Garden Way Retirement Community - Eugene, OR

My Grandmother is doing great

My grandmother is doing really well here, she is still very independent and she likes being a part of the activities and field trips they offer, she even likes the food and going to the dining room. She has started to make friends with some of the other residents. I would definitely recommend this community for its independent living.

We Had to Pass on This Community

I had the chance to talk with them before trying to visit them. They were very nice to talk with and were upfront with me when I was asking questions. Unfortunately the price and location was not the right fit for us but they were helpful in the process of our search for a community.

The Community is Active Here

My mom is doing great and she loves it there. This was her pick, mostly because she knew someone here and it was more fitting for her. The community is clean and smelled good. The residents are active, she exercises and walks around the building. The residents get incentives for doing little things and they can use the "money" to buy what they like at the auction.

Mom is loving it!!

My mom has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very happy with how things are going for her. She is always saying how friendly and helpful all of the staff are. My mother is loving not having to cook and enjoys the social environment with the other residents. She often is participating in the exercise and enjoys the different events they bring on campus. Overall it has been the perfect fit for her and we are pleased.

Fine facility!

My mother's stay at this facility went just fine! The staff were sure to do what they could to make my loved one feel comfortable and cared for. The facility was also kept clean and well maintained. Overall, though it was a brief stay, I have no complaints about the facility!

My favorite!

Garden Way was incredible. The place was off the charts! It was clean and everyone was very friendly. They gave us a lot of good information and answered all of our questions. The only reason we did not choose this community was because it is in Eugene, and we wanted my mother to stay in Corvallis because she wanted to continue to drive, and it is easier for her to drive there.

You'll love Garden Way

I loved this place for my mom. Spacious apartments, wonderful staff, great food. Residents I interviewed had all been there for some years, had no complaints, loved the amenities.

My introduction to senior living… Gordon way. My introduction to senior living...Garden Way.

I recently went through a series of life changes. I had back surgery and during that time I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. My husband was my caregiver and did everything for me; shopping, cooking, driving etc.

I began to get better but he became sick. He was diagnosed with myelofibrosis and died within three months. I was frantically looking for a board and care for him and found "A Place for Mom". I spoke with [Removed] who was very nice. She called me back promptly but it was too late. I told her I might need a place for myself.

I came to visit my son in Eugene Oregon shortly after my husband passed. Holly recommended Garden Way Retirement Community. I sold my house and moved in within 3 months. Normally I would not be so impulsive but I really cannot live alone. My son is close by and helpful.

Garden Way is lovely. I was very impressed by [Removed] who was my lifeline through this stressful time. She called me every other week and answered all my questions and was very patient and kind

My mother did not want to move into retirement home. We finally convinced her but she was in her 90s and really could not enjoy it. I decided it would be less stressful for everyone if I move now while I'm still pretty healthy.

Garden Way is lovely. The building is beautiful with tasteful decor. Every staff member has been nice. The food is delicious. They provide light housekeeping once a week. It is not inexpensive but my fixed income covers it and the Equity from the sale of my house is my nest egg. I have only been here three weeks but everyone seems very happy and friendly.

Great, Good and Bad

The Great: People, food and Facility
The Good: Layout and Services
The Bad: Assessment, Location and Continuity of Care

If you are a person looking to place your parents, find a place with Memory and Assisted Care.
Long Term Care Insurance does not help pay for Garden Way.
If you are an older person looking for a great place to spend retirement years, Garden Way is Great!
The staff at Garden Way did great job selling us on the place (an easy sell) but when Mom arrived, it was too loud, overwhelming size and we needed to relocate her within a week. She needed more care than was available at Garden Way. Learn from our mistake!

Mom Loves It

Everything is going very well, she really loves it here. The community is very well-kept. They do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is excellent, they are caring for her very well. She has been busy trying all the activities since the first day. The food is wonderful, I've had a few meals and the food is very good. I know she is in good hands and is safe. I would recommend this community.

Indpendent Living

great place. my husband has been there since Jan1, 2016.
The staff are caring and friendly and the food is amazing and fresh. Atmosphere in dining area is always upbeat.

