Alta Ridge of Holladay - Salt Lake City, UT

Salt Lake City assisted living for the elderly is designed for seniors who require assistance in some aspects of daily living. This assistance can include help with mobility, transportation, medication administration, personal grooming and hygiene, incontinence management, and more. Alta Ridge Assisted Living Communities offer senior housing and care plans designed to suit the specific needs of each resident.
Loved ones who require help from time to time but wish to maintain their independence are good candidates for assisted living. Alta Ridge assisted living communities provide amenities and comforts similar to those in a retirement community (dining, transportation, activity programs) while adding additional support for those seniors who need some assistance.

Although Salt Lake City is the capital of Utah, it's actually one of the smaller cities in the US. In terms of population, it ranks 123rd. Despite this, Salt Lake City is a relatively large city in terms of square mileage, and the population has been slowly growing each year. If you like the amenities of a larger city without having to pack yourself in with millions of people, Salt Lake City is a good choice.

City Info

For the most part, Salt Lake City is set up perfectly for senior living. The slow pace and easygoing nature of this city make it a good choice for those who want to relax and enjoy life.

- Walkability: According to Walk Score, Salt Lake City has a walkability score of 57. This means that you can do some stuff on foot but will still require a car or other means of transportation for many errands.

- Average age: The average age of Salt Lake City residents is 32.1 years, a year and a half above the median age of 30.6 in Utah.

- Weather: Salt Lake City gives you a little bit of everything when it comes to weather. Temperatures typically reach the 80s and 90s during the hottest summer months, but you also get an average of 47 inches of snowfall each year. This is a great city if you enjoy the changing seasons.

- Veterans: If you're a veteran, Salt Lake City has you covered. You can find the Veterans Department, employment services, benefit offices, and veterans hospitals.

Transportation

As is the case with most capital cities, Salt Lake City offers plenty of public transportation, including buses, light rails, and more. There is even a free fare zone where you don't have to pay as long as you enter and exit the bus within its boundaries.

- Buses: You can take the buses in Salt Lake City as a connecting service for the light rails and trains, or to get around town€”especially if you're in the free fare zone.

- Trains: FrontRunner commuter trains can take you from Ogden to Provo and anywhere in between. There is also the TRAX light rail, which can take you from downtown to a slew of places and vice versa.

- Taxis: If you prefer the convenience and privacy of a taxi, Salt Lake City has plenty of them.

Health and Safety

Health and safety is a major concern when it comes to senior living, and Salt Lake City is a good city for both.

- Hospitals: Salt Lake City has plenty of hospitals available in the city, including the University of Utah hospital, the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and the LDS hospital.

- Crime rate: Salt Lake City has a crime rate of 58 on a 1 to 100 scale, with property crimes rated an 87.

Sports and Leisure

Salt Lake City offers plenty of activities to keep seniors moving, including golf, disc golf, tennis, and more.

- Golf: There are lots of golf courses and clubs in Salt Lake City. You'll find country clubs, courses up near the mountains, and more.
- Tennis: Salt Lake City also offers plenty of tennis courts. You can play at tennis clubs, gyms, public tennis courts, and more. It's even home to the Utah Tennis Association.
- Gyms: You can also get your exercise at some of the gyms in Salt Lake City. Some choices include Age Performance, Age Well Center, and Smart Bodies Fitness and Pilates.

Shopping and Entertainment

Alta Ridge of Holladay is located right by some great shopping locations in Salt Lake City, including the Ivy Place Shopping Village.

- Clothes: Salt Lake City is filled with neat clothing stores such as boutiques, used clothing stores, vintage clothing stores, and more. If you prefer something nice and new, there is a JCPenney and a Walmart Supercenter, among others.

- Groceries: Your best choice for grocery shopping here is the Walmart Supercenter, located just a few blocks from Alta Ridge. There are smaller grocery stores if you prefer them.

- Restaurants: You'll find plenty of great places to eat in Salt Lake City, including TGI Fridays, Red Robin, a slew of fast food establishments, and tons of locally owned cafes.

