Sunrise of Cinco Ranch - Katy, TX

No one champions quality of life for seniors like Sunrise. We’ve devoted 30 years to refining our resident-centered care, building the most passionate and skilled teams who get to know our residents, and filling every community with the special touches of home.

Relationship-based Care Our designated care managers form rich relationships by getting to know you and your preferences, from what time you like to wake up in the morning to your favorite meal. We are friends you can turn to at any time. This close relationship helps us make sure you receive the care you need, as soon as you need it.

A Team of Serving Hearts Serving seniors is our calling. Our designated care managers hone their skills through hands-on experience and in-depth training programs at our own Sunrise University – so each team member is delivering care the Sunrise way. You’ll find our joy in serving you is contagious.

Peace of Mind At Sunrise, you can have peace of mind in knowing that we’re here for you around the clock.

From the moment you decide to move in, and every step along the way, we work hard to make sure you’re living life to the fullest and not worrying about anything else. We provide monthly wellness visits with a nurse so that your care meets your changing needs, and we always keep you and your loved ones informed.

The Joy of Every Day We give every resident at Sunrise a life filled with purpose and hope. Our commitment to making every day special is what makes the Sunrise experience so unique. This is just as true for those with memory loss. Our Reminiscence program provides a nurturing environment focused on preserving dignity, engaging in meaningful activities and offering ongoing support to residents and their families.

Enriching Mind, Body & Spirit Our vibrant programs are designed around what you find joy in doing, so there’s always something fulfilling to do. Whether you prefer leading a bridge club, enjoying a glass of wine with your neighbors

Very homey

While looking for a place for my mother, I have gone and seen numerous places. This location ended up winning. Everyone has gone out of their way to help my mother adjust. Out of all the places, this place spent more time with my mother with her questions and giving her answers. They weren’t so pushy compared to other staff at other locations. This area really felt like home. My mother really liked the color scheme too of the interior design: yellows and greens. It was similar to what my mom would have in her home. What I also liked was that they invited me back for a second tour to see how things were during different parts of the day: like lunch or their activities. It was just so welcoming. What I also liked is to see everyone up and about. I would see people walking down the hallways; people would be in the activity rooms, and people in the lobby area. The staff team really encouraged people to be social and out of their rooms. To me this was a big selling point. Their medical team is also outstanding. Before coming here, my mother had issues with sleeping too much. The nurses did some blood work with her and found that she was being over medicated. She was prescribed all this medication and they tried to explain to us that she doesn’t really need that. I am very pleased with their medical team and if my mom every needs anything she has a little button that she can press and someone will there as quickly as possible. One thing I will say that could use improvement is their food. To me, it seems very bland. I understand that there are seniors and the cook team is very conscious with their dietary needs, but it just seems that there is no variety. Their menu is put out by month. The dining area has a restaurant like atmosphere. It is quite big with tables that sit four people. The staff also matches you with people you would get along with. For any reason you don’t like sitting with that person, you just “play musical chairs” until you find someone you can social with. The staff seems to be real alert and responsive with that. Another huge selling point is how you pay everything. Compared to other places, this is one of the view that their rates were all inclusive causing it to be cheaper. Nothing was itemized, nothing was broken down, and everything was just included. This made my life easier because it just gets complicated if everything just started piling up with certain care services.

Staff seemed pushy

While looking for a place for my mother, I have gone and seen numerous places. When I went for a tour at this particular location, we spent thirty minutes with processing. They seemed like they had to justify their costs to me. Rather than telling us “We hope you’re comfortable with our facility”, it was like “oh, she’ll like it here. Everybody is happy”. I actually didn’t talk to any residents or saw any while I was there. This was a bit concerning to me because I like places that encourage their residents to be out and about from their rooms. It is a beautiful place however, just did not seem so social comparted to other places. Another thing is their service payment. Depending on how much service one may need, they would just pile everything on top of each other with different service care. I like the simplicity with no other prices, no breakdowns, and no itemizing.

Just not It

I toured this community for my mom and it was nice and clean. The staff answered my questions and were helpful. But we thought it just wasn't the right fit.

I would've loved to keep my husband here

I loved this community because they were so close to my residence. But unfortunately, I did have to move my husband because they were unable to provide the level of care he needed. The facility and staff were very warm and inviting. They even gave me a binder with everyone’s business card and job description so I knew who to contact with any problems. Everyone is very courteous and they seem like they really care. Any time the staff had to get ahold of me they would find any means necessary; either by text, calling, etc. They always looked out for my husband’s best interest. When we had to move him, the staff was very apologetic. What I really loved is all of the staff wore different colored scrubs for their different titles so we know what color to look for if we needed a nurse. Everyone here was just so friendly. They knew his name and even greeted me by my name. The facility itself was always clean and free of clutter. For activities, they had arts/crafts, music time, TV time, and movies that were appropriate for their generation. As for the food, it wasn’t something my husband would eat every day. To me, the food always looked good and smelled great. They always had plenty of food, water, and coffee out during the day that they could snack on at their leisure. The night we arrived he had made a comment that a hamburger sounded really nice and hadn’t had one in a while. Not shortly after, the staff brought him a hamburger. That really shows you how attentive and caring they really are. I would have loved to keep my husband here. I would highly recommend this community.

Excellent, considering this facility

Care and options

We toured this community for care and the staff was nice. This community seemed to be clean from what we did see. We did not get to see a lot, but it was a little more cost then what we could do. Families might consider a tour of the community to see if it is what they are needing.

Recommend to Go Take A Tour

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community was well-kept from what we saw. The staff we met was kind. The experience was a pleasant one. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother to for her needs. Even though this wasn't the community for us, I would recommend for someone to go to take a tour. It is a nice place.

Respect and Care

My mother was a resident here for over 2 years. Our family cannot say enough good things about this facility. Yes, it is expensive but your family member is so well taken care of.

It Looks So Very Nice With Full Assistance

I had a tour here and I got to see a beautiful community. However the price to live here was too high. It provided full assistance which what we did not need. The price was too much for us.

Pleasant experience!!

I have no complaints about the experience my mom had with this community. She was only there for a short period of time but the staff took great care of her and always made sure she was comfortable in her living environment. They have a great activity program and offer various nutritious meals throughout the week. I would defiantly recommend this organization to anyone.

Wonderful place, but a tad expensive. Very, very clean. Very friendly residents.

I Was Expecting More

My tour went good and I got to see how nice the community looked. The community added more care cost that was about 2 thousand more. I felt like the staff were not well experienced and although it does look very nice I was not getting that "Home-like" feeling.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

I Found The Right Community

My parents are loving it here. The community is very exceptional. The food tastes so good, I get every chance to eat here too! They have many activities available and take outings in the limo or mini bus. They are really doing everything right and I have seen a good difference in my parents. The staff seem to like their job and care about the residents.

Toni was very gracious and wonderful.

We spoke with Toni on a few occasions as we were looking into places. She was on the ball and called me often. Some places just never followed up with us, but Toni stayed in contact. They were a little more upscale of a place than was a good fit for us, but when we let Toni know we had gone with another place, she was gracious and happy for us, and even reassured us that we would be in good hands.

Sunrise, the place to be!

After touring several facilities in the area, we found Sunrise to most closely meet the needs of our loved one. The place is beautifully decorated and has a very homey atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The residents have a variety of activities to choose from and appear to be engaged. I would highly recommend considering this facility.

Attentive and Communicative

It has been quite an experience, they are very attentive to what is going on and they stay in touch and communicate well. If there is a problem or anything they call me and we discuss options on how to make things go smoothly. All of the employees have been very friendly and outgoing. They really seem to enjoy their job.

cost went up astronomically

At Sunrise of Cinco Ranch the cost went up astronomically than what I thought it would be. I was very specific about what the needs of my parents were upfront. I would have liked to record the conversation we had before they got here. It was one of the more expensive going in the door and then they jump the cost 40% once my parents are in. I just don't think that is right. I don't think we will be staying there long unless something is worked out. The facility is lovely. The people are really nice. But because of the price jump I would not recommend it. Also they charge by the day for certain services and then they are not doing those services. I know it for a fact. The staff are supposed to help get them dressed but I am getting them dressed. My mom and dad are very happy but of course they are when they are getting rooms service and living like it's the Ritz Carlton. I realize you pay for luxury but they were not upfront with us at all.

had a good time

Dad was only at Sunrise of Cinco Ranch for a short while. I was pleased in that time with the facility overall. The staff said he had a good time and dad was always socializing. I would definitely use them again.

Toni was extremely knowledg...

Toni was extremely knowledgeable in her field. She was caring and very focused on what would be good for mom. Toni is sending someone to evaluate mom even though she knows we may not choose her place. She wants us to know precisely what we are looking for in a care home. I was impressed with what they do with activities even on a Sat. The residents were engaged and happy. Location may be the only hold up for us with this one.

Very pleased - looked no further.

I had to move my elderly mother to Houston before I moved myself and family. Felt very confident that this facility could handle all her needs in my absence until I could get settled in Texas. They were incredibly accommodating. They seemed genuinely interested in WHO my mother was and what she NEEDED as opposed to how much money was in her bank account (the last facility in Florida was a money-sucker and we didn't get as near as good help as we do at Sunrise!) She has only been there a few weeks, but I can say that the initial interview, tour, and admission paperwork clued me in that this was indeed the BEST place for mom!

2 bedroom, 1 bath, patio?

2 bedroom, 1 bath, patio?

Very nice place, great memory care options

This is a great place. It's beautiful, and everyone we spoke with was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We toured quite a few places looking into memory care, and this was the one that we selected in the end. The feature that really made it stand out was the 3 level system of the memory care, it was the only place we looked at that had it. Most locations had either a high or low level of care, but our loved one was in an in-between stage and this worked out perfectly for her.

Excellent! Very Caring Staff and Good Care

My mother-in-law and father-in-law were there for four years. They have since passed away but it was a wonderful place with a caring staff. It was excellent. I would recommend them any day of the week! The staff were really really friendly and they developed a relationship with all the residents there. When you walk in you felt like you were welcome. They took really good care of the residents.

Largest 2 bedroom is 682sf.

Largest 2 bedroom is 682sf.

I toured it and I like it--very homey.

I toured it and I like it--very homey.