The Atrium at Overland Park - Overland Park, KS

We toured this community

We went on the tour here and the people were really nice and seemed caring. It was nice and clean. They had lots of daily activities. It was just not modern or up to date. They answered all of my questions. We are just looking around right now.

Wasn't Impressed

I toured this community and [Removed] was very nice and knowledgeable. But I didn't like it it was really old and dirty to me. It needs updating and some TLC. The apartments were small and had no stove in them. It reminded me of an old folks home.

Was very pleasant surprised! The owner-operater met with me and explained the history and operation of the Atrium. She greeted numerous residents by name as well as their family & truly cared. The activities and dining were all out in the open atrium. Saw the hair salon, painting class and an ice cream parlor. very nice apartments. Some on the ground floor that opened to patios and grass. So nice for pets. Absolutely no odors. It was all beautiful.

I just love [Removed]. She and her staff make this place so special. Lots of love and activities for all. Everyone seemed so busy and happy to be there. The facility is not the newest, but I don’t think that is important. Great views out the rooms. They only concern that I have, is that they will not accept Medicaid in the event my parents’ funds are depleted.

Great Care Community

I am happy with this community. I like that fact that they take good care of me. The staff is very friendly and caring. They offer a lot of great activities. the meals are appealing. I like the senior staff and would recommend the care and value to other families.

Very Friendly Community

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind and helpful. The community is very nice looking. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. All my questions were answered, and this was one of my top picks. The location of the community was a little far for my family to travel too, but this is a lovely place.

Their Dark Rooms

The tour went well. The community is very clean and nice. The actually apartments were set up like a hotel. From the living room view there is no outside view and it seems dark. The apartment did not have any area for storage.

Review of The Atrium at Overland Park - Overland Park, KS

We were very impressed with The Atrium at Overland Park and were seriously considering placing our parents here. The deal breaker was that my father-in-law uses an electric wheelchair due to the fact he is a double amputee. They cannot allow electric wheelchairs in the facility. We were as was Lucille very disappointed we could not place our parents. But other than that particular issue the facility was very beautiful and the residents are very social and active. We were very impressed. I only give 4 stars due to the electric wheelchair limitation

Highly recommend!!

Lucille and her staff run an amazing community! They are competent, kind and compassionate. My dad has been sick since he moved in and everyone has been so kind to him and my family. I wished we had found them sooner. Highly recommend

Great staff

The staff here is great. It seems to be a well run and well organized community. The building and living quarters are always kept nice and clean. Everyone from the administrative staff down to the maintenance crew are always so nice.

Very nice place

So far our experience with The Atrium at Overland Park has been a very good one! It's our first experience with placing a loved one in a community like this so I don't have much to compare it to, but so far we haven't been disappointed! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they seem to take great care of the residents!

The Staff Is Just Fine

I can not think of anything that The Atrium at Overland Park can improve. Everything the staff has done for us so far has been just fine. My loved one is in independent living, so they offer some services like coming in and cleaning once a week and washing the linens and so forth, but I guess we just expected a little more in that area.

A very well managed facility

The Atrium at Overland Park is a very well managed facility. It seems to be a very positive place to live. It's spotless. The staff is very kind. The care givers do a good job. They offer a variety of activities.

Excellent Community

My Mom is currently in the independent living section of Atria at Overland Park. She appears to be very happy there. She has not had to take advantage of the care activities yet, so that is hard to judge. She is enjoying the food and they do have a good variety available. The dining room staff seems well organized. The staff there is great and the staff to resident ratio seems good. They do have call buttons next to the bed and do respond quickly if needed. They do go on outings with residents. Doctors do make house calls to the community.

The staff was awesome. Knew all the the residents. The residents were on the older side might not be a a fit for my dad at this time.

So far things are going pretty good.

So far things are going pretty good. The food is pretty good so far. They have plenty of entertainment and activities. They have a bus that will take us out to the grocery stores, but I don't see if they have transportation to appointments or not, but that would be nice. I don't have any complaints so far.

love the Atriums

I Love the Atriums. My Dad passed and Mom wasn't driving. She was lonely and depressed. She still wanted her own apartment, but was losing weight. After 2.5 months, she is doing great. She has made friends, gained 5 pounds. Her memory is better and she is off her anti-depressant. Her meds are delivered, activities and meals all provided. I love Lucille the owner , she herself is 84. Highly recommend . It has given me peace of mind.

It really is a good place.

It really is a good place. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are respectful upbeat and happy, and very attentive. One big reason we liked the Atrium is because of the food. Not everything is something that he likes, but they have good variety of alternate choices. Every time we have eaten there it has been good. The waitstaff is very good, they are trained and dedicated so they aren't doing other things while trying to serve. It's well staffed. There are a variety of activities. They bring in performance troupes. They do things, like going to movies, and they have in house activities as well. There are other gentleman there, and since they have assigned seating in the dining room, they make an effort to place people with others they might have things in common with. There is always someone at the front desk, and available, even later in the evening. When we have needed something hung up, or installed, they have always done it right away, usually by the next day, even on the weekends.

Review of The Atrium at Overland Park Assisted Living in Overland Park, KS

Nice place & the staff seems very involved.Apartments are nice and there seems to be something for everyone.

Very Nice for Independent Living

We liked the Atriums very much except that it's independent living. The second floor is assisted living but mom had bypassed that - they weren't able to care for her at the level she needed. But we liked them very much.