Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line - Media, PA

CAVEAT EMPTOR

toured twice before signing contract, thought I had asked pertinent questions covering all bases...on tours I was greeted warmly, fed delicious food, staff was observed caring well for residents. on arrival for move-in, I learned that NO doors to/from resident's designated parking areas are handicapped accessible (i.e. DO meet Federal definition of wheelchair fitting through doorway BUT for PRACTICAL purposes, doors are heavy & without automatic openers) ...ONLY the main entrance has automatic openers. Within a few days, I (using power wheelchair) accidently dropped an item while going past a couple of staff members who stood stone still...one finally reached out to assist me but the other said to him "DON'T" then to me "we're not allowed to help independent living residents unless you have pre-paid for a scheduled service" (I later verified this with another staff member who explained that this rule was new, put in place because IL residents were taking advantage of free help from staff). On tour, I had asked about which service(s) are included in monthly fee & which will incur extra charges... specifically I asked if pulling medical alert chain in apt for assist after a fall when be charged, answer on tour was "NO", answer after entry is "YES"....same situation when calling maintenance for clogged plumbing. There have been multiple other small issues along the way but the FINALE for me occurred this week when I learned that I will NEVER be allowed to use the pool because wheelchairs are NEVER permitted in the pool area.... resident MUST be able to WALK from the shower room door to the pool...I made it very clear on initial tour that I very much planned to use the pool daily AND that I am able only to take a couple of short steps IF I have a secure handhold OR stand to pivot to another seat! Since I have been told that there cannot be any exceptions to this 'no wheelchair' rule, I must now seek other housing...just basic honest communication among staff & honest answers on initial tour could have avoided much grief & hassle for ALL involved.

Lisa Haino

Thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed that your experience at Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line has not met your expectations. Our Executive Director is happy to continue to work with you on an individual basis to address your concerns. Please contact her directly to continue the conversation about how we may better assist you.

Good care and comfort

We like the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive. The community is clean with a good environment for her. The menu is nice and they do offer a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend the care and value of this community for other families.

Comfort for mom!

My mother seems to be doing very well since her move to Wesley Enhanced Living. She likes her apartment and the meals they provide. She has been looking into the many activities they offer and making new friends. Her only complaint so far os that they have canceled a few movie nights, but other than that she seems very happy.

Everything is Great

My parents are doing well here at this community. So far everything is working out well, and I'am pleased. They have a wonderful staff at this community, so I know they are in good hands. The community is well maintained. They do a good job with the cleanliness. They have activities available for the residents. My parents are pleased with the meals. This community has worked out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Lisa Haino

At Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line, our staff members take great pride in creating a warm and engaging community where our residents can enjoy life. We are so pleased that your family has had a good experience and we hope that your parents will enjoy all the wonderful things we have to offer. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review.

Nice Clean Community

My tour of this is community went very well. This is a nice community. Everybody was very friendly and kind. The community looked nice and clean. It was a good experience. There were many factors that played into where to place my mother. This wasn't the place for us, but it is a good community.

buyer beware

Since [Removed] took over the facility, everything has gone downhill especially the level of care in assisted living and Nursing! Staff to patient ratio is horrible.Very few activities and classes as promised. Charges for everything and monthly invoices are confusing and inaccurate. No one seems to know anything and blames everything on corporate. Buyer beware

A wonderful community!!!

My parents are doing great at Wesley Enhanced Living. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The building is clean and well maintained. They love the healthy food and they offer a wide variety of choices. The community offers daily activities. This community gets my recommendation.

A wonderful community!!!

Great

Great people, great experience, helped me whenever I needed it.

Careful

They are now doing business as WEL after a change in management. My Mom was briefly a resident before she passed away. Therein lies a tale and a cautionary one at that

Most of these types of communities require a buy in before entry an WEL is no different. My Mom had modest means and we had to sell her home for her to qualify for a modest studio. It was satisfactory and clean and the staff was responsive and caring. No problems there. Quite the contrary. But Mom was only in her studio for about a week when she fell and had to be moved to the hospital unit. She was there for a while, happily and well cared for. But she contracted pneumonia, probably after a stay in rehab somewhere else. It never quite cleared up and, much to everyone's chagrin, she took sick and died. All told, she was at WEL for a month or so

I want to make it clear she was well cared for. But when you do a buy in, you agree that the unused portion of the buy in, which amortized the rent, will be returned after the apartment was rerented. In Mom's case, that was approximately six months ago [removed]. Yes, it's perfectly legal, I suppose, but it is outrageous given the time she spent there. Her family deserves better

The moral is to be very careful dealing with this company. If they owe you part of an estate, they have little incentive to return it. And they are good at stalling. If you can find a less restrictive entrance covenant, do so. Or just hope your loved one spends their resources. Because, otherwise, you will wonder how these people can take an interest free loan on snap estate with virtually no regulation. I have heard similar stories on investigation, and the new management would make me even more wary of dealing with them. Be careful And consult a lawyer specializing in contracts before signing anything