Shawnee Hills Senior Living - Shawnee, KS

Shawnee Hills is alll about the PEOPLE all the time! They are awesome, the staff are so professional and caring and really take an interest in each resident. They are very supportive and have provided a wonderful lifestyle for their fabulous residents. Everyone who I met that lives there was so happy and healthy and the interactions were great. This is my top pick so far for my Mother.

Getting acclimated

My Aunt is slowly getting acclimated to her new surroundings. And I did notice that she's eating much better and she is starting to mingle with the other residents as well. There are a lot of amenities for the residents here and the staff are working with my Aunt encouraging her to take part. They have an excellent rehab/exercise class and the instructor works with them that my Aunt has started to go to. I feel my Aunt is doing well here and I think this community is a great fit for her.

Lovely place. The one to beat. If we had had more money-my parents would love living there.

Beautiful Community

This is a beautiful community. My mom had previously lived here, and we had thought of bringing her back after her stay in the hospital, but we needed more of an assisted living community. The staff is very friendly and caring. And it is a very clean and well-maintained community. I would definitely recommend this community!

Pleased with My Move

Everything is working out very well for me with my move to this community. Everything has worked out well, and I'am comfortable with my move here. The staff is very nice, and helpful when needed. They provide great meals, I love the food. They do a good job keeping everything nice, and clean. The experience is going very well for me in this community.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Shawnee Hills. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you! Have a great day!

My experience at Shawnee Hills

My brother and I toured 20 different places before we settled on Shawnee Hills. I can honestly say that we found the best place for him. He never saw Shawnee Hills till the day we brought him there. He is so happy from the first day we set foot. Everyone from the staff to the residents are so warm and engaging. It is a big family atmosphere, everyone is there to help in anyway. Everyone goes out of there way to engage and make you feel at home, because it is your home. The apartments are spacious and very clean. I wouldn't want my dad in any other place. The food is exceptional and a dining atmosphere. I can't say enough wonderful things about Shawnee Hills but thank you for everything you do.

[Removed]

Mom Is Doing Better Than Expected

My mother is having a much better experience at this community. Compared to the other community she was at before. She has adjusted better than expected, and I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. She is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is great, they have been friendly, and helpful when needed. I would recommend this community to my family, and friends.

Refund Took A Long Time

I had an issue with this community. We did put a deposit down on a room ,but we did find other community that suited our needs better overall. It took a while for them to refund me my money. It was a disappointing experience.

It is the Best Community

My parents had a very quick wait time for an availability and they are doing very well. My mom loves it there and has her cat with her too. They have been making friends and my mom likes to take wine down to dinner. She also likes to joke with the residents. It is the perfect place for my parents and we are happy with the community. They are a wonderful, wonderful place that is nice and close to me.

Great Place for Mom-Shawnee Hills Senior Living

I was looking for a facility in Kansas for my mother, who was living in Virginia. This establishment was able to answer all my questions and meet mother's needs. She moved last Friday and what a difference from her past assisted living facility! The nursing staff are responsive and keep her busy, so she does not feel lonely. The facility is clean, attractive, and the food is good. Glad I made the decision to move her near me.

Love Shawnee Hills!

My mom was not open to moving to a senior residence, thus I spent months looking for the perfect place she would love. She needed some care, but not necessarily full assisted living. Shawnee Hills offered an independent lifestyle for her, but is also able to provide the medication management she needed through a third party contract . The people there are great, very accommodating, and we have the option of additional care as it becomes necessary. Her apartment is cute, and she just admitted yesterday that it's starting to feel like home. She's been there less than a week, so that is great to hear! Thank you for helping us find the perfect place for Mom!

We Are Satisfied

Since we moved in it is fine for us. Our apartment gets cleaned often and they wash our towels and linen. The food is okay, it is served cold at times. The Sunday brunch has be repetitious. They had an event in the dining room and both times the speaker was unable to be heard because the microphone was locked up. We have had a change in management and she tells us it will take time. I see they have activities like Wii bowling and had a tour at the park for an outing. From what I hear some people are not satisfied and when a request is made and answer is told but no changes.

Shawnee is a good place for my dad!!

This is a nice independent living community. We are very pleased with it so far. The staff are nice and helpful. I have no complaints about this community. The food is good and the community is kept clean.

VERY Happy with the Transition to Shawnee Hills

I spent extensive time looking for the perfect place for my mom to have true independent senior living, and our experience with Shawnee Hills has been wonderful. Katie and the staff truly took time to make mom feel comfortable in the transition, moving from a single-family home to the community. It would have been easy to be overwhelmed with the details of her move, but Shawnee Hills offers incredible resources to help with:
~home realtor needs (Steve is the best!)
~personal movers to help consolidate, pack, and unpack
~estate sales.
Everyone we worked with was top-notch, and really cared about making the move as seamless and easy as possible.
When my mother moved in, she had a spotless apartment that was freshly painted and brand new carpeting throughout the unit. She is making new friends, engaged in activities, and loves living in a maintenance-free community. She enjoys all of the amenities, dining room and meals, and many event options. She even enjoys fresh pedicures offered at the on-site, full-service beauty salon.
The staff take great care of clients, and if they don't have visual confirmation of each resident by noon each day, they make contact to insure everyone is safe and happy. This move has allowed mom to remain independent, and me to hover a little less. Shawnee Hills has been a blessing to us, and we are grateful for everyone here!

