Colonial Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care in Katy - Katy, TX

So homey and welcoming

While looking for a place for my mother, I have gone and seen numerous places. This location ended up winning. Everyone has gone out of their way to help my mother adjust. Out of all the places, this place spent more time with my mother with her questions and giving her answers. They weren’t so pushy compared to other staff at other locations. This area really felt like home. My mother really liked the color scheme too of the interior design: yellows and greens. It was similar to what my mom would have in her home. What I also liked was that they invited me back for a second tour to see how things were during different parts of the day: like lunch or their activities. It was just so welcoming. What I also liked is to see everyone up and about. I would see people walking down the hallways; people would be in the activity rooms, and people in the lobby area. The staff team really encouraged people to be social and out of their rooms. To me this was a big selling point. Their medical team is also outstanding. Before coming here, my mother had issues with sleeping too much. The nurses did some blood work with her and found that she was being over medicated. She was prescribed all this medication and they tried to explain to us that she doesn’t really need that. I am very pleased with their medical team and if my mom every needs anything she has a little button that she can press and someone will there as quickly as possible. One thing I will say that could use improvement is their food. To me, it seems very bland. I understand that there are seniors and the cook team is very conscious with their dietary needs, but it just seems that there is no variety. Their menu is put out by month. The dining area has a restaurant like atmosphere. It is quite big with tables that sit four people. The staff also matches you with people you would get along with. For any reason you don’t like sitting with that person, you just “play musical chairs” until you find someone you can social with. The staff seems to be real alert and responsive with that. Another huge selling point is how you pay everything. Comparted to other places, this is one of the view that their rates were all inclusive causing it to be cheaper. Nothing was itemized, nothing was broken down, and everything was just included. This made my life easier because it just gets complicated if everything just started piling up with certain care services.

I toured this community

I toured this community for my mom. The staff was nice and helpful with my questions. It was clean and kept up good but just felt it wasn't as clean as the others I have toured. It seemed disorganized. We had to choose another community.

The room/apartment designs of Colonial Oaks are really well thought out and provide the a feeling of independent living while still getting the benefits of the Assisted and community care.

I like the tour from my father's care. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed seeing a clean community with a nice variety on the menu of healthy meals. They do offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Good visit. [Remo ved] very nice and knowledgeable.

Close to perfect!

Overall, my loved one's stay at Colonial Oaks is going very well! The staff are very nice and very personable, and they are sure to cater to my loved one's needs. My loved one's stay at Colonial Oaks is pretty close to perfect!

GET RID OF THE CURRENT DIRECTOR ASAP

I WILL BE COMPLETELY HONEST AS LONG AS THE DIRECOR IN CAHRGE AT THS VERY MOMENT STAYS IN CHARGE THERE WONT BE A COLONIAL OAKS MUCH LONGER SHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE RESIDENTS SHE IS JUST THERE TO RECEIVE A CHECK SHE TELLS LIES TO THE FAMILIES AND GIVES THEM FALSE EXPECTATIONS THAT SHE KNOWS CAN NOT BE MET BUT IN ORDER TO GET ROOMS OCCUPIED SHE WILL DO WHATEVER SHE HAS TO AND ITS UNFAIR TO THE RESIDENTS AS WELL AS THE EMPLOYEES THIS IS NOT AN ASSISTED LIVING FASCILITY THIS IS INDEED A FANCIER NURSING HOME NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING FOR THEMSELVES FROM WHAT IVE SEEN MORE THAN 50% OF THE PEOPLE ARE INCONTINENT WHICH MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE CAREGIVERS TO GET TO THE NEXT RESIDENT DUE TO SPENDING SO MUCH TIME WITH RESIDENTS WHO ARE COMPLETELY BED-RIDDEN THIS PLACE DEFINITELY NEEDS A NEW MENAGER DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES HERE UNLESS THEY ARE IN NURSING HOME STATUS!!! THE CAREGIVERS WORK LIKE SLAVES AND ONLY BEING PAID 9.50 OR LESS AN HOUR WITH ALL THE MONEY THE PLACE IS MAKING I THINK THAT SHOULD BE OUT-LAWED WHEN I HEARD A YOUNG LADY SAY HOW MUCH SHE MADE AND THE TIME FRAME SHE HAD BEEN THERE I ALMOST FAINTED AND EVERY TIME YOU GO VISIT YOUR FAMILY OR LOVED ONE PLEASE DO NOT EXPET TO SEE THE SAME CAREGIVERS THEY QUIT LIKE THEY ARE EVACUATING THE TURN-OVER RATE IS JUST RIDICULOUS ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE PLEASE LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE I TOOK MY LOVED ONES OUT..

Breath of fresh air

My mother has only been here for a week.. But from the first phone call with this location was GREAT.. with me being the only child this was already a difficult transition for my family the staff Erin & Georgia made this experience painless and very easy... The patient staff that works directly with my mom are GREAT!!! I would recommend this location to tons of families!!!!

Motel 6 of Assisted Living

If your only choice is living out door or Colonial Oaks; then stay here. It's a low cost facility, and it's run like this. There is not adequate trained staff for number of residents. My in-laws had wait times of over an hour at times, after activating their emergency pendants. Food was adequate, but no fresh fruit. The management approach to tennants is, everyone gets same support, very little personalization, due to inadequate staffing. My beef is with the management, not staff, they did best they could with limited resources. The facility itself is nice and the apartments are spacious compared to similar assited living properties. As long as same management inplace, support will continue to be minimal.

We are really happy with Colonial Oaks.

We are really happy with Colonial Oaks. They can be a little slow to respond, but there are no complaints. It's really been a good experience, she is happy there and that is what counts. The food is pretty good, if there is something they don't want there are always alternatives they can order. Her only complaint, and it isn't a complaint really, is that there is too much food and she can't eat it all. The staff is really friendly. I liked the location, and they seemed to have a better value than the other place we checked in the area.

Great Community

I thought this place was the best of the communities that I've seen. The community was very clean, and the staff was very friendly, especially Erinn, who was very informative. The price was comparable to other communities in the area with memory care services. I only saw the general community, not the memory care unit, but everyone seemed happy, and the activities were well attended.

Good Activities but Lacking Care

They were alright. They have a very good activities program but their care was a little lacking for our liking. They do have a memory care portion but we had already moved him out by the time we would have considered it, and we had some issues that we weren't willing to go back to.

Great looking place, very helpful staff

This was one of the locations we toured at when looking into memory care for our loved one. It was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed caring and professional. Our loved one had a very specific level of care that we didn't feel they were an exact fit for, and they actually pointed us in the direction of another facility that they knew had what we wanted, which was amazingly helpful of them, and very nice.

Just got new carpet. Nice t...

Just got new carpet. Nice theater with comfy chairs, beauty salon. Variety of floor plans.

Celebrating life and new beginnings is something that happens every day at Colonial Oaks Assisted Living And Memory Care. Through our celebration of life and new beginnings, residents receive the assistance they need and develop new friendships. Our supportive lifestyle and our nurturing programs give our families peace of mind, knowing our residents are enjoying each day to the fullest. The members of our staff are dedicated, well-trained, and motivated by the positive experiences they share with each resident.