they taste terrible. It is a nice and clean community, but there are things they need to improve on.

I Enjoy The Choir Singing

I'am doing very well here at this community, I really do like it here. Everybody is very kind and welcoming. The staff is very pleasant, they are very helpful. They do a very nice job of keeping everything nice and neat. The food is amazing, I'am very satisfied with the meals. They offer many activities, I enjoy the choir singing. Overall everything is working out very well and I would recommend this community.

Taking Good Care Of My Parents

My parents are doing well here and I'am pleased with everything they have done. It is a very nice facility, they do a pretty good job with keeping the facility and their room nice and clean. They are taking good care of the. The food is fair, it could be better at times. Overall everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Place For My Father

I'am very confident with the type of care my father is receiving here. Everything is working out very well and I'am very pleased. The community is very well maintained. They do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are very helpful and attentive. There are great activities offered here, he has join the choir and bible study. The food is great, they have a very good selection of food. This would be a community I would recommend.

Minor Surprise

When we toured the facility, we had the impression that all studios, one bed room, ect. were one price. When it came lease signing time we learned that there are various sizes and fees for within each category of apartment. Thats no big deal it just would have nice to know that the apartment which we viewed cost a different amount than we'd been told.

We toured and it was nice.

We toured and it was nice. This was where she was going to move, but she ended up changing her mind, and didn't move at all. This was our choice though after looking around and touring them.

I recommend!

I have already recommended Greenwood Terrace to a neighbor. I participate in some of the activities, they do offer quite a few. The food is wonderful.

staff cares about the residents

What I like the most with the facility is that they are very responsive when it comes to issues. I also like the fact that they are very caring about their residents.

great place

My mother is there and her boyfriend is there, she is on the third floor and her boyfriend is on the second we really like the place alot. The place is beautiful and the people are nice. I referred a friend to one of the other location just s few weeks ago. They are happy as well.

Very nice

The facility and the room here are very nice. It is kind of like an upscale hotel here. The facility is always kept clean. The food service is nice. They offer three full meals and also snacks during the day. There are lots of social activities that seem fun and engaging. The staff is great. They are very friendly and accommodating.

A Fine Job

I think that the staff members at Greenword Terriace have done a fine job so far. They have made my loved one feel as comfortable as possible. I think overall, our experience with the place was a good one.

Everything is going well

She is doing good there. We do not have any complaints about the place so far. Everything is going well.

carpet should be cleaned

The carpet should be cleaned out in the halls at Greenwood Terrace. Other than that everything has been really great at this facility. The staff are really friendly. They have enough activities but mom had a stroke and doesn't get around to participate. Overall I am really pleased with this facility.

Wonderful place; strict schedules.

Terrific facility, clean, upbeat, very nice rooms with private terraces/balconies which is so important for fresh air and sunshine. The food is fabulous, and my mom really loves the people and the activities available. "Everyone is sooo happy here!" is her daily refrain. Almost everything she needs is included in the price of the (reasonable) rent: linen service, weekly housekeeping, maintenance, 3 full meals, emergency call buttons with quick response times, cable TV, some transportation, social activities, and more. The only limitations are probably in line with the affordable prices. For example, transportation to doctor's appointments is provided in the rent, but only on certain days/times which makes it a bit difficult to schedule around the doctor's schedules. Mealtimes are really fun--full scale productions, really--but you really must arrive right on time (or order for room delivery in advance) because once each course is served, it's over. Access to food/snacks outside meal time is limited, (e.g., there is usually coffee/tea/lemonade and some sweet snacks available) but the after-hours self-serve soup is usually empty. So it's important to have her own food and snacks on hand in her room--and each unit does include a refrigerator. For Catholics, it's great that Eucharist is offered albeit not full Mass, and non-denominational bible study and Sunday church service is offered on site.

All in all, this is actually all quite luxurious while remaining a good value.

I would definitely recommend Greenwood Terrace. More importantly, though, I know my mom would--and very enthusiastically as well!

I think that they definitely seem very interested in all the residents and when my father got sick they came and saw the residents. They went out of their way to do some extra association with the residents which is very helpful.

