We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Salt Lake City assisted living for the elderly is designed for seniors who require assistance in some aspects of daily living. This assistance can include help with mobility, transportation, medication administration, personal grooming and hygiene, incontinence management, and more. Alta Ridge Assisted Living Communities offer senior housing and care plans designed to suit the specific needs of each resident.
Loved ones who require help from time to time but wish to maintain their independence are good candidates for assisted living. Alta Ridge assisted living communities provide amenities and comforts similar to those in a retirement community (dining, transportation, activity programs) while adding additional support for those seniors who need some assistance.
Although Salt Lake City is the capital of Utah, it's actually one of the smaller cities in the US. In terms of population, it ranks 123rd. Despite this, Salt Lake City is a relatively large city in terms of square mileage, and the population has been slowly growing each year. If you like the amenities of a larger city without having to pack yourself in with millions of people, Salt Lake City is a good choice.
For the most part, Salt Lake City is set up perfectly for senior living. The slow pace and easygoing nature of this city make it a good choice for those who want to relax and enjoy life.
- Walkability: According to Walk Score, Salt Lake City has a walkability score of 57. This means that you can do some stuff on foot but will still require a car or other means of transportation for many errands.
- Average age: The average age of Salt Lake City residents is 32.1 years, a year and a half above the median age of 30.6 in Utah.
- Weather: Salt Lake City gives you a little bit of everything when it comes to weather. Temperatures typically reach the 80s and 90s during the hottest summer months, but you also get an average of 47 inches of snowfall each year. This is a great city if you enjoy the changing seasons.
- Veterans: If you're a veteran, Salt Lake City has you covered. You can find the Veterans Department, employment services, benefit offices, and veterans hospitals.
As is the case with most capital cities, Salt Lake City offers plenty of public transportation, including buses, light rails, and more. There is even a free fare zone where you don't have to pay as long as you enter and exit the bus within its boundaries.
- Buses: You can take the buses in Salt Lake City as a connecting service for the light rails and trains, or to get around town€”especially if you're in the free fare zone.
- Trains: FrontRunner commuter trains can take you from Ogden to Provo and anywhere in between. There is also the TRAX light rail, which can take you from downtown to a slew of places and vice versa.
- Taxis: If you prefer the convenience and privacy of a taxi, Salt Lake City has plenty of them.
Health and Safety
Health and safety is a major concern when it comes to senior living, and Salt Lake City is a good city for both.
- Hospitals: Salt Lake City has plenty of hospitals available in the city, including the University of Utah hospital, the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and the LDS hospital.
- Crime rate: Salt Lake City has a crime rate of 58 on a 1 to 100 scale, with property crimes rated an 87.
Sports and Leisure
Salt Lake City offers plenty of activities to keep seniors moving, including golf, disc golf, tennis, and more.
- Golf: There are lots of golf courses and clubs in Salt Lake City. You'll find country clubs, courses up near the mountains, and more.
- Tennis: Salt Lake City also offers plenty of tennis courts. You can play at tennis clubs, gyms, public tennis courts, and more. It's even home to the Utah Tennis Association.
- Gyms: You can also get your exercise at some of the gyms in Salt Lake City. Some choices include Age Performance, Age Well Center, and Smart Bodies Fitness and Pilates.
Shopping and Entertainment
Alta Ridge of Holladay is located right by some great shopping locations in Salt Lake City, including the Ivy Place Shopping Village.
- Clothes: Salt Lake City is filled with neat clothing stores such as boutiques, used clothing stores, vintage clothing stores, and more. If you prefer something nice and new, there is a JCPenney and a Walmart Supercenter, among others.
- Groceries: Your best choice for grocery shopping here is the Walmart Supercenter, located just a few blocks from Alta Ridge. There are smaller grocery stores if you prefer them.
- Restaurants: You'll find plenty of great places to eat in Salt Lake City, including TGI Fridays, Red Robin, a slew of fast food establishments, and tons of locally owned cafes.
- Movie theaters: Salt Lake City has plenty of movie theaters, some of which are very close to Alta Ridge.
- Libraries: Alta Ridge isn't incredibly close to the public library, but it's not a bad trip by bus or light rail. There are also plenty of small bookstores.
- Attractions: Salt Lake City is never short on fun things to do. You can take a tour of the city, and its surroundings, check out the Natural History Museum, or take a relaxing stroll through the Red Butte Garden or the Tracy Avery.
Although Utah is known for practicing Mormonism, Salt Lake City is accepting of all religions€”and it's proven by the variety of churches.
- Religious facilities nearby: Salt Lake City has everything when it comes to churches. From the Church of Scientology of Utah to St. Patrick's Church and the Salt Lake Temple, you won't have a problem finding a home here.