Waterford Grand - Eugene, OR

Best in the Northwest

Beautiful boutique senior living, only place to consider for your loved one.

Gorgeous community and wonderful care staff

I toured this community

When I toured this community it was good and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. This was much more expensive than other communities. The dining room is fancy. Looked clean and tidy. I would recommend other families tour this community.

Does not offer independent living. Will not consider.

Needs some improvements!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far things are not going the best. I feel like they are not wanting to deal with his medical needs and just pushing things that need to be addressed immediately aside. My loved one is having a really rough time and I am hoping the staff do something soon to fix this problem.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the staff at this community, they have all been wonderful to my mother and helpful with all of her needs. She has made a personal connection with a few of the staff members which is really important to me. My mom really enjoys participating in the great activity program they have available with the other residents as well.

A tour for care

The tour of this community was nice and the staff were very confident that they could give the care that is needed. They have separate sides of care depending on the residents. they provide alot of information. The community was clean and the rooms were nice.The menu was appealing and it was nice to see the other residents being active. I would recommend this community for other families to tour.

Too big!!

When I toured Waterford Grand, I felt it was a little too grand. It was very large and my father has mobility issues, so it wouldn't be right for him. It was also too expensive and I also felt like my father would not have been comfortable there. It was over the top, like the Trump Tower. It was a nice place with a heated pool and wonderful things, but it was a little but a more for an ambulatory person.

We love Waterford Grand

Wonderful facility. From [Removed] who helped us initially, to [Removed] the head nurse (sorry Chris for butchering your real title) to the lovely and wonderful women staffing the reception area, we just love this place! I know I'm forgetting people who helped us (like the main engineer who was wonderful). Can't say enough good things about this facility.

Fairly nice facility!

From what I saw, this was a fairly nice facility. It was clean and the residents and staff seemed friendly. My primary concern was the fact that their memory care unit was not big enough for my loved one. Other than this, it seems quite nice!

This place is a dream come true, if you can afford it. It is a privately owned facility so doesn't accept Medicaid. Private pay only. But if it is affordable for you it is literally the PERFECT place!

Good fit for active, social senior

We toured this community when looking for my mother. We found that it was too expensive and had too things going on. It's seemed very carnival like with many activities and that wasn't a good fit for my mother because she doesn't participate as much. The staff was very friendly and helpful during the tour.

Going well....

My loved one is settling into the Waterford Grand much better than expected. When we toured this community last year in January, the administration lady that was there was very sweet and followed up. we loved her but she moved and they replaced her with Shawna. When we went to move my loved one into the community, [Removed] took us around the building again and did not talk to any of the residents or know them by name. Once my loved one moved in, she walked by us 3 times and never even said hi. Also, we had no help or guidance upon move in. I am happy with the care my loved be is receiving from the staff, but I think[Removed] might be in the wrong job.

Beautiful place!

The Waterford Grand was a beautiful community to tour. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming when we were walking around. The reason we ended up choosing another community because this one was just too expensive.

Tender Loving Care!

The move to the Waterford Grand has been a positive experience for my mother in law so far. The staff and caregivers are very attentive and do a good job taking care of her. The place is clean, and my mother in law likes the food.

A tour for my mom

Waterford was nice and we would of placed my mom here, but it was alittle costly for us . The staff were nice and were to answer our questions about on the type of care that would of been available to her. care We did not see activities at the time of the tour. The meals seemed to be good. I feel that this would of been a great choice is we would of been able to afford the care. I recommend other families to see this beautiful community for the care of there loved one.

A Long Tour For Us

This community was very far for us. We had an appointment and when we got there the person was not there and did not make another arrangement for us. We waited for an hour for them to find someone else. That was not something I would approve. I did not feel that it was light and airy while at this community.

Moving from four to five stars

Our parents moved into the Waterford Grand in June 2016 and have been there almost a year already. They have enjoyed all the wonderful features there: the scenic location and wonderful views, the spacious dining area, a comfortable and well designed room, the state of the art exercise facilities, theater room, and all the other elegant interiors.

They have also been well served by the employees there. Their room is cleaned by courteous aids, they have regular health checks, and other aids have provided assisted care in their home. They have enjoyed the meals, and have been happy that the chef also regularly meets with residents for input. They have participated in the many special events and regular activities, and have begun to form friendships. All the employees have been very friendly and helpful, and responsive when there is a need.