She is the happiest I have ever seen her in my life.

They are awesome! She is the happiest I have ever seen her in my life. They have really turned it around. For independent living she gets lots of specialized attention. I liked that it's big but not too big.

Very friendly and very helpful

So far they have been very friendly. They are very helpful when I need to ask questions. I'm really pleased with the Greenwood Terrace. It has been an excellent experience. The facility is very nice. The inside is always clean. The care services are excellent. They do a very good job. Everything has been great. I would recommend this community. I'm just really pleased with the Greenwood Terrace. It's great.

An Excellent Independent Living Facility

The Greenwood Terrace is an excellent independent living facility. The Greenwood Terrace is a very nice community. It is very clean. Everyone is friendly. The staff is very helpful. The care givers do an excellent job.

i would not recommend it its more like a nuring home its many many wheel chair and walkers not too many good mind here its for a mentally disable older people over all i rate a 3.5 the friendliness of the staff is a 5 star rating they are nice the cleanliness of the property is a 4

Some inconsistencies in the beginning but mom loves it.

It was a rough start, but things have improved. There were some inconsistencies about pricing when we spoke with different people. The staff and everyone there has been great. Even when dealing with the inconsistencies, they were very good about it. Mom just loves the place.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review. I'm glad to hear that some of your concerns have been addressed and your Mom is happy at Greenwood Terrace. Please know that if you have any other questions or comments please know that you can call Resident Relations here at Home Office at [removed]. It's feedback from our residents and our families that make us better so thank you for your sincerity.

very positive experience

Overall we have had a very positive experience with Greenwood Terrace. It is a very nice place with wonderfully friendly helpful staff.

If there is one thing where they could improve it would be to have a more organized process to help new residents and their families get acclimated.

They are always helpful and always friendly, and mom now absolutely loves it. I would highly recommend them.

Good first impressions

Friendly staff, very attractive facility, lots to do. Love the 3 meals a day, plus side items like fruit and pastries through the day and love the shuttle.

got to know mom personally

What impresses me the most about Greenwood Terrace is the fact that they have really taken the time to personally get to know my mom. They do not treat her like just another patient/resident, but like a person that is worth getting to know personally, which has made mom feel as welcome and at home as she possibly can.

We have been very happy with Greenwood Terrace and would highly recommend them.

clean and helpful

The facility is very clean, and the manager there was very very helpful.

Everything is good so far.

Everything is good so far. I have no complaints. My dad really likes it there. It's clean, the staff is friendly, the food is good. We are really happy with it.

I'm completely satisfied with Greenwo...

I'm completely satisfied with Greenwood Terrace. They have been very, very helpful with my grandmother. The staff is real genuine, helpful, and very patient. They offer many activities. My grandmother goes to the exercise classes, and does a lot of the other different activities as well. The food they provide is real good, and she gets plenty of food to eat. They also have a homecare team that comes out once a week to take blood pressure.

Fantastic Place for a new start in later life

Kristin is a very caring person and the entire staff has gone out of their way to make Lois comfortable and feel at home. The other residence have been just great and she is extremely happy thus far.

Great place for mom

I looked at 8 different senior living facilities before my mom and I chose Greenwood Terrace for her. The floor plans are spacious, the staff and residents are friendly and the price is very affordable.
Greenwood happened to be the last destination on our places to visit and it ended up being the best.

Greenwood Terrace is doing a fine job.

Greenwood Terrace is doing a fine job. It is kept very clean, and everything else is fine. I don't really have anymore to say about them. It's fine.

Beautiful location

The main areas seem to be fine, but the cleaning that comes with the rent for the rooms could be better. Things aren’t perfect, but she’s very happy there. The maintenance could be better. It’s convenient to shopping and has a beautiful location – the biggest drawback is the maintenance

Excellent respite care service

We only used Greenwood Terrace briefly for a weeklong respite stay, but we were very impressed by what they provided and we intend to use them again! My loved one really enjoyed herself here. She loved the food, and all of the activities they had going on. She was busy all day long!