4 star property

It's not very big. There is no place to go walking. Noisy. On freeway.

Joann was great, very friendly. I thought this facility was lovely.

A nice place to live

My experience with the Garden Way Retirement Community has been very good. This is a nice place to live. Overall, I think this is a very nice community and I would recommend it to anyone searching for assisted living.

Sunshine

Thank you! It's great to hear you are enjoying your experience and all the many amenities offered at Garden Way.

It's great.

It's great. So far we don't have any concerns. The staff is friendly, and attentive. It's kept clean, I would give them a five, they are doing a good job.

Sunshine

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide residents and their families complete satisfaction and are pleased to hear you have experienced just that. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further exceed your expectations.

Wonderful. My mother loves her new h...

Wonderful. My mother loves her new home. Friendly staff, excellent food, and everything is just beautiful like real home. She's respected for her independence.

Sunshine

Cheryl, our residents are our number priority here at Garden Way and it makes our day better knowing your mother is happy here. It is great to hear she is enjoying the food program, our friendly staff and all that Garden Way has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review.

Wonderful!!!

Wonderful!!! The cleanliness is absolutely perfect. It’s best in the Eugene. Staff and food are perfect! We haven’t had any concerns with the laundry. I would absolutely recommend this community to those that are looking for services or care for a loved one!

Sunshine

Thank you for your kind review and recommending Garden Way to those in search of a retirement community.

Worth Considering!

I work as an independent caregiver, not on staff with Garden Way, and upon a temporary hire with a resident today, I was very pleasantly surprised and comforted by the rich environment, friendly, warm staffing, quality food and clean, elegant surroundings. The amenities are abundant, easily accessible and of high quality. I would consider this as a placement for one of my own family members,

Sunshine

We are so glad to hear of your positive experience at Garden Way and are happy to hear you would consider recommending our community to your loved ones as well. Our residents are our priority and we strive make each day better for them. Our pristine environment, 3 delicious meals daily, wellness and fitness programs, and complimentary transportation are just a few of the many all-inclusive amenities our residents can enjoy.

We are so delighted, they are amazing.

We are so delighted, they are amazing. Kelly Donovan with APFM is amazing, her heart and dedication to service was wonderful! If I could rate them above a five in everything I would. It is superb. It's the people who are running it they are really heart centered and every employee is positive and happy. The residents are happy. They have great problem resolution. They come to solutions for things in a really positive, heart centered way. The food is fabulous, they have a wonderful selection, the portion sizes are great, and they can order half servings if they want less. They are really accommodating, and they will feed the family as well, when they visit. Most places we visited had meal plans that were quite expensive on top of the rent, this is included and they always have fresh food and fruits.

Sunshine

We are so happy you experienced our caring staff and food program and that you have made the choice for your loved one. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on SeniorAdvisor.com.

A Happy Mom!

Garden Way is the best! My mom has lived there since September and is loving it. I especially appreciate the staff for their kind support as she made the transition from her home to an apartment there. From the minute she moved in the staff made her feel like family; they did a great job of helping her build relationships with the other residents. She has made many new friends. I have enjoyed the food, (you order from a menu and the food is prepared exactly as you want) and service in the dining room. My grandchildren are welcomed and excited to visit because of the many toys available in the Kid's Playroom and of course they love the ice cream and cookies that are served each meal. There are many activities that she is able to participate in from exercise classes to Bible studies. She easily uses the provided bus transportation. Thank you Garden Way for providing a safe, secure place for my mom.

Sunshine

We are thrilled to hear that your mom is happy and you have made the right decision moving her to Garden Way. It sounds like your mother is really enjoying some of the many amenities of Garden Way. Please now, you and your grandchildren are welcome anytime!

What a beautiful - heart ce...

What a beautiful - heart centered facility! We found the residents as well as the staff quite happy and very helpful. It was beautiful - full of light and possibilities. The food was amazing! The options were fabulous to help support an active - vibrant lifestyle that my mother would enjoy. It was very clean and had lots of wonderful amenities that would make it a perfect solution for a home in a retirement community.

