Brookdale Deer Park - Cincinnati, OH

Amber Park provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

The facility was nice but not as nice as others we have looked at closer to our home. The price was higher than A Place for Mom quoted. It was too far away for us and the size of the room and quality of the finishes was not what we expected for the cost.

Great value, very pleased!

We move my parents here about a month ago from an independent living community because they required more care. We have been very pleased with the nurses and aides at Brookdale Deer Park! They have been attentive and friendly and both of my parents have put on a few pounds, which was much needed! The meals look and smell delicious and mm really enjoys Bingo, shopping trips, church services, and the beauty shop they have on site. Definitely worth the money and the best value we could find in town!

Nice Community, Bigger Than We Would Like

I had a pleasant tour of this community. It was a good experience, and everyone was very kind. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was friendly and nice. It is a big community, and I didn't feel that was good for my mother in law. It is a nice place, but not the one for us.

A warm and lovely community

I moved my mother to Brookdale Deer Park a little over a month ago and I have been very pleased. Her studio apartment is cozy and just the right size. The common areas are comfortable and inviting. The staff have been very friendly and helpful - especially the activities staff! Lots of activities to participate in if your loved one is interested.

My mom was even allowed to bring her pet cat and he has adjusted very well, too!

The whole place just has a very calm and welcoming vibe. It has been a blessing to know that my mother is safe and well looked after.

Definitely check it out!

My parents have lived at this community for about a year. The Sales Director was very helpful and went out of her way to make sure we understood the process before my parents moved in. Although there were a few minor bumps in the first couple weeks there, my parents have adjusted and they enjoy going on shopping trips, outings, and all the activities that are going on. I would recommend this community! Very homelike and compassionate staff!

I am happy with the care here!!

The nurses are great and the person I have been working with at the community is very responsive. They have a social hour every Friday evening. The rooms are nice and they each have a balcony that faces a courtyard. The food is good and the staff are very accommodating. If mom does not feel up to going to the dining room they will bring her meals to her room. I would recommend this community as they are very responsive.

Did not work for us!!

When the person completed the evaluation of mom I felt that they were not correct in their suggestion. They said she would do well in assisted living. She was only at this community for four days before there was a fall. It felt like they just wanted to get people into the community and did not seem to care completely about their needs. Their promises felt hollow as they did not follow through on them.

Beautiful, homey place!

We just moved my mom into assisted living at Brookdale Deer Park. The community recently had a renovation and is beautiful without being too "over the top." My mom likes that it is very homey and the staff is friendly and helpful. She likes her glass of Chardonnay with her dinner each evening and the chef brings it out to her, which puts a smile on her face! Very impressed with the personal touches from the team and everyone who assists my mom!

Lack of Privacy

To date services have been good. The only thing that bothers my mother is the lack of privacy. She experiences people entering her apartment (room) without properly knocking. It startles her to have someone standing over her while she is still in the bed and not awake.

Nice and Friendly

The people there are very nice and very friendly and I get along with everyone at Amber Park very well. But it is difficult to get help sometimes; like when you press the button to alert the staff they don't come sometimes, etc.

really?

Lots of nice people. Does not run as smoothly as it should.

We are very happy with them.

Everything has been fine so far. We are very happy with them. I would give them a five at this point.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Amber Park seemed like a very nice place overall, the facility was clean and well kept and the rooms looked nice. The people here seemed friendly and helpful and very eager to help out. However, I don't think it would have been the best match for us in terms of care. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Amber Park and A Place for Mom review

My mother is a new resident in the secure memory care unit. To date we have been most impressed with the ratio of staff to residents and the care that she is receiving. The activities director is wonderful! The marketing staff and the nurses and aides have gone out of their way to make the move in experience as painless as possible. In general we are very pleased not only with the facility but more importantly with the staff that is providing care for my mother. My thanks to Lisa Newman of A Place for Mom who assisted our family in helping us to secure an appropriate placement for our family member.

They make you feel welcomed

They make you feel welcomed. They have been friendly and nice. It's a good place. The facility is clean. It has been a pretty good experience so far.

Did not have a good experience

We did not have a good experience with Amber Park. I don't feel like they followed through with the extra degree of care that I was paying for. I also was not impressed at all with the food, in addition to the fact that they had a flood in the kitchen which put it out of commission for an extended period of time.

Just beginning

This place is housed in an older building and some of the visuals are "not the ritz". However, we do not need that, and are glad that we can live in a place that meets the requirements without costing too much. It's a bit difficult to get the initial attention needed to find out particulars and how things actually work. A person has to be proactive in placing a loved one here, as with many other senior living homes. It's turning out to be comfortable and caring. I rate this facility to be very friendly.

Fine for people who need a nursing home

They didn't have any room and we were on a waiting list. It felt like a nursing home and that's the one thing I didn't like about it. People were out in the hallway, in wheelchairs, by the nursing station and it just felt like a nursing home which would have been fine for my dad, I felt that they could take care of my dad completely, until end of life and that was my main goal, to keep them together instead of putting him in a nursing home and having my step-mom somewhere else. For my step mother, she's completly healthy and I didn't want her to be in that atmosphere.

What a nice place! I just wish...

What a nice place! I just wish the two-room apt Tessa showed me had more closet space! At present, no one there is on a full-time gf diet. They'd be glad to talk with their chef, of course. A first-time visitor isn't sure which of the front-facing entries is THE front door, (turned out to be the one without an electronic key-pad lock). Nice welcome inside! I forgot to ask re stairways. The 20 steps over my present garage keep my legs strong. Pretty rudimentary 'gym,' but they're working on that.

Not crazy about location, a...

Not crazy about location, appearance.

Great facility. Have been familiar w...

Great facility. Have been familiar with the facility through its orignal owner. Its weathered well.

A little more expensive but really ni...

A little more expensive but really nice place. Offered help with VA Benefit package.

Clean environment. Lots of programs f...

Clean environment. Lots of programs for residents and relatively friendly staff.One Bdrm was separarated and kitchenette contained amall refrigerator and microwave w/ small sink.

small and very comfortable & cozy; wi...

small and very comfortable & cozy; wide variety of monthly activities; attractive studio apt.

Wonderful home-like atmosphere, super...

Wonderful home-like atmosphere, superior staff, great food, and resort setting. Hallways are wide and public rooms are inviting. All meals are provided.