[name removed] and [name removed] were extremely helpful and professional.

Quality personal care provided by human beings who truly care.

My father, who recently died at age 93 in advanced dementia, was fortunate to have spent his last days in comfort here at Bethel Place. I live at a distance, and each time I visited I saw more details that underline the quality of care. And no, they did not know I was coming ahead of time.
Excellent quality care, stemming from their core belief of how human beings should treat each other: with respect, love and compassion as if belonging to one family. My tangible measures of quality were •cleanliness, •environment, •staff/resident ratio, •types of care, •medical care, and •responsiveness.
• Cleanliness: The house looks and smells like home upon entering. Everything is clean, and I often saw staff cleaning surfaces and floors between times caring for residents. Laundry is done daily.
• Environment: Lots of windows looking out onto nature, natural light, blinds, paintings, homey linens and patterns, inviting yet open layout with couch, oblong dining room table, comforting buzz of people talking and moving about or cooking, TV on but not invasive. The temperature was always comfortable---not too cool or warm.
• Staff/resident ratio: I saw about a 1/3 ratio managing a handful of residents needing varying degrees of care. Care was customized for each person, according to abilities and desires. Staff truly show care and provide emotional comfort. As they passed by a resident, they would stop to make a brief comment or touch a shoulder. I saw them tease my father or mug a face to make him smile. His skin was clean and supple from lotion whenever I happened to see him. Daily or whenever possible, they got him dressed and in a wheelchair and took him to the dining room in the common area to be fed and to interact with other people. The level of care he received made me realize he received enough regular physical contact to be comforted several times in a day. (My father was always a physically affectionate and sentimental person who would shed tears at Love Boat episodes in his earlier life!)
• Types of care: wide range of care including dementia care and palliative care.
• Medical care: Doctor on call, visiting once a week, familiar with each resident. My father would have died of pneumonia if the staff and doctor had not moved so quickly to get him into the hospital.
• Responsiveness: [name removed and [name removed], the owner/managers, were on the phone with me many times daily during a recent visit where I was trying to get my father transferred back to Bethel following a hospitalization. In addition to being professional and thorough, they were both engaged and responsive as a guide and coordinator through processes (i.e. connecting health system, medications, insurance, transport, etc.).
Finally, the Big Thing tying this picture together is that everyone has the willing support of all the others. The staff members pitch in to help each other, the managers help the staff by making sure they have the resources, and everyone works as one team, each contributing as well their own personal expertise. Residents can contribute in caring ways too. In short, the human value of love and kindness to others undergirded every word, every action I saw. What a rare characteristic these days! It is one that cannot be bought or sold. I sincerely recommend Bethel for anyone in need and who wishes to perpetuate this most intangible human virtue.

Good Place for Mom

We have been very pleased with the care they give our mother. She is well cared for. They keep on top of her appointments as well as her transportation. They keep in good contact with us. We are very appreciative of all they do for her. The home is very nice and clean.

Relieved to have found Bethel Place!

Finding a facility where a parent who is used to being independent can be happy is not easy. Without sharing the details of our family's travails, Bethel Place has been a God send. Mom is well cared for, happy as is possible in such circumstances, and her health issues have stabilized as a result of the consistent care she receives.

The facility is clean. Not just clean, it doesn't smell like many of these facilities often do. The furniture and decorations are modern and attractive. The staff interacts well with the residents and are always polite and friendly when I visit.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. This was a nice, clean community. We were looking for a private room and all they had were semi-private rooms. So it just wasn't a good fit for my mom. I would recommend families tour as many places as they can before making a decision.

They really cared

I really want to move my Grandmother into this community but, unfortunately, this facility is flooded. The facility itself when I toured was clean and very well maintained. All of the furnishings and décor were above average. This is a place you would really want to look. It appears to be professionally decorated. Everything was very well appointed. They also had a nice big kitchen and dining room. All of the staff I met was very friendly. They seemed very knowledgeable, caring, and sincere. They had plenty of staff to take care of all of the residents. The rooms are nice and spacious but there is no kitchen. They did tell me I bring a mini fridge in if my Grandmother wanted one. When I went to tour the staff had everyone around the table in the dining room playing board games. The staff really doesn’t like residents sitting in their rooms all day. They bring them to the community room and have them watch TV so they can mingle with each other. I would really recommend this facility.

Not the right fit

Looking back I don't think this place was the best fit for my wife. She needed much more medical care than what they were prepared to offer and I don't think the staff at first completely understood the intense care she required. After talking to the administration things got a little better.

Father's care

I am not happy with the care at this community. The staff did not take care of my father as I was informed. The community was clean, but the staff did not take care of my father on several occasions. He was not ever taken out of his bed to particpate with the other in activites that may have been offered. I would not recommend this community to other families. I would suggest that they tour the community before making a decesion for a loved one.

Excellent care

Very nice place. The manager was very knowledgeable, had a keen sense of what we needed & hw well to take care of my Mom. We have been having a great time at Bethel & the care has always been tops. I will recommend this place to all. Thanks!

Very Recommended!!

When i first got to visit this community i didn't have an actual tour guide but i liked that a staff member showed me all around the community. I got to see some interaction between staff and residents. I liked the way the residents reacted when they engaged in activities. Now that my father lives here i really like the way they communicate with us. The staff keep my father active, it has been a good experience for all of us.

Excellent Care

This is a excellent community. A very nice place for seniors. very clean community and the rooms were well taken care of. I think that others should consider this location for good care. The staff gave excellent care and were very helpful.