Brookdale Overland Park 119th - Overland Park, KS

Friendly and fabulous

I find Brookdale 119 to be a very caring and friendly place. My parents lived there for more than four years. The activities they became involved with and the overall caring of the staff was fabulous. Everyone seemed involved and engaged and that goes from the staff in the dining area to the cleaning staff to the front desk staff .... everyone genuinely cares about the residents. I would see my parents on a daily basis and felt comfortable going home at night knowing they were safe and just a phone call away if something were to happen. It was a great choice for my parents to go there.

Mom is settling in

The amenities here are great my mom has a nice 1 bedroom apartment. The staff makes sure mom has everything she needs to settle in and become comfortable. The communication is great. The offer many daily activities. She likes the food and she gets 3 good meals a day. They had an option for a 2 month trial and that is perfect so she can make sure it is a good fit. They will come every week to do the linens and every other week will come in and clean. They offer a shuttle here also. I would recommend this community to other families.

I toured this community

I went on a tour of this beautiful community. It was well decorated with chandeliers everywhere. But this isn't for my mom. I really liked it and [Removed] was very good at explaining things. It was also to far for me. They had a nice swimming pool there and it was really hard to navigate the place and mom would've gotten lost.

Beautiful, gorgeous, and vibrant

I would absolutely recommend this community. The staff is fabulous. They go out of their way to make sure that the residents are comfortable and that they’re happy. They always get everyone involved in activities. That’s mainly why I chose this facility. There are so many activities to get my parents involved in. There’s something always going on every day. There’s a bunch of clubs, outings, live entertainment, bingo, music, and choir. It just offered more than other places. It’s a huge facility. It’s large enough for a swimming pool and 3 separate dining rooms to eat in. The facility is built like a country club. There beautiful artwork, gorgeous furniture, and a huge cascading staircase. The apartment that my parents are staying in is beautiful as well. Anytime someone moves out, they renovate it. It’s nice and spacious with a patio. There’s a little kitchen, in unit washer/dryer, and a spacious bathroom that is wheelchair accessible. Even though my parents have a small kitchen, the facility offers meals included in the rent. They have several times to eat throughout the day. There are 3 places to eat. There’s a pub, a formal dining room, and a casual dining room. They each have menus that you would order off of like a restaurant. You have 6 options to choose from each meal. Also, every time you eat it’s a 3 or 4-course meal. If you don’t want to go to any of the dining rooms, you can have your food delivered to your room or get it to go from the dining room. I just can’t begin to explain how lovely the help is. They really do care about all of the residents. The one thing I can’t stress enough is if you’re looking for a place for your loved ones for the first time, look at all your options. I chose independent living with skilled help for my parents. Yes, you have to pay extra for the skilled help, but it was more cost effective than putting them in assisted living. With independent living, it’s more vibrant, upbeat, and uplifting. It makes them feel and live better. I encourage you to look at independent living first and hiring skilled help as well.

A Comfortable Place

My aunt was a resident at the facility from 9/13 until 6/17. I can't say enough about the support she received due to some personal issues and, as her health deteriorated, Personalized Living assisted with her shopping and health needs, ran errands, etc. They assisted in the purchase of a lift chair by doing the shopping and having it delivered for her.
As her POA and living out of town, I could not have seen to her care without their efforts.
I would recommend Brookdale Place Overland Park without hesitation. [removed] and her staff in Personalized Living were my rock.

Doing Well

My dad is doing well here, he has just moved in and the staff have been great in helping with his transitions. The community is very nice, he enjoys going to the dining room. There are a lot of amenities here and once dad has settled in I'm sure he will look into them.

Dad's good care

This is a excellent community for the care for my father. The community is clean and a nice enviroment for his needs. The menu is good and he is pleased with the variety. They do have activiites that are offer. I am glad that he is doing good with this community. We would recommend other families to this community for good care and a nice value

Not A Good Fit for Me

I know someone here and I visit at time and see that they are a very nice community with good staff. However for me they do not fit my budget.

Brook dale 119

I have received friendliness. The employs care for you. The residents are happy and friendly. The campus is well kept as are the apartments. They are pet friendly.

Beautiful facility with spacious apts and many options for resident interaction..only drawback is size. May be difficult to navigate.

Needs some improvement...

So far, so good. The apartment that my mother is in is fine, but the meals are horrible. I would say in the way they are prepared and delivered the service is not what she expected. They put on a good show when we toured. They will ask her how she wants something prepared and either they get it wrong or mix it up with the other residents at the same table. When she does send it back, the replacement will have cold sides. There was a bit of issue as far as who was running the facility as far as maintenance. My sister had noticed the toilet was rocking and come to find out, it was not even bolted down. I called and they got it fixed.

