Evergreen Cottages - Katy, TX

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. This was a nice, clean community. We were looking for a private room and all they had were semi-private rooms. So it just wasn't a good fit for my mom. I would recommend families tour as many places as they can before making a decision.

Great Assisted Living/Memory Care in Katy

My mother has been a resident at Evergreen's Magnolia Cottage location on Provincial for just over a month and it's been a great experience, especially contrasted to her previous stay at a large memory care facility where she was unhappy. There are some absolutely wonderful and very caring staff here and they truly make this a great place to live. The private bedrooms and bathroom are really nice, and the common area and kitchen are both lovely, bright and welcoming. My mother also likes the back garden area. Moving my mother to Evergreen was a very good decision for our family.

It has been a very good experience for my loved one. She is happy and we are happy. I highly recommend this home because the meals are great, you watch them make the food and they give more one on one attention to their residents. It is a great place.

Such a blessing to have found this place!

Prior to moving Mom to Evergreen she was at the Sunrise on Mason Road and I was in dire need of getting her out of there as soon as we could. When we found Evergreen we knew it was the perfect place for Mom just based on the staff. They took a personal interest to Mom from the moment we walked in the door and since she's been there we've seen a significant change in Mom. She is a whole lot stronger than she was prior and I couldn't be more thankful for Vanessa and Donna (the hospice nurse). Donna calls at least twice a week to update us on Mom and her progress which I really appreciate!! Thanks to A Place For Mom for helping me find such a fabulous place for Mom!

Great Experience

Our mother was in a drastic, frightening mental decline while living at a large senior assisted living facility, therefore, our family decided that for our mother's safety, welfare and well-being, we needed to find another smaller, more personalized assisted living facility for her fast. We feel blessed to have found Evergreen Cottages (with only 19 residents) and were able to move mom there within a week. The staff was very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make mom feel welcome and helped her get settled and acclimated. The surroundings are clean and tasteful, the staff & atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff are always willing to listen to concerns and help the residents as necessary. Vanessa, RN & Executive Director, takes a personal interest in each resident. She manages their medications professionally and communicates effectively & efficiently with family members. The rest of the staff are trained and compassionate at caring for the elderly with or without memory issues. Each resident is encouraged to do what they can & help themselves, but no one is forced. No resident is allowed to be isolated and alone in their room during the day except for short naps. Staff members even look in on residents frequently every 1-2 hours throughout the night when residents are sleeping. Residents get their teeth brushed at least once (or twice) daily. Food, snacks and drinks are healthy and available.
Mom has only been at Evergreen Cottages since Dec 30th (less than 6 weeks), but we have already noticed a healthy, wonderful, positive change in her. Kudos to Evergreen Cottages for taking such wonderful, compassionate care of our mother and the other residents living in their facility. We feel confident that Mom is at the BEST place for her and is getting the BEST care possible.
Thank you Evergreen Cottages!

Evergreen Cottages is a blessing!

Our loved one has been living at Evergreen Cottages for about 4 weeks and is doing very well. The intimate 16 person facility, the 24 hour personal care and the complete involvement of all the staff have made this the most comfortable and safest place for our loved one. The care and kindness of Evergreen Cottages just blows me away! I think the dog is great. She is a puppy that was found in bad shape on the property. She is now healthy and I believe that when she is a bit older, the plan is to train her as a service dog. This is just one of the ways that Evergreen Cottages uses creativity to develop therapeutic activity for its residents.

Beautiful, smaller community

This was one of the locations we looked at when looking into memory care for our loved one. It is a very nice looking place, and the staff we spoke with were very friendly and helpful. It's a much smaller, more intimate community than some that we looked at. Unfortunately our loved one had a specific level of needs that they didn't quite fit.

16 Residents

They kind of gave me a special deal. They contracted me out for two years at a certain price because I couldn't afford more than that. The care is okay. They're better than some of the other facilities that have more people in them. I think the limit here is 16 so they have fewer people to take care which means better care.

I know that they play bingo and basketball and I know they have church on Sunday. I didn't look at any other places because this is really close and I got it for a good price. It's just a better environment. I've been happy there until they got dog. I don't know why they let this one person have dogs. It's just not, to me, conducive to have with dementia people.

Like the fact that it is cl...

Like the fact that it is close to my home and church. Love the layout, beautiful kitchen,and large yard. Lots of research in designing facility. Bedrooms are smaller than what I had hoped for. I would like to return at a non meal time to observe interactions.Bill was very easy to talk to.

Our philosophy is simple - to create an environment that nourishes all involved at every level – our residents, their families, and our caregivers that work so tirelessly.How we do this is unique: Loving care by specially trained nurses and caregivers in a community that’s large enough to utilize the latest in dementia care research and technology and yet small enough to give you the comforts of home in a personal, intimate setting.