Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Salem, NJ

Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Salem, NJ has yet not published prices.

Best place yet for our grandmother.

My Grandmother was transferred here from another facility and the treatment she got was amazing.

Being wheelchair bound is not easy. Our grandmother is not insane and knows everything, she is just paralyzed on her feet. I can say that at Golden she felt best, with the positive attitude the nurses show and the compassionate love she is surrounded with.

I would definitely recommend Golden. Especially after having another experience at another place..

DISGUSTED

In the beginning.. My father was a transferred from another nursing home to Golden because of the neglect and other unfortunate circumstances that was INVESTIGATED AND FOUND GUILTY OF NEGLECT AND OTHER issues as well.. Golden knew this.. So everything was going good.. Much better. ..i was happy that he was in a smaller facility..so ..less patients..more care... Thats what i thought... A year and months later.. IM DISGUSTED .. my fathers catheter bag has overflowed spillling on the floor.. The aides they bring in from other nursing agencies ( cause they cant keep help).... [removed] ..they are bullies with intimidation. .patients
Have complained...many are scared and sad..but it CONTINUES. .
THE OWNER IS AWARE AND THEY TURN A BLIND EYE..WHY

.MONEY
...MONEY.. THEY DONT CARE THEY OWN MANY NURSING HOMES THE [removed] ARE HAPPENING PEOPLE!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND GOLDEN ..MY STORY WILL BE CONTINUED.....

Impressed

I had the pleasure of having a close family member and a family friend both go to the rehab at golden within the last year. The staff was phenomenal. The therapy was out of this world and really pushed them to get back on their feet with love and encouragement. I would definitely recommend anybody to go here, and would love to send my family back. Everybody was always so willing to help and even greeted us as soon as we walked through the door. The activities director always went above and beyond to make my family feel welcome and entertained. Overall a really family oriented facility. Even when they were discharged they set up services so they could thrive in the community and made sure we felt comfortable calling them with any questions we had.

No respect

I would not recommend this place at all. After visiting a family member in the rehab unit, it saddened me to hear from this person how they were treated. This family member is 97 years old with no Alzheimers or Dementia and knows when they have to use the bathroom. At 3:00 am they asked to use the bathroom and was told by the staff member that "it was not time to do that". Seriously?? Isn't that there job? No compassion and not a care in the world. Had that been one of their family members I'm sure they would be upset. And yes, it was reported. Clothing would somehow go missing. Really? You are that hard up that you would take the clothes from the elderly? And I know that nursing homes do not always smell very good but it completely reeked of urine. The rooms were so small that you needed to move the chairs out in order to get the wheelchair in/out. The TV in the room was so small and mounted nearly on the ceiling. And why would you serve frozen, hard to chew pizza in a nursing home? It just really upsets me knowing that the patients there are not getting the care and respect that they need. They certainly deserve better!

Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center provides care for a complete spectrum of rehabilitative needs. While a comprehensive list would be too lengthy to enumerate, the following are some of the more common reasons people come to Golden:

• Bariatric care
• Motor vehicle trauma
• Cardiac care
• Diabetes management
• Pain management

Contact our Director of Admissions or ask your doctor to determine if you could benefit from our rehabilitative care.

Golden is privately owned and operated. It’s noticeable in the way we give each resident individual attention. However, there’s nothing “Mom and Pop” about the quality of care. In fact, we network with several other New Jersey facilities, sharing innovative ideas to maintain and improve our standards of excellence.

We participate in a large number of health insurance plans, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. Our Director of Admissions, who is an expert in Medicare/Medicaid and insurance guidelines, will guide you through the process, and will assist you in determining eligibility as well as maximizing your benefits.

Most area doctors are already attending physicians at Golden. If your doctor is not, he can apply to become an attending physician.

Our chefs are aware that different people have different food preferences, and always prepare more than one choice at each meal. Additionally, each resident’s dietary needs and concerns are assessed by our dietitian upon admission and accommodated accordingly.

Although admissions are subject to bed availability, we make every effort to expedite all requests. While we do appreciate advance notification, we realize that in many situations it is not possible. Ultimately it is the well being of the patient that is paramount.