Sunshine

Thank you for taking the time to review Garden Way and sharing your experience with SeniorAdvisor.com. Your kind words and praise are music to our ears! Our top priority is having a Management Team who puts our residents first, a Chef and food program that is top notch and an Activity Director with a full schedule of activities and events, and its clear you could see this. If we can ever do anything to make your experience even better, please let us know!

Easy Transition

My mom seems to be liking it. She really likes the food, the place in general is very clean and neat. The people are very nice there. My mom can't really do activities, but they do have a lot of activities. She can do the ones in the building; they have card games, movies, puzzles, board games, exercise room, ice cream parlor, chapel, etc. They are a very nice facility. My mom has a one bedroom. The apartment that she has is laid out like the home that she just left, which made the transition easy for her.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your mother's experience with us. We are so glad she is happy and her transition has been seamless. Please let us know if you can think of any indoor activities we can add to our activities calendar so your mother can fully enjoy her time living at Garden Way.

They Have Everything!

They are fabulous. The value is really good. They don't really have care services, but they will always rush to help in an emergency. They have group events for the Duck games. They have sewing and craft rooms. They have a movie theater. They have an exercise room and exercise classes. They have ice cream events. They have a coca cola room where there is free ice cream 24 hours a day. They do trips all the time. They have a beauty salon and people coming in that do activities. We loved how clean it was. Brand new with marble counter tops. You can order from a menu for meals, and they always have a full soup and salad bar. It is very high class.

Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your parent's experience on SeniorAdvisor.com. It sounds like your family is very happy with their decision to move your loved one into Garden Way. We are thrilled to hear when our residents take advantage of the all-inclusive amenities, and it sure sounds like this is the case! Please let us know if there is anything that can make your parent's experience even better.

Wow! A very nice place with...

Wow! A very nice place with many amenities. The rooms are spacious, even the studio. The facilities are modern, elegant. The food sounds delicious with lots of variety. Lots of room for taking walks.

Sunshine

I's great to hear how much you enjoyed your tour at Garden Way. We hope to see you again soon so you can experience some of our many amenities firsthand.

Nice, new with many ameniti...

Nice, new with many amenities, but too remote and not in a good area for walking.

Sunshine

We are so happy you had the opportunity to visit our beautiful new Community, Garden Way! It’s nice to hear that you were also able to appreciate the many amenities Garden Way has to offer including our Grandchildren’s Playroom, Chapel, Fitness Studio and Craft Center! Hopefully, you had the chance to enjoy some ice cream in our Coca-Cola Ice Cream Parlor! While many of our residents are looking to be closer to the Springfield area and U of O walking trails, we understand that they also appreciate exploring Eugene proper! For this reason, we offer bus transportation seven days a week and do not require our residents to stick to a strict bus schedule. Instead, our residents may request transportation wherever they would like to go, whenever they would like to get there! Thanks again for stopping by and for commenting on your Garden Way experience. We sure hope you decide to visit us again soon!

Garden Way is an affordable all-inclusive retirement community, centrally located near the University of Oregon in Eugene and just minutes from shops, restaurants and local hospitals. A Sunshine Retirement Living Community, we offer a variety of amenities to simplify your life, including restaurant-style leisure dining, on-site beauty salon, fun daily activities and free transportation, so you can all enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!

At Garden Way, we believe you deserve to enjoy a carefree lifestyle surrounded by warm and caring managers, staff and residents. We pride ourselves on offering you choices that allow you to live your life the way you want. It’s a simple concept that means you can take control of your time, find comfort in your surroundings, and be part of a community of friends and neighbors.

In addition to the beautiful grounds and outdoor raised gardens, Garden Way residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, such as: *Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy restaurant-style leisure dining with “the best food in town” prepared by your very own chef, including soup and salad bar and an extensive healthy menu.

*Fun Social Activities and Outings: Robust activities and wellness program includes on-site natural spa, huge surround-sound movie theater and even a place for your grandkids to play!

*Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events!

*Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.

*Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system and we have has an emergency communication system.

We would love the opportunity to show you around our beautiful community. Please contact us to schedule a visit and join