- Movie theaters: Salt Lake City has plenty of movie theaters, some of which are very close to Alta Ridge.

- Libraries: Alta Ridge isn't incredibly close to the public library, but it's not a bad trip by bus or light rail. There are also plenty of small bookstores.

- Attractions: Salt Lake City is never short on fun things to do. You can take a tour of the city, and its surroundings, check out the Natural History Museum, or take a relaxing stroll through the Red Butte Garden or the Tracy Avery.

Religious Facilities

Although Utah is known for practicing Mormonism, Salt Lake City is accepting of all religions€”and it's proven by the variety of churches.

- Religious facilities nearby: Salt Lake City has everything when it comes to churches. From the Church of Scientology of Utah to St. Patrick's Church and the Salt Lake Temple, you won't have a problem finding a home here.

Care and comfort

The care at this community is very good. We like the staff who are always keeping us informed on his care. I like knowing that he is happy with the meals. The activities are offered for him and he likes being out of the community. on the small trips that are available. I like knowing that he is in a safe and nice environment for care. We would recommend this community highly for good care

My dad is doing okay since moving here. I don't live in the state my sister is the one that lives in the area.But from what I am told he is happy there. The staff from what I understand is friendly and helpful. I don't know if he is enjoying the food or not I have to assume he is since I have not heard anything else.

My tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The person I toured with was friendly. I felt the community we chose offered a few more of the services my loved one needed.

So Close For Us To Visit

Mom has been in a few different communities and I think we finally found the perfect fit for her. This location is so close to my home that she is able to have more visitors and that seems to be helping keep her anxiety down. The staff has been good very nice and extremely helpful. The staff takes the time to remember you by name and I know them by name. They call either myself or my sister anytime they have a concern about mom. Mom doesn't complain about the food, however, I have eaten there once and didn't care for it too much.

General Impression

While quickly looking for a place for my dad we selected this community. It has been kind of good but some issues. On Sunday the staff are very lean and they don't seem to worry about dehydration, even if the residents don't want it. Their food service is very weak, the quality of food is not fresh. It is a small complex with low amounts of residents. The staff work their hardest and they are very nice.

Compassionate Loving Care!!

I really like everything about the Alta Ridge, the staff and caregivers are all very accommodating and friendly. They truly care about their residents. My mother was not walking when she went in, and now thanks to the physical therapy, she is walking again. When you walk in, all of the residents look happy! The food is great, my father was a very picky eater and he loved their food, that says a lot.

Many Services!!

My impression of the community was good. The staff was very nice to me and everyone helped providing a positive tour for me. Everything was well set up and it was really clean. The only thing that didn't work out for us was the location unfortunately it was not close to family. I feel i would recommend the community to families it was a great place overall.

Pleased

I recently found myself in a situation where i urgently needed to find a place for my wife. I really only had about 1 and 1/2 days to make it happen. Alta Ridge memory care was very responsive and they actually had to go to some extra ordinary measures in order to get my wife admitted within that short of time.

My wife was previously in another facility that simply found her to difficult to handle. Alta Ridge has been very responsive to all of our needs, and my wife seems to be much more relaxed and comfortable at Alta Ridge.

Almost like home

The staff was so very caring not just with my Dad but with all the residents. They were also very friendly to me & my family. They knew our names. They were so patient with him during his adjustment period. Every family member that visited Dad remarked on what a nice homelike atmosphere is there.

Very Welcoming Community

This is a very welcoming community and everything is going very well for my mother here. This community is really clean and nice. The staff has been great and very welcoming. She is really adjusting well to the community. They do offer great activities through out the week for residents. They have really been on top of things and the communication between staff and out family has been great.

Good place

Alta Ridge of Holladay is a good place, small, locally owned. There is a fairly good ratio of staff to patients. The staff is fairly steady, so it's people you know are not strangers taking care of my Dad, which is good. The food is fine, he eats it well. He has difficulty eating by himself but they chop it up well so he is able to eat it. They do offer activities but they are more for those independent. It is a clean place.