Villages of Jackson Creek Memory Care - Independence, MO

Expensive!

For the $6000 we are paying, my loved one is not getting enough care. They do no give her the medications on time. My loved one finds herself haveing to get up to go to the restroom by herself. Also, the staff and nurses she says are kind of snotty.

TERRIBLE FACILITY

This facility is absolutely TERRIBLE. They do not have enough staff to accommodate the amount of patients checked-in, but that does not stop them from taking on more. My mother was admitted to the rehabilitation center after her knee replacement surgery on a Friday at 5:30pm, she did not see a nurse or get any pain medication until 1:00am the next morning. She was told she was able to press the "call button" at any time and someone would come to her room and see how they could assist. I could have driven from my home in Blue Springs and helped her with her needs before anyone at this facility would be in her room to check on her. At one point, one of the assistants helped her to the bathroom, they told her they would be standing outside of her door in the hall and just to press the button and they would come back and help her off the toilet and back to her bed. They left her on the toilet for FORTY FIVE minutes. On average it took a nurse or tech at least 20 minutes to respond to her call button being pushed. Now, she is not a needy patient, at all. She only called or asked for help when/if she really needed it - to use the restroom, to be put on the CPM machine, to be given pain medication, etc. She was told by her doctor she needed to be on the CPM machine for her knee three times a day, for two hours each day. She was lucky to get on it twice a day, and if she did get placed on the machine three times the third time would be extremely late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. A nurse I came in contact with flat out told me she would never bring her mother there. Another nurse admitted each nurse is giving specific rooms, if lights are flashing on other rooms they won't go check on them if they aren't their patient. Such a terrible, terrible, terrible statement. I am shocked there are doctors and hospitals even recommending this place. Both my mother and I will be advising her doctor of the poor conditions here and recommended he never refer this facility to any more patients. Please do yourself a favor and choose another rehabilitation center. You will NEVER get the care and medical attention you require here.

STAY AWAY!

ONE STAR IS TOO MANY, but you can't submit without at least one star.

If you care for your loved on at all, DO NOT take them to this facility. The place is lovely on the outside, but it is the staffing, care and policies that are highly inadequate. [removed]

My mom checked in needing only assistance with PIC line and IVs for a 12-day rehab order. She was to receive an IV every 8 hours due to a serious blood infection, as well as receiving her regular blood pressure and other medications.

I realized upon walking into the facility that we may have made an error in bringing her to the Villages when the first nurse we encountered said to the transport driver "Oh great...another one. Why won't they tell us when someone new is coming." She said this loudly while making eye contact with me and in a very disgusted tone...not merely frustrated by incredibly rude! I asked the Admissions Assistant who was taking us to mom's room whether that nurse would be assigned to my mother. Embarrassed, the Assistant assured me she would not.

After the Admissions Assistant left (making sure to get all of mom's insurance cards for payment), mom did not have any nurses proactively come to her care for nearly 12 hours. She required assistance to go to the bathroom and ended up walking herself at the risk of falling. She encountered at least four employees in the halls and asked them abut her regular medications (due at 8:00 p.m.) and her next IV (due at 9:00 p.m.). Each employee said "I'll check on that" and mom never saw them again. Finally at 2:00 in the morning, she managed her way out of her room to the nurse's station and spoke with the nurse in charge of her room. This nurse opened mom's file and said she didn't have any medications prescribed from the hospital. We knew that was an error because the hospital showed us the discharge packet which included the medications. After searching, the nurse found my mom's medication orders [removed]!! The Villages hadn't even ordered my mom's medication for the IV yet, and by the time the medication was delivered, it was nearly 24 hours (these were needed every 8 hours) after being admitted to their care. I MOVED MY MOM FROM THIS LOCATION 24 HOURS AFTER SHE WAS ADMITTED and we are very pleased with her care in nearby [name removed]. I am so thankful my mom has the capacity to speak for herself and recognize when she hadn't received her medications. I can't imagine someone who is there for memory care!

This place should be ashamed of themselves and are in desperate need of a management overhaul. Don't be fooled by its quaint Tuscany theme. They apparently spend all their time and money on the appearance rather than quality of care.

Best place for what we needed (Memory care)

Found all Facilities to be expensive for what you get however there were a number of things that made our choices easier at this location.
1. Memory Care was a separate lock down facility
2. Private room with its own bathroom and shower
3. Layout was optimal for supervision
4. Courtyard access with supervision

Very pleased with this community!

We are most pleased with the Villages of Jackson Creek Memory Care! My loved one really seems to enjoy it here, and he has told us that the people and the food are great. He is one of the younger residents at the community and he loves to help show everyone else around, and says they are all very friendly! We are just happy that he is happy and in a safe place!

Ok but expensive for the level of care provided

The facility makes a good first impression. However, the lack of adequate staffing resulted in our loved one not receiving assistance with dressing or toileting. Often, family reminders to staff were needed to change soiled bed linens. Sometimes the food was cold and not all items were served to our loved one that were supposed to be included. The staff was well-meaning and concerned but too many patients for the available staff for the cost of services left us with an overall feeling of disappointment with the management of the facility. Our loved one fell twice in 1 week, the second of which led to fatal head injuries, even though we had alerted staff that day that he was unstable and needed closer supervision.

Awesome Home for your loved ones

They truly care for the families as much as the patient. Very honest and upfront with info. They will work with you on any areas you have questions about. Their first priority is the care and well being of your loved ones. It is a comfort to know my dad is in their hands! I'm very please with Scott, Candyss, Barb, John and the rest of the crew. I have no complaints :) They are a top notch facility.

Great nurses

The nurses at another place had been so good with my ex mother in law but that place closed and all of the nurses went here. Dee Matteo was just a fantastic nurse and all of the nurses who worked with her. She got them all trained on the things mom needed and would do and she was the one that made it great there. It was clean, very nice, the food was decent, there was only one bad nurse there and we got things straightened out so things went smoothly after. It was clean, it was nice and the people there were mostly good and when I had a complaint (I didn't complain very much) they would listen.

Not great rehab

I think they're short on help, she was there for rehab and it was ok. I think it was a big facility and I think we went there a lot so they took better care of her. The people weren't as friendly or seemed to care as much. I'm very familiar with physical therapy and occupational therapy and I don't think what they were doign with pt was as much as they could have been, she was jsut sitting on a bicycle and walking up and down the hallways. We have more for therapy in my school than they have here.

This is still a possibility.

This is still a possibility.

The Villages of Jackson Creek, located in the peaceful environs of Independence, Missouri, offers a thorough array of senior care. We pride ourselves on providing a variety of opportunities and enriching experiences for our guests. The Villages of Jackson Creek is pleased to offer an exciting array of amenities, from strolling along the manicured pathways to activities that encourage social engagement and connecting with new friends. Assisted Living The Villages of Jackson Creek is proud to offer independent living in a lifestyle community of independent apartments and featuring an array of care, from meal service and dietary counseling to memory care services with our exclusive and nurturing CALMÖ program, LifeWorks senior wellness program, and nursing services are available. The opportunities for fun and social interaction include the Majestic Movie Theatre, Grizzly Bear Lodge, two libraries, Creamery Ice Cream Parlor, Community Dance Floor, and so much more! Clinical Care For those guests whose needs extend to the medical, there are an array of services to assist you, ranging from 24-hour clinical care featuring professional, caring, licensed nursing staff to restorative nursing and hospice and respite care. Some features of Clinical Care include: pulmonary management, post surgical stabilization, intravenous therapy, oxygen therapy, and lab and x-ray services. AlzheimerÆs and Dementia Care The Villages of Jackson CreekÆs Memory Care Village is proud to offer the professional and nurturing application of our sensory-based CALMÖ program that facilitates recall and aids in establishing a sense of connectedness. We also utilize what is known as the ôIö care approach for senior care, tailored around the individualÆs abilities, personal story and unique preferences, customizing care tailored to the individualÆs needs. Facets of this care include physical, occupational & speech therapy; aid with medication and personal care, Life Story Book, daily activities, exercise, social interactions, and cognitive stimulation.