Silvercrest at Deercreek - Overland Park, KS

We toured this commuinty

We went on a tour here and liked what we saw. She was great at answering all of our questions. It was nice and clean. The apartments were small but spacious. They had lots of daily activities. The set up was good too. We are just looking around right now.

Mom is adjusting well

This community is very convenient for me and this was a huge factor. The staff have been here for many years. They know the residents name and all about them. My mom is catholic and they have a priest here so she loved that. The food varies some days it is good and other days not so much. But it is a smaller very homey feeling it is like a family there. [Removed] went out of her way to call my mom and comfort her transitioning. The housekeeping are always cleaning. This was a good fit for mom I would recommend them to my friends and Mom has even recommended to her friend.

Silvercrest at Deercreek

Silvercrest has been a generally good experience for my mother. We chose this community because it is a smaller facility, which fits my mother’s needs better than a larger community, the price is the least expensive of the other communities here in town, and the proximity. Silvercrest is very close to my home and my work. The facility is just like all the other communities I have seen though, it isn’t particularly unique or special in any way, and they seem to have trouble serving high quality food. I also see a problem with having to move her to another community eventually because there’s “no room at the inn” so to speak. Silvercrest doesn’t encompass all levels of care, and I can see myself needing to move her as her needs increase. I think this is a misleading aspect of the industry that they make you think that they have everything set up perfectly, but it isn’t quite that way. Overall though, Silvercrest has been adequate for our needs now.

In Laws Enjoying Their Time Here

My in laws is doing great since their move to this community. They are enjoying their time here, and we are comfortable with their move to this community. They have a great staff, and they are kind whenever we visit. Also they have been responsive to any concerns, or questions we may have. It is a beautiful community, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice meals provided, and good activities offered for the residents. This is a community I would highly recommend, it is working out well for my family.

Not the Type of Room That We Liked

On the tour we saw that there were things that were okay but not as much to do here. The apartments are more compact and not large enough for two people.

Independent apts nicest I have seen..only two meals..very nice facility

A good community

The staff were very helpful with getting mom transitioned into the community. She likes the food and they do offer some daily activities. She likes her apartment and the community is kept immaculate. The community does seem to have quite a few residents with memory issues so it is not always as active as she would like. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for your loved one.

A nice community

I thought this was a pretty good community when I visited. The people I met were nice and they do offer some nice amenities. This community was a little farther away than what I was looking for.

Good Reputation

My daughter, and grandson toured this community for my father, and his needs. They were very impressed with their tour. This community has a very good reputation. My friends grandmother lives here, and she loves it. The location is very convenient. Unfortunately they had a three month waiting list.

Review for Silvercrest at Deer Creek

I am a current resident at Silvercrest at Deer Creek and I want people to know how happy I am here. I have been at Silvercrest almost 3 yrs now, and I am so thankful every day to be able to call this my home. Even though Silvercrest at Deer Creek is one of the older Independent Living facilities in our area, it is so well maintained and has such beautiful grounds and large, comfortable apartments, that I would rather live here than in any of the new facilities that have gone up in this neighborhood. The staff quickly becomes your "family" and they always, always bend over backwards to assist in any way needed. Although the food is not restaurant quality, I am more than pleased with our choices, most items served, but am most happy that I don't have to cook anymore. The Dining Room staff are absolutely wonderful and so accommodating and they always make me feel special. I would like to recommend that anyone considering an IL or AL would be wise to stop by Silvercrest at Deer Creek in Overland Park--it will be worth your time.

My Thought Of The Tour

This community was our second choice. The staff we met were nice and the community was clean. They offered a variety of activities. This community just seemed a little more controlled than what we were looking for.

Homelike feel!

What we like most about the Silvercrest is the size. It is small and has a friendly homelike feel to it. The place is always very clean and well maintained. During the holidays, they decorated it very nicely. So far, everything has been very good.

Mom's Care

This is a great community for my mom. I feel good knowing that she is at a small community. The staff is very friendly and careing to her needs. They activites are wonderful and she enjoys participating. We are happy with the cleanliness. The food was appealing and a good variety. We highly recommend this community to other families for great care and value for a loved one.

The Food Is Not Good

It's been good and my mom has been transitioning well. She has done a few outings and they have activities available. It is a very clean facility and they have put new carpet in the common area. The only issue is with the food. They are overcooking and under-cooking food and it does not taste good. She filled out the comment box and talked with the cook, she is hoping for an improvement.

5 stars all the way!!

Silvercrest at Deercreek is a clean and well taken care of community. My parents are doing well since moving in. The food is great and they offer options if you do not want what is on the menu. They also participate in numerous activities. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Going good

Things are going really good. She is kind settling in there and everything seems to be okay. It was a little rough at first, but I think "knock on wood" things are going to be fine now.

Friendly

Everyone is friendly here. The staff is great and even the residents are helpful. The facility is very clean at all times. There are plenty of activities, the food is decent and the facility seem to be well organized.

They have been a lifesaver, I would give them a six!

So far it's wonderful. It's very well taken care of and the staff is awesome. They really go above and beyond. They have made her quality of life so much better. They have been a lifesaver, I would give them a six!

Exceptional

We have been very happy with Silvercrest. The staff have been so helpful and caring. Our parents moved here from Detroit, Michigan, where they had lived for 50 years. The transition has been so smooth. We feel very good about the care they are receiving. It has been a huge comfort to us. Many of their doctors come to Silvercrest for treatment, which has made it so easy on us. I cannot say enough good about this place!

Silvercrest at Deer Creek - Wise Choice!

Our starting place was with "A Place for Mom" and Joann Fischbach. Her knowledge and expertise were invaluable. We did not have a clue as to where to start looking without her help. My sister and I moved into Silvercrest at Deer Creek about 5 weeks ago, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. It's a beautiful and well-managed facility, and we have a lovely apartment. We have heard from so many of the residents about how happy they are to be here. This definitely was a wise choice and, best of all, we independently made the decision before our kids had too.

Great Staff

So far, this has been a great experience for my loved one! We really have no suggestions for improvement. We really like this location, since it's convenient for our family. We were also impressed with the staff from the get-go. Everyone we interacted with was incredible!

BEST EVER

Everyone is so friendly from the staff to the residents, who welcome you with open arms. We have been here 2 weeks now, and we both absolutely love it and know we made the right decision!

Visited 7/25; B list, didn...

Visited 7/25; B list, didn't like location

This is my first choice. I ...

This is my first choice. I have looked at four And this one fit all my needs. I still need to wait some. I am going to see about my money and My options. i would like to be able to move As soon as I can.

Nice place but it just did not fell r...

Nice place but it just did not fell right.

The Director helped me and was great ...

The Director helped me and was great to talk with..might call back about "independent" living available with "extra's" paid for until assisted living available.

Nice place and nice people....nice ro...

Nice place and nice people....nice room, good activities and transportation....pricey as well........ staff was very helpful and informative.

Silvercrest at Deer Creek is an exceptional senior living community offering an abundance of cultural, social and educational opportunities for today's seniors.

Our elegant community offers 95 independent living units and 21 assisted living apartments. Spacious floorplans range from 715 to 1430 square feet. At Silvercrest, our convenient and sensible month-to-month rental plan allows you to maintain your financial worth.

NO LARGE BUY-IN FEES!

Included in your monthly rental, you will enjoy two delicious meals each day, housekeeping and flat linen services. And, you and your loved ones will have comfort in knowing 24 hour assistance is available.

Our goal is to ensure excellence while providing privacy, choice, comfort and respect to our residents. We strive to foster each person's independence through an environment of care and service which enhances the lives of all who live and work here.