They have found that the Waterford Grand is not perfect as it is experiencing “growing pains”. When they moved in the facility was just over 1/3 full, and now it is over 2/3 full. There have been staff turnovers, staff still learning or figuring out their jobs and other changes along the way. However through it all we have seen the staff at the Waterford Grand consistently strive to be better while maintaining the utmost courtesy and kindness. This speaks highly of the leadership and the ethics of the organization. I would say the Waterford Grand is “moving from four to five stars” as it is consistently growing from one of the very good senior facilities into what may become the best facility in the area.

Review from a Daughter

Twelve months ago our families lives changed and we needed to educate ourselves quickly for our parents changing needs. We called a family meeting and listened to our parents needs, wishes and expectations that would help them to continue their beautiful lives.
The large family home with fond memories was now to big and overwhelming to maintain safely, the decision was made to sell the home.
My parents and I set out to find the perfect place for them to move, knowing that we might not find "the perfect new home".
The wish list included, we actually carried the list with us during the Assisted Living visits. My parents expectations were extremely high and my father said that he was not going to leave the home that he designed and built on Spring Blvd. Over the next 2 months we visited 8 Assisted Living Facalities in Eugene and Springfield.
Our list included, Family Friendly, Resident activities, New and modern, Onsite medical care, Transportation,2 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, sitting area, lots of Windows,
Safe, Natural park like setting, Dining room with white linens and flowers, A menu to choose from, Friendly staff,
Involved owners or managers, My father has Lewy Body Dementia and over time may need additional care, Memory Care option, Exercise facility and trained staff, Onsite beauty salon for both parents, Housekeeping, Medication management this was a big problem for my parents when they were in their home, Peace of mind for our family, My mothers top bucket list item....FUN!, My mother also requested a meeting space for her women's group meetings.
After 2 month of research and my parents 100% support, we decided on Waterford Grand! The list above was not only met, Waterford Grand has exceeded all of our expectations and more!
My husband and I decided to rent out our house in Phoenix and rent an apartment across the street from Waterford Grand. I did not want to miss one single day away from this special time with my parents.
I love visiting my parents at least twice a day and eat the delicious lunch or dinner with them several times a week.
I count my blessings everyday, my parents live in the most amazing, safe, beautiful, friendly, FUN home on the river at Waterford Grand!

Dorian Arcuri

WOW!! Thank You so much for letting us know how satisfied you are with the Waterford Grand! Your mom and dad are very special to us. It has been a gift for us to become a part of your family.

I give them a solid B grade so far.

As a new facility I think they have been through some growing pains, but I've never had a concern about my mom. She enjoys the people who take care of her and the car service has relieved my load in terms of taking her to appointments. The activity staff does a nice job of putting together things for people to do and my wife and I have been to several things that people seemed to enjoy. I don't think the food is as good as the facility she lived at in Medford, but it seems they are making an effort to change up the menu and find things that people enjoy. For the price charged I'm surprised by the added cost for beer and wine. These were complimentary at her prior residence.
A little disappointed that the transportation was out of commission for a corporate visit. The residents should come first.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You so much for the kind words! Please contact us regarding your concerns so that we can hopefully work together to resolve them. Your mom adds such joy to our lives here!

Don't waste the time or energy, instant-pass

Talk about incompetent! The Administrators are yes-men, pure and simple, and the care-stuff are beyond clueless. They go through directors very quick, and there is always an excuse. I regret putting my father there.

Waterford Grand

As a brand new community, we’re sure that you can understand the numerous challenges associated with building the best team possible to make our vision for the Waterford a reality. We are so sorry to hear that you regret your decision to move your father into our community and we would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your concerns.

Could be better.

It's a beautiful place, but everything else could be better. I feel the staff is underpaid and that they are understaffed. My father's room was a disaster, he was missing clothes, we couldn't find his shoes. My mom dropped off a tv and they told her it wouldn't work there, I feel like they just said that. They do have a pool and a workout room and if I had to pay more to get them to wheel him to the workout room and they would actually do it, I would. One time his diaper hadn't been changed in a while. I'm not sure if he's been outside in three weeks. One time they told me at 10 am that they didn't serve breakfast, or it had just closed and they wouldn't even give me cereal. The receptionist upstairs is excellent and so nice! But the staff downstairs is not.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your review however it is very concerning. Please contact Jennifer Roberts at [removed] or Holly Hildenbrand at [removed] directly to discuss these concerns. It is only through open and honest communication that we can address issues such as yours.

