Simpson House - Philadelphia, PA

Walk through the front door and you’ll immediately sense Simpson House’s welcoming spirit. As a caring community of individuals, we value the opportunity to help new residents immediately feel like members of the Simpson House “family.” Our goal is to create a warm, cozy atmosphere of commitment and care. We’ve renovated and updated the décor of our senior living residences—all you have to add is your own personal flair.Simpson House is America’s oldest retirement community with historical ties to the United Methodist Church. We’re conveniently located at the corner of Belmont and Monument Avenues overlooking Fairmount Park. For nearly 150 years, we’ve been a respected name in Philadelphia senior living.

Super Super Staff!

Everything has been going so well. They are very fantastic and everyone knows everyone by name. They have really bent over backwards for us. They have been so accommodating and helping get my mother in law transitioned. We are very, very pleased with everything here. We love the community porch that they have for the residents to enjoy.

We Enjoyed The Tour

We got a great experience here. It is a very, very nice place and it is clean. I noticed the residents are in their late 80's to 90's. This was for a mature crowd but my dad is more independent. Overall, it was great and I actually would consider them but this is not the right fit for my dad's care.

Not good very moderate to severe dementias, especially any level of perceived aggressive behaviors.

They were not equipped in staff (training/numbers) to handle any irregular or episodic aggressive behaviors associated with Alzheimer's Dementia, even in the memory care wing. They were too quick to take my mom out personal care and migrate her into skilled care after 1 1/2 days of her move in, which, I thought was way too soon. If I would have known that there threshold to these sporadic behaviors was this thin, I would have never put my mom here in the first place. The activities were good, well run and regular and the overall nursing staff was friendly, but they clearly are only tolerant of very narrow niched behaviors associated with any of the dementias.

Wonderful place!

Simpson House is a wonderful place, I'd give them 5s across the board! The staff is wonderful, the facility is beautiful and clean, and they take great care of the residents. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Very nice place

I have had experience in the past with this community, and I think they do a very good job overall. It was a nice looking. well kept facility, and they did an excellent job looking after my loved one. Definitely somewhere I would recommend being worth a look for families searching for care in the area.

The exterior building is un...

The exterior building is unique but undergoing construction. The staff pleasant but the 'hospital smell' was not appealing. The entry cost is unacceptable and monthly cost beyond our budget. Location is to far.

History and Charm and Care

I loved the old stone exterior. It looks like a castle. Living apartments are upgraded with new kitchens. They provide the level of progressive care I will need going forward. The library is beautiful!

On a scale of one to 10 may...

On a scale of one to 10 maybe a 5. Long hallways, very dreary, old, and very small rooms with small showers. People seems nice and I'm sure the level of care is decent.

I really like this facility, I like t...

I really like this facility, I like the setting and I appeared nice and clean. The rooms were nice and not too small. I felt at ease while I was there and the admissions staff were very accomodating.