I am happy!

My name is Barbara and I have lived at Shawnee Hills for over 4 and 1/2 years. Before I moved here I lived in a nice little apartment with lots of windows but for some reason got almost no sunlight. My brother and sister-in-law called it "the cave" and suggested I move into a senior community. That was the last thing I wanted to do but they pushed and pushed. Thank goodness they did! I love it here. I live on the third floor, have a nice view, a nice breeze, and lots of sunshine. The people who live here are all so nice and we are all at about the same stage in our lives. I have made some great friends and there is always something for us to do (if we so desire). There are games, card games, art classes, craft classes, trips to many interesting places, etc. The people who work here are special people. When I lost my son about six months ago, they were all right there for me. They were my family. I am so lucky to be here at this point in my life. I am happy! I would give this 5 stars except for the small problem in the dining room. There is a shortage of servers right now but they are addressing the problem and soon will have it solved.

Tough Decision

Finding another place for my mother to call home was a difficult and frightening decision. But working with Kelli [removed] and The Shawnee Hills staff made the descision easy as I was greeted with genuine kindness and understanding. Everyone has been professional and welcoming and after only a few days my mother already feels at home.

No Diversity

The crew is really nice. The only thing I didn't like is the lack of diversity . The rooms are beautiful my mom loved the food. It was great.

My mother is satisfied with everything except the dining room..

My mother is satisfied with everything except the dining room. She says it's good food that is not well prepared. They could improve on the quality of the preparation, like making sure the food is well cooked and hot. They do have activities but not everyone is receptive to them. The location of the Shawnee Hills is convenient. My mother is very happy with everything else. (Care Services not applicable)

extremely helpful

They have been extremely helpful. I was very impressed with how quickly the staff got to know my mother personally by name. The food there is just excellent. The only complaint I could make (which is very minor) is that while the food is great, sometimes the service can be slow. That has just been an observation of my own, not anything my mom has commented on.

We have been very pleased. Everyone has been great there.

We have been very pleased. Everyone has been great there. They have had very good food. They have a buffet for breakfast a few times a week that can sometimes be difficult for some residents to maneuver, but they are right there to help them with it. I don't really have one bad thing to say.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone very well at Shawnee Hills, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly! I can't really think of anything they could improve on, it's been a good experience overall!

Shawnee Hills is a great place for seniors!

My dad was in need of a Senior Living center while he recovered from brain surgery. Shawnee Hills was so helpful as we transitioned my dad from his hospital stay to their facility. My dad has enjoyed the planned activities, outings and the daily dining. It has been the perfect fit for our situation!

One of the best places

This place is nice. The prices are reasonable. The amenities are great. The management team was professional and very helpful. Unfortunately I did not lease a place for my mom here but I regret I did not chose them. Check this place out it is great.

LOVED IT! This place will a...

LOVED IT! This place will also take my dad's 70 pound greyhound. They have windows of time for meals, not one set time. Also, there is a ground floor unit where they will fence in a bit of grass for my dad's dog to have an area right outside his door. It's perfect in every way! I have already made a deposit to hold the room I liked best there.

very clean; friendly environment. not...

very clean; friendly environment. not sure if mom could live in an independent living environment when the time comes.

Very pleased -- great staff, excellen...

Very pleased -- great staff, excellent facility, wonderful services and amenities. Definitely will be on the short list.

Very open and bright. Appts. larger t...

Very open and bright. Appts. larger than Victory Hills. Fantastic luncheon. But does not provide skilled nursing.

Very nice. New, nice layout. Has nurs...

Very nice. New, nice layout. Has nurse and therapy on site. Rooms small, but ample and comfortable.

Welcome to Shawnee Hills Senior Living, a new concept in senior living in Shawnee, Kansas. The Community is conveniently located off of West 63rd Street and Maurer Road with direct access to Highway 435 and Shawnee Mission Parkway. Shawnee Hills is located directly north of the Shawnee Station Shopping Center, which includes over one million square feet of shopping and restaurants.

Our goal at Shawnee Hills Senior Living is to exceed each of our Residents individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choice, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of affordable luxury living accompanied by our unique resident concierge services and amenities, assures our resident that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing their quality of life.

Shawnee Hills amenities include a sky lounge, Coffee bistro, fitness and therapy center, elegant dining room and private dining, a library, theater, computer center, and other community areas for you to enjoy an active and social lifestyle. Our residents enjoy these features along with flexible dining that an provide two meals a day. We have a full Spectrum Lifestyle activities program, scheduled private limousine and bus transportation. Our family atmosphere welcomes you home with friends, neighbors and friendly staff that make each day something to look forward to. As a resident at Shawnee Hills Senior Living, you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a community of care and support. Safety features of the Community include a complete building sprinkler system and smoke detectors.