Spotless Facility

This is a really nice facility I'm very pleased with my decision to move my mother here. The place is spotless and the staff is just wonderful. Even though it's taking some time for my mother too adjust but we understand its gonna take a little time for her to adjust. They are very attentive there and helping with all my mother's needs I know they have a tough job over there. Over all the place is really nice and they have everything there that their residents need.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for taking the time to write such kind words. We take our residents feelings very seriously and are so very appreciative that you choose us as your mother's home!

No one knew what they were doing!

My dad was their. No one knew what they were doing. His room was always dirty. The people were friendly but you could never find anyone, they stayed in meetings.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your review. Our residents should always be our number one priority. Please contact our Community Services Director, Jennifer Roberts, at [removed] to discuss your concerns. It is only through open and honest communication that issues, such as yours, can be addressed.

First two weeks have been great

We toured a number of facilities in the Eugene area. We chose Waterford Grand because of the gorgeous facility, good food, pleasant and helpful staff. The transition has gone better than I anticipated. Staff and residents have invited my mother to activities and made her feel welcome. She is able to exercise everyday which she had not been able to since she gave up driving. There is something happening everyday that captures her interest.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your lovely review! This can be such a stressful transition and we are delighted that your mom has adjusted so well. Thank You for choosing the Waterford Grand as her new home!

Beautiful

The place is really beautiful. The people are nice and friendly. My father really likes it and is in the memory care facility.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You so much for your kind words.

Lovely, but very expensive.

I have toured here, and they are lovely, just wonderful. But they are also very, very expensive. I think if you can afford it, then it would be wonderful, but I don't think we could pay the price.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your review, and thank you for touring the Waterford Grand! We realize that care costs can be quite high when placing a loved one into Assisted Living or Memory Care. This is the reason we made certain that our monthly rents are comparable to other communities in the area. Our studio apartment rent starts at a rate that is the same as our main competitors.

Amazing Staff

They have been an amazing staff. Very compassionate and hopeful. They really take the time to understand family dynamics and to get to know the residents to improve their quality of life and go above and beyond to make my mom feel comfortable. They have been incredibly patient and respectful in their care towards her.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for the lovely review, and thank you for letting us care for your mom!

My mother is content and happy.

My mother is in memory care and is very content. She is given attention and love. The cost for her care is expensive, but she is well worth it!

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your kind words. The cost for care is high and there are many communities to choose from in our area. We thank you for allowing us at the Waterford Grand to be your chosen one. This is a choice that we do not take lightly!

Waterford Grand is like living in a resort.

Waterford is like a resort. It is a beautiful setting in which to live and the people working there are warm and friendly.
There are activities available to participate in and a meal menu with choices available to select from. My mother, living in the memory care, has mentioned how beautiful her new home is and how caring the aides are. The cost to live there is the only drawback.

Dorian Arcuri

Thank You for your lovely review. We recognize that the cost of care for a loved one can be very expensive, and there are many choices available. We thank You for allowing us the privilege of caring for your mom.

Waterford Grand, a Personal Review.

The aides are personal and caring towards the residents and their guests. Some temp aides also work there and I believe Waterford is selective who they hire for permanent help. My only complaints may be that some residents may sleep a bit too much, the beauty salon is not open, the rent is expensive, and the LPN or director of memory care is not often present. Home Health Care from Sacred Heart is a wonderful service that is available. My mom now has a Physical Therapist and a nurse who come and check in with her. It gives me additional security knowing that certified medical personnel are monitoring aspects of her health. I take my mom upstairs to the main dining room once a week for dinner. The wait staff is very accommodating and pleasant. Usually my mom eats her meals in the memory care. Residents may choose their meals from a menu and eat at a time that is best for the resident. Most meals are served at once so that people may socialize. The memory care unit is secure and a fenced garden is provided that residents may access. The memory care is bright and beautifully furnished. My mother has commented on the beauty of her surroundings and the kindness of the people who help her. She seems very content and happy.