I like living here

The staff have been helpful since I moved in. They have answered my question in a timely manner. The food is ok most of the time. I have just started to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Nice Tour Overall

I had a nice tour of this community, I toured it for my mother, and her needs. Everything went well. The community was nice, and clean overall. The staff was friendly, and polite. It was a nice experience, but not the community for my mother.

New resident review

After short experience, I will say the staff is caring, helpful and pleasant.
Ihe other residents are friendly. The food is good. The activities are varied and abundant. In all after only a few weeks it feels like home.

My Dad's Preference

Dad is settling in good with the community. The meal are good and sometimes he is not impressed with it but the kitchen just opened up again, hoping for improvements. He is starting to meet the residents. It is a clean community and he is impressed with the lady who changes the bedding. They have an Assisted Living community right next door in case he needs to change his care. I would recommend the community.

Wonderful Community

This is a wonderful community, and my tour of it went very well. Everyone was kind to my family, and myself. They have three different restaurants available for the residents. There is plenty of activities for the residents. It is a very nice place, but unfortunately they were unable to accommodate my parents mobility restrictions. The building were to far apart for them to travel, it would had been difficult. My tour went very well, but it was not the community for my parents.

Not a bad place

We met some nice staff when we visited this community. It was a little larger than we were looking for. They do offer activities. The community did not seem clean enough for us.

Very large!

I toured the Brookdale Overland a long time ago, but the main thing I remember is the size. It was a very large community that required a lot of walking. Wen were looking for something smaller and more home like.

A Good Tour

They gave me a good tour to see how nice it was and all seemed clean. The community seemed to have good interaction and I tried a complimentary meal. The person who showed us the place was a knowledgeable and focused guide. The location was the main reason we did not choose. They were good.

Inviting Complex!!

The community was very inviting with lots of great features. The administration during our tour was very pleasant and informative for my loved one and I. There was to many residents living in the facility for my liking, it felt to cramped.

Highly Recommended!!

My father and i really enjoyed the tour that we took of the community. The tour guide was knowledgeable and very attentive she spent a lot of time with my father and i. We really liked the activities that were offered as well as the meal plans. Everything was up-kept and clean. I would recommend a tour of this place to friends and family.

It was a fine place, until she needed more care than they offered.

My loved one lived here for a year. It was a fine place, until she needed more care than they offered. It was clean and the staff were friendly enough. But when she landed in the hospital nobody came to see her or even seemed to know. This really is just independent living.

I loved the enviorment and i felt very comfortable and fit in.

Very Satisfied with the community

I am very satisfied with the community. I have enjoyed the activities and outings. The food is pretty good for an institutions.

Very nice place!

We helped a friend look into this location, and after getting moved in he really seems to be enjoying it! It was a bit of a rocky start since going from independent to assisted living was a big change. However, the staff here were all very friendly and relaxed and he adjusted and got settled in quickly! Now that he has gotten into the swing of things here we can barely get a hold of him, he is always out socializing or participating in one of their activities!
The facility itself is great looking, spotless, and well maintained. We're glad he found such a great place to live!

Better than Promised!

We are where we belong and even better, we are where we want to be. Brookdale Place is special. Why? Because each resident is special and treated as a valued individual member of the community. Our apartment is beautiful with walk-in closets, new stainless steel kitchen appliances, beautiful big windows with window seats built in, freshly painted, new carpeting and in one word, "lovely". The food is delicious, beautifully presented and graciously served. Three dining rooms give us a choice of varied atmospheres and times to eat. The staff is friendly and is a part of the community. Staff members greeted us with our first names after meeting us only one time. The opportunities for enrichment seem endless. There are trips on Brookdale vans to places to shop, visit, eat. There is transportation to medical appointments if you don't have your own transportation. We have a carport that came with a surprise: a locked storage room with shelving in place. We have met many people during our short time here and look forward to many years of gracious and happy living at Brookdale Place as my husband and I age together in our new home.

Very accomodating

We're not there yet, we're selling our home in Texas and we made agreements with them to make partial rent payments. Now the people at Brookdale Place have been very good, we took out a wall, we closed up a door, we're going to put in more shelving, we've repainted, they've worked hard to make it work for us and they have a guest room which we have used four times and we're going to be there the next 4 nights so that's been available to us. My wife is a home ec teacher so she's had her hand in decorating most of her life, she makes the house look nice. We're having some problems but I'm confident that will be worked out, outside a thing or two its been perfect. We were talking to some of our people and they said that we sounded excited about going up there, so when we get there I'm sure well find some things to get invovled in.

Has everything mom needs an...

Has everything mom needs and more. Mom does not care for size of complex and the inclines/declines in hallways between clubhouse area and buildings.