Emeritus at Amber Oaks - San Antonio, TX

Emeritus at Amber Oaks - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

With a few changes this could be a pleasant place to live.

The Executive Director [name removed] is very responsive and caring. The facility is clean and well maintained, The food is very good. The activity director is creative and provides nice activities.

The Nurse Management is lacking both in technical skills responsiveness and attitude which trickles down to the floor Nurses and Med Aides. It seems to be a systemic issue. If this were remedied this would be a very pleasant place to live.

Well-Maintained Community

[Removed] is an older community and could use some updates, but they do a very good job keeping it cleaned and well-maintained. The food always looks good, they definitely have a lot of activities there, the staff is always helpful, I think the prices are good, and I like that there is a lot of access to transportation so my loved one can get to appointments easily.

Unprofessional staff

I toured this community and it was just horrible. I walked up to the entrance and there were a bunch of residents sitting there with a cloud of smoke. I walked in behind one of the staff and she never once turned around and addressed me or asked if I needed help. I walked towards the nursing station and the entire time they were talking about personal things and never addressed me. The staff didn’t look like they were dressed cleanly or professionally and there was a horrible smell throughout the facility. I turned around and walked out. I would not recommend this place just based on my first impression.

I like it here

This facility is very nice and I like it. Everyone here has been so kind to me. The staff members treat me well and they take care of all my medical needs. It’s a very clean facility and it’s kept up with nicely. Recently they put up all of the Christmas decorations and they have trees throughout the community with ornaments on them. It’s very comfortable here and I would recommend them to other families.

Terrible

When I first entered to tour the community I was not greeted by anyone. It is not a great area and the facility was dirty. When I was looking at the other residents there, it just felt like a low class nursing in my opinion. I would not recommend to others

BED BUGS!

There are always bed bugs in most rooms. The staff try to cover the bed bugs problem when State arrives. My mother's roommate had bed bugs and the bugs ended up spreading to her room. I had to move my mom to a different assisted living in Cibalo. Brooksdale at Amber Oaks is a pretty rundown building. Not very sanitary...

So far so good!!

I have no complaints about the care that my brother has been receiving at this community. He has had no complaints about the food and has really enjoyed a few of the activities they have to offer throughout the day. He has only been there a short time now but so far everything is going well and I am pleased with the care that is being provided to him.

My mom has been a resident here since 9/15/2016. Facility and management are the best. They go out of their way to make new residents happy and comfortable. Great food & activities.

A Better Place

The care has been going well for my brother. He likes it at the community and they do lots for him. I am glad we found this place. He likes the meals they serve. The community is kept clean. He is getting stronger and walking a little more. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Facility seems nice. Candidates for residency must be fairly independent. Meals are provided but residents must be able to feed themselves. Must also be ambulatory, able to get in and out of bed on their own, accomplish personal grooming, remember to take meds, use the bathroom, and perform other basic functions of daily living without assistance. Also must be continent. Although mom is able to meet the physical requirements, she has been diagnosed with dementia which occasionally requires oversight (reminders) to ensure that she accomplishes routine personal functions as needed. Emeritus at Amber Oaks does not provide supervision or oversight for accomplishing personal hygiene or other routine functions of daily living. Therefore, my search for a facility that is able to accommodate clients dealing with dementia continues.

Toured, seemed nice!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept.

I'am satisfied With This Community

I'am satisfied with this community and everything they have done for our family. It is a pretty well -kept facility, there are some stains on the carpet. They have a good staff here at this community. The food has been a disappointing aspect, my brother would like more choices to choose from. We know he is safe and in good hands.

All Is Very Good

My mom likes the place very much. The staff are attentive and are great with the care. Our experience has been great so far, we have not had any issues or problems. The meals are good, I like the menu.

Pre-Process Phase

Currently, we are still in the processing stages of getting my father in-law into Emeritus at Amber Oaks.

However, the staff has been exceptional in assisting me with my needs and going the extra mile to assure that we are happy with the decision we have made.

There are many options out thereally and so much negative feedback. What I would like to tell others is that every place has good and bad things no matter what the 'star rating' might be. You must look at the entire package and determine what is best all around.

I will give another review in about 3 months or so.

Thanks.

Nice Dining Area

My tour at this community went very well. Everyone was very nice and kind. The community looked great, they have very nice rooms, and a nice dining area. It is a bit on the expensive side. I feel the community wasn't as appealing as I would like it. It is a nice facility, and they offer good food and nice activities. It just wasn't the right place for my wife and I.

No Complaints

My wife's grandmother is doing well so far, no complaints. She seems to have adjusted well into the community. I have not noticed any problems with the cleaning, everything looks nice . The staff is okay. My wife hasn't had any problems with them . It is a good community to take a look at, I would recommend it .

Going fine. . .

So far, everything is going fine at Emeritus. At this time, I do not have any complaints as far as the staff or the facility are concerned.

the property definitely needs a refresh

We are pleased with Emeritus at Amber Oaks. The property definitely needs a refresh, new paint, new wall paper, etc. The personnel and the intake at this facility really go the extra mile. I want to make sure they are giving him extra attention since dad is an introvert and any time I have had a question or concern the stay are real quick to get back with me and help. The staff are a real asset and the building is adequate for the price.

They've done a really good job helping my dad transition to the place.

The accommodations and room are fine, the food is not.

The room accommodations are fine, but dad does not like the way the food is prepared. It is not what he thought it was going to be when he moved there. He eats less than one meal a week there, the rest of the time he goes out and buys his food. It's not even as good as cafeteria food. The eggs are watery. They're not even real eggs, they're powdered eggs, with water running in them when they're served. Evening lunch and dinner are about the same. Looks like something you'd pull out of a frozen food section then heat it up and put it on a plate and serve

If your senior is placed in the 3rd f...

If your senior is placed in the 3rd floor..be aware that
The job of the floor staff is to dispense medicine.. Nothing else
The rooms smell of urine...complaints are handled ...not
There appears to be no recorded history of doctors visits...
The bathrooms are cleaned once weekly.... The rooms are old. The carpet smells
Etc. etc. etc....and yes you get what you pay for.....it is such a shame .....
Very very very bad experience.....

Great Place For Young in Age and Heart

I believe we have finally located the perfect place for my 58 year old mentally disabled brother! We have been in several different assisted living communities over the years and, while most were very good, they lacked the younger ages (under 70) that would best relate...

I was very impressed with Emeritus, the staff and its wonderful residents who made my brother feel right at home. Even after several weeks, he is happy, building relationships (something he did not have to any large degree at previous facilities) and actually getting out more...

I am very happy with Emeritus and recommend it highly to anyone searching for a place that really cares, is clean and treats its residents as if they were family! Please keep up the great work!! You are a wonderful example for others to follow....

Pricing was right, facility...

Pricing was right, facility was too old

Great Job - to the staff at The Emeritus at Amber a Oaks!

Staff was courteous and very professional throughout the application, the orientation and the medical assessment process. After move-in, the staff has remain very courteous and helpful in meeting my mother's needs and questions.

Great living environment. Cool staff....

Great living environment. Cool staff. Very clean

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.