3/22/14 toured facility wit...

toured facility with Randy. Very clean & nice. 1 bed $3249, 1 bed w/balcony $2799. Comm fee=1 month rent. Rent lock =1 mth fee good for entire time in that unit only. 3 meals daily. Phone extra. On-site mgrs 24/7. Weekly housekeeping/lines. Free Washer/dryer on each wing. Kitchenettes. Pull cords in every room. Contract outside add'l care as needed. Friendly staff.

Renter Beware

If you have ever dealt with a shady pushy used car salesman. That is what the managers and sales staff are like.
BEWARE when signing a lease with them. The have a 3 month must pay when you sign up clause in the contract. Even if the person die's before the move in date the estate is responsible to pay the remaining 3 months. The carpet in the halls are dirty and old. The hallways need painting. If you HATE CIGARETTE SMOKE DO NOT MOVE anyone in here. Residents can smoke in the rooms it smells like a smoky bar in the halls by the room. They try to cover up the smell with glade plugins.

Please read other reviews before moving here. One review I read after leasing was about the chief with a dirty uniform. The First Day my mom moved in I met Him

The facility was nice, thri...

The facility was nice, thrilled that they would allow my dad to have his 70 pound greyhound. I don't think my dad would like having to eat his meals at a set time with everyone else. I'm also not sure he'd like the name tags that they encourage everyone to wear. That's not a total deal breaker but after this location, I went to Shawnee Hills and was blown away there.

very happy with them. have ...

very happy with them. have a place in Texas, and topeka, can spend time in another place up to one week a year cost is within budget

Chef with filthy white jack...

Chef with filthy white jacket food: poor overcooked and no eye appeal apartments: nice with good natural light residents appear less mobile than other places no pool, no treadmill new man left sitting by himself at dinner no kitchen in apt just refrig not impressed with activities weekly house keeping Not considering this place.

A wonderful place with grea...

A wonderful place with great amenities. The people we spoke with loved living there. However, it is an Independent Living facility with no movement into different levels when needed. It also does not accept medicaid which will need to be an option for us.

I was looking for a place for my mom....

I was looking for a place for my mom. The Staff here was awesome. Very nice place. Moved her in. She has been there 2 weeks and loves it!

Mother in law and father in law

The process of getting set up was very easy and they were very flexable. We appriciated that they were willing to work with us how ever we needed to get the in-laws in the facility.

the facility was great! The...

the facility was great! They give 3 days trial to see how they might like the environment with meals all 3 days. J will take the info over to them with the breakdown of what the cost will be. They might come and do the 3 day to see how it would work for them.

Very nice place only had ki...

Very nice place only had kitchenettes. They want a kitchen. Was only independent living. C list

More Varied Activities Would Be Nice

Greenwood Terrace worked with me. They were able to accommodate my parents income to the rent. My parents are in independent living so they don't receive any care and I can't comment on that. My mom does complain about the activities. She said they just do the same things like poker on a certian night and bingo on a certian night but not a lot of options or out of the box activities.

Of all the facilities that I talked to and went and toured, Greenwood exceed all those other places. I'm glad I found them.

Very welcoming environment....

Very welcoming environment. Clean, very nice independent living.

Open and clean!

Definitely the GM was a big selling point, she was lively and energetic and reassured us that my mom would be watched and cared for. Greenwood Terrace was so open and clean, they have tons of windows and gardening projects. Others we toured were dark and had smells. Definitely the value here was the best, my mom has a fixed income and still receives a lot of services that they offer.

very clean, lots of amenities. two fl...

very clean, lots of amenities. two floor plans liked.

Was Here today--very friendly. Had l...

Was Here today--very friendly. Had lunch with 3 residents and a tour.

VA benefits, but no full kitchens

VA benefits, but no full kitchens

the best so far. looks like a great p...

the best so far. looks like a great place to live.

very nice place.

very nice place.

Finally, a rich country setting that feels miles away but is just minutes from Kansas City. Greenwood Terrace has so much history, healthcare, culture and entertainment to offer that you could spend years taking it all in.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind