Tradition Assisted Living - West Valley City, UT

Beware

When we were faced with one of the most difficult decisions regarding our mothers health & living situation. We were promised MANY things.
And unfortunately NONE of them have been kept.
When my mother was moved into the alf it was named Oqquire Meadows.
They have since changed management FIVE times, as well as the management staffing.
2yrs later we STILL cant get her room cleaned weekly, they have either lost or ruined clothing, towels, and bedding whrn they have done her laundry. That has been taken over by family. Her heater has been broken for over 1 month and as of today 1/18/17 STILL not fixed.
Bed buggs 3 times and I FINALLY ended up having to replace her mattress.
She has gone upto 7 dys without showering or changing her clothes. And after 5pm and on weekends. There is no management or emergency process established.
Unfortunately with the new choices waiver, options are limited and availability 1-2yrs waitting list.
So IF you are asking WHY dont they just move her
It's because we cant afford to pay the full out of pocket expense and she is on several waitting list of facilities who accept the New Choices Waiver. ( few do)
So what else can we do, but do as much as we can to take care of her needs. And wait until we can move her from this poor example of a ALF.
Everyday my mother lives in the facilitu. I dont feel good or that she is safe. Instead I live everyday full of regret & guilt

Great Staff!!

The Tradition Assisted Living unfortunately did not work very well for us. I did not feel a warmth feeling of the community and i could not feel that positive atmosphere. The way it also looked was more like a hospital building. The staff was very nice and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. I really liked the tour they provided they gave me a lot of information that i needed. Meal plans and activities are available.

Great place

Friendly attentive staff, clean and inviting rooms. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good home for a loved one who needs assistance.

Welcome to Tradition Assisted Living and Memory Care of West Valley City, Utah. At Tradition Assisted Living and Memory Care our goal is provide an environment that looks and feels just like home with the highest quality of care and service. We know that many of our residents have traditions with their families. At Tradition Assisted Living we would look forward to being able to adopt some of your traditions to our Community Family. Our residents enjoy the many